What do you think made you like diapers

What do you think is the source of your interest?

• I wore diapers for bedwetting

Votes: 31 17.3%
  • I wore diapers for daytime wetting

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • I wet the bed didn’t wear diapers and wanted to

Votes: 17 9.5%
  • I knew someone who wore diapers and felt jealous

Votes: 21 11.7%
  • I have no idea I just liked diapers.

Votes: 99 55.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
KrankyPants said:
making me want to regress to a childlike state to re-live early life
I think this is it for me. My parents weren't abusive in any way, but I do have ADHD and growing up and learning to go to school was very very hard on me because I was often given a hard time by my teachers and parents.

I guess when I was in nappies was the last time I could fully be myself without trying to control anything about my behavior.

Abdlchriscrinkle said:
You need another option to this poll:

Put back/punished in diapers because of accidents
wow this is actually a real thing? i thought its just fantasies..
its also suprising by the vote that people voted no idea just liked it, i always thought people that are into diapers definitely had some kind of connection with it, at least in childhood.

inthedark said:
wow this is actually a real thing? i thought its just fantasies
I'm sure it does, but there's certainly an element of "that happened" sometimes when I see some of the stories floating around here.

inthedark said:
its also suprising by the vote that people voted no idea just liked it, i always thought people that are into diapers definitely had some kind of connection with it, at least in childhood.

Yes, for me it was real, and I truly believe it was my trigger. My dear parents, whom I have great relationships with, were non abusive and gave me a great childhood and upbringing.
This only happened once because I would hold it for too long and then dirty my undies at a young age after potty training.

I vividly remember it, but still can't remember what happened after the diaper was put on me. I do remember screaming and crying in protest because they told me they would start treating me the way I was acting.
Of course, this was the mid eighties, and they were plastic backed huggies. Definitely why I am ultimately drawn to plastic backed diapers.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiaperGuy08 and SofiaInPampers
inthedark said:
Yep it definitely is , at least for me but it is not the abdl fantasy kind of punishment fantasy story that is going about . It involves actual shaming and humiliation not the abdl kind , i was a bedwetter at the time and being in diapers at teen age im constantly being compared to my peers , im from asia so "face" is very important to parents here . I would be compared to others like why are you still wetting and having to wear diapers , you are already old enough , XXXX's son / daughter is your age and they don't wear diapers etc .

Reactions: Lyric and DiaperGuy08
Sgdlboy said:
Yep it definitely is , at least for me but it is not the abdl fantasy kind of punishment fantasy story that is going about . It involves actual shaming and humiliation not the abdl kind , i was a bedwetter at the time and being in diapers at teen age im constantly being compared to my peers , im from asia so "face" is very important to parents here . I would be compared to others like why are you still wetting and having to wear diapers , you are already old enough , XXXX's son / daughter is your age and they don't wear diapers etc .
In my case I think I had the opposite experience. My mom and I were so close and she was so kind to me, never criticized or punished or threatned me because I wet my bed. She diapered me every night until I was 17 and was always so attentive and loving especially while she was going through the process of cleaning, powdering and pinning my diapers on. Lots of hugs and kisses from her. She was the same with my two sisters who also wet their beds and wore diapers. None of us were pressured to stop wetting our beds and go without diapers. In retrospect, I'm sure I loved all of the attention and love I received from her when she diapered me and I know I was often aroused and derived sexual stimuli from diapers and wetting them and that is at the root of my love of wearing and wetting myself today, decades later.

Reactions: RavenCZ
I like to wet , I liked to wet the bed , i liked to wet my pants , I have my whole life, I would wet anytime i had the time to wet and then hide the fact that i had, diapers allow me to wet all the time

Reactions: wetaccident, Lyric, WBxx and 1 other person
Abdlchriscrinkle said:
Yes, for me it was real, and I truly believe it was my trigger. My dear parents, whom I have great relationships with, were non abusive and gave me a great childhood and upbringing.
This only happened once because I would hold it for too long and then dirty my undies at a young age after potty training.

I vividly remember it, but still can't remember what happened after the diaper was put on me. I do remember screaming and crying in protest because they told me they would start treating me the way I was acting.
Of course, this was the mid eighties, and they were plastic backed huggies. Definitely why I am ultimately drawn to plastic backed diapers.
Sgdlboy said:
i would say that was a pretty suprising kind of punishment. i dont know why but its always my choice to wear one, i mean i had a bowel ic before, but even when i know i can get a day without one, i kept wearing one anyways. so i guess i liked diaper way earlier, i dont remember a single year without wearing one

Last edited:
Abdlchriscrinkle said:
You need another option to this poll:

Put back/punished in diapers because of accidents
I can definitely relate to that. I needed diapers growing up for bedwetting and accidents, but they were also used as a punishment tool for me too.

It is one of my very first memories. I have wanted to wear diapers my entire life. Liked many others, puberty muddied the waters by adding sexually desire to my life.

I have my thoughts about what might be the origin to my affinity to wear diapers, but I really only know that they have been a part of me my entire life.

Here's my first memory I can recall about wanting to wear diapers after not being in them as a baby.

Hunter185 said:
I wore diapers to bed every night. I was put in them for daytime "protection" sometimes, too. Wearing diapers and plastic pants, having diaper changes, etc was routine. I remember feeling "cozy" when my night diapers were put on. When I started drying up, I felt naked without them. I started using makeshift diapers so I could get to sleep
This is very similar to my experiences. I was a constant bedwetter when I was growing up, so wearing diapers every night was mandatory for me. Around grade 4 I started having some daytime accidents, so I was put into diapers for added protection as well. After that, it was basically diapers 24/7 for me, which lasted until I was almost 17 years old. (Was dry for a few years, but have now needed to return to diapers again as an adult.) Wearing diapers and plastic or rubber panties, having random diaper checks, getting my diaper changed, only being allowed to wear a diaper at home in the evening and no pants, etc. was all routine for me as well growing up. There was also a huge component of bullying, abuse, punishment, and humiliation that I experienced primarily from my Dad growing up. (I have written about it previously so I won't go into it again right now.) But being diapered for my whole childhood and adolescence is definitely the source of the interest and need for my diapers.

Reactions: Hunter185 and Lyric
They're might've been some things further back...But my earliest memory was me having this dream about a girl i liked in school and she and i were wearing them and acting like babies..I think thats what started it. Everything before that's a blur.

Reactions: Lyric
i feel aroused from going to the bathroom in my pants and diapers are cozy

Reactions: Lyric
Becoming aroused while being diapered or when going potty in my diapers, or playing with myself under my diapers has always been the most powerful and compelling motivation for wanting wear my diapers and rubber pants and has been since I was around 10.

I think I probably have a pee fetish. (to this day I remember a friend of mine in grade school that wet her pants while we were sitting in a circle with others playing a game. all of a sudden she was sitting in a pool of wet. I was somehow fascinated). Then later I would just pull down by pants and pee where ever I wanted -without anybody seeing me. I even did it a few times at a job I used to have when I was the last person to leave. I'd go into different offices and pee on the rug. I finally discovered diapers -they still give me a thrill when wetting them instead of using the toilet. Maybe I think I'm being naughty

wettingagain said:
I think I probably have a pee fetish. (to this day I remember a friend of mine in grade school that wet her pants while we were sitting in a circle with others playing a game. all of a sudden she was sitting in a pool of wet. I was somehow fascinated). Then later I would just pull down by pants and pee where ever I wanted -without anybody seeing me. I even did it a few times at a job I used to have when I was the last person to leave. I'd go into different offices and pee on the rug. I finally discovered diapers -they still give me a thrill when wetting them instead of using the toilet. Maybe I think I'm being naughty
Peeing on other people's rugs is really not ok!

• Angry
Reactions: Lyric and 2012Stroke
I was just discussing with my Mommy last night one of my first real memories being somewhere in '99-'00 when I was 5 or so in daycare, and seeing a pack of diapers and just being inexplicably drawn to them. I had zero idea why, but in my 5-year-old head, it was really simple. Maybe it was because I was a bedwetter and thought I wouldn't have to worry if someone just put me back in diapers. I was attending what turned out to be a really abusive daycare situation, so maybe I sought safety in the diapers from one of the staff who used to bully me. Either way, I was five the first time I snuck away, out of adult sightlines, grabbed a diaper, and tried putting it on.

I didn't entertain it through childhood really until my brother was in pull-ups. I tried a few on, peed in a few, they were alright, but I wanted diapers, and the CVS store-brand diapers kept leaking -- and so my first case of Bambinos Classicos was on its way sooner than later. This had to be, I dunno, 2009? 2010? (age 15-16?) I wore those to high school sometimes, but a combination of judgmental peers, being rather active, and hard high school desk seats stopped that from being a full-time thing. Once I could drive and was leaving high school, I found a medical supply store south of the city and was introduced to Tena and Molicares (cloth). I spent my whole first year of community college in diapers more often than not. Not quite 24/7 but wore to all my classes and meetups. I was just another college kid in comfy sweats -- and, unbeknownst to literally everyone else, a thick diaper underneath.

In my adult life, the ABDL industry has exploded and I have also found a relationship with someone who takes great joy in my ABDL/pup side -- all of it -- including the dirty diapers, changing, and just everything in between. I've been diapered and collared 24/7 since at least the beginning of the year, but I kinda forget. My life just kinda began making the transition to the way I always wanted to live once I was out of my house and with someone who embraced me.

TL;DR - I think (and Mommy thinks) it's a combo of subpar parents who didn't give me much attention and an abusive daycare experience being one of my earliest memories where I sought out diapers as a reliever, for some reason. When I was older and my brother was pull-up age, I think it was me trying to regress out of spite because I was left to raise my brother. When I was in college, it was a very sensory, self-soothing thing to be in class, diapered, with big comfy sweats on. It was the only way I could pay attention fully in class. As an adult with OAB and IBD, and a very very supportive spouse who prefers me diapered, I quite literally don't feel comfortable not diapered, most of the time, and try to keep "air out/underwear time" to an absolute minimum.

Addendum: I don't think it's something that is simply connected to the childhoods we all have. There are too many variables. Too many people with idyllic childhoods end up ABDLs for it to be as simple as "Abusive/subpar childhood with less attention = ABDL" or "Abuse = ABDL". I think, if I had not entertained the goodnites, I probably wouldn't have bought CVS diapers. If I hadn't bought CVS diapers, I wouldn't have gotten an appetite for ABDL diapers. If I never experienced the beautiful sensory satisfaction, safety, and security of premium ABDL diapers, I would have never been able to envision being in them real-deal full-time for the rest of my life. I think it's a bit of a rabbit hole and you choose what avenues to develop down. Yes, the first seed is planted in childhood, but I don't think it's necessarily one seed in one place, and I don't think the seeds are only planted in your earliest years.

Mine I think originally stemmed from when I was in the hospital at age 4 seeing other kids wear pullups and I had to use the potty even though I had accidents all the time because I had a lung problem. Then had bedwetting issues from age 7-10. Then when I was 11 I tried on one of my cousins Luvs diapers and peed in it and was hooked ever since.

Marting said:
Peeing on other people's rugs is really not ok!
Well really intentionally peeing on others peoples rugs is really not ok. Now if it is accidental, then get some Resolve and clean it up!

Lyric said:
Becoming aroused while being diapered or when going potty in my diapers, or playing with myself under my diapers has always been the most powerful and compelling motivation for wanting wear my diapers and rubber pants and has been since I was around 10.
very relatable , back then when i was a teen i wake up to wet diapers and it is kinda arousing and being at that age and going though puberty in diapers causes me to like diapers even more.

In my case I think I had the opposite experience. My mom and I were so close and she was so kind to me, never criticized or punished or threatned me because I wet my bed. She diapered me every night until I was 17 and was always so attentive and loving especially while she was going through the process of cleaning, powdering and pinning my diapers on. Lots of hugs and kisses from her. She was the same with my two sisters who also wet their beds and wore diapers. None of us were pressured to stop wetting our beds and go without diapers. In retrospect, I'm sure I loved all of the attention and love I received from her when she diapered me and I know I was often aroused and derived sexual stimuli from diapers and wetting them and that is at the root of my love of wearing and wetting myself today, decades later.
Its so nice that your mom supported you , my mom would never understand what is it about being a DL.

This is very similar to my experiences. I was a constant bedwetter when I was growing up, so wearing diapers every night was mandatory for me. Around grade 4 I started having some daytime accidents, so I was put into diapers for added protection as well. After that, it was basically diapers 24/7 for me, which lasted until I was almost 17 years old. (Was dry for a few years, but have now needed to return to diapers again as an adult.) Wearing diapers and plastic or rubber panties, having random diaper checks, getting my diaper changed, only being allowed to wear a diaper at home in the evening and no pants, etc. was all routine for me as well growing up. There was also a huge component of bullying, abuse, punishment, and humiliation that I experienced primarily from my Dad growing up. (I have written about it previously so I won't go into it again right now.) But being diapered for my whole childhood and adolescence is definitely the source of the interest and need for my diapers.
I experienced something similar except i usually change my own diaper but the constant humiliation and sort of punishment and being diapered throughout my teens definitely made me a DL .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back