what caused you to be a dl

BobbiSueEllen said:
Bammo. Same here. I saw diapers the same way..."something I couldn't have". Always told "You're too old to wear diapers!", "Only babies wear diapers!" I wanted to feel what wearing a diaper was like, feel what babies feel. One diaper was all it took. And I'm hooked.

It took decades to realize I'm still a baby. I still have so much wide-eyed wonder in me, simple things still arouse my curiosity. All I see in Muggle Adulthood is fatalist thinking, endless assumption, resignation, everything's taboo, no looking back. The voices..."Not for you! Grow up! Act your age!" :cry:

That isn't me. What's good for them isn't good for me. I LOVE wearing diapers; I love wearing big little-girl clothing. I love binkies, bottles 🍼, toys, stuffies, my sweet Bonnie Baer 🧸, I love it all. I am a baby...a real baby! I love fun, pretty things, cuddles 🤗, softness, happiness 🥳, sweetness 🥰...busy times, quiet times...not having to worry at all, letting my diaper do its job. Toddle-waddle-crinkling about 🧸🍼, dry or soggy-wet. Slowly fading into Dreamland wherever I lay, dry or soggy-wet 😴. Sweet dreams...waking up and doing it all over again. 🥰🥰🥰

I don't wanna slowly die like the rest...I wanna live 'til I can't live anymore, in a dress an' a diaper, cuddling Bonnie. Doing, being what I love. We should all be so lucky.
--- *** ---​

"The function of a [person] is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them
(Or trying to relive them);
I shall use my time." --author unknown 🥰
Love what you said here! Very well spoken, agree.

• Love
Reactions: DroopyDrawers, BobbiSueEllen and ianwee
It started as sexual as a pre-teen/teen, but evolved into comfort.... Warm weight of a semi-soggy diaper. But, diapered or not, still LOVE walking down the baby aisle with mouth closed and "nose wide open" - and of course - like many of us - "blush on the inside" when Pampers or Huggies commercials are aired......much to the amusement of my knowing wife. ;):love:

• Love
Reactions: xxPampersBoyxx, BobbiSueEllen, ianwee and 1 other person
Fairwarning said:
I'm pretty sure I always was a dl. I don't feel like there was somthing that caused it.
Same here.

• Love
Reactions: DroopyDrawers, Nottylu, diaperdude and 3 others
My youngest memories I always liked wearing diapers, and wetting them. My mind/body just latched on to them, and never really let go. I just learned to live with it, and enjoy.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I started taking a liking to diapers when I was 10. I used to steal from my sisters dolls and then started raiding diaper bags when family friends would visit with babies. I used to buy the depends diapers and sneak them home and hide in my bedroom when living at home. College, I brought a dufffle bag to the store. I had my own room in college so no problem hiding. I now purchase them from ABU. Happy with their selection and absorbancy. Glad I found this community as I have been a closet DL for 42 years. Working from home I am able to wear all day and to bed. Just started getting the courage to wear in public. Started only when walking dog and can hide them under a coat. Thats my story.

• Love
Reactions: DroopyDrawers, JustAGirl, KBoy and 1 other person
jyamiolkDL said:
I have been a closet DL for 42 years.
42 years for me, too!!! 🤗

• Love
Reactions: JustAGirl and KBoy
I (29M) was a bed wetter until my mid teens and it has been off and on since then. I was the oldest of 5 and always expected to be the example and I guess diapers provided a way to escape that sometimes. I’d frequently sneak pull-ups from my siblings to wear even after I stopped regularly wetting the bed and was actually caught by my mother tapping two together one time.

I wear now for infrequent bed wetting and I work from home so I can wear whenever I want which is fantastic. My wife supports me with my bed wetting and as a DL with a matter-of-fact attitude being in the healthcare industry and loves me just the same

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: wetaccident, JaberandCamgar and BobbiSueEllen
i dunno, i just like pee

• Haha
Reactions: Nottylu, tyguydl, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
42 years for me, too!!! 🤗
Awesome! Love that you do you!

JaberandCamgar said:
I've always had that slight feeling of longing whenever I've witnessed a diaper change. When I was about 15, I encountered a couple of physically disabled youths that wore diapers, which brought those thoughts back. Then, after discovering @Rotommowtom 's DeviantArt page and his diapered OC characters, I officially discovered the ABDL community. I ordered and wore my first adult diapers in July 2021.
yo dude, it's me rotom. i'm glad i could inspire you bro.

diapers are great and are underrated form of underwear in the "normal" world. which makes me said, i wish US ABDL peeps could be more open with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: diaperkool, JaberandCamgar and BobbiSueEllen
I had my first orgasm after being put into a fan fold Pampers disposable in 1976.

This experience was the major driving force which prompted me to further develop my fetish and become a DL with AB tendencies sometime in the early 1980s. Unfortunately I went into a forced masturbatory reconditioning which was troublesome and had to wait 4 long decades before being put back in diapers due to a cold-induced diuresis I was diagnosed in 2006.

With the resurgence of the Internet I finally discovered the ABDL community after finding a German glamour magazine for diaper lovers in late 2001/early 2002.

Someone said:
what caused you to be a dl?
I was always wishing it since my early 20’s and didn’t know or have the opportunity to wear adult sized PP. I saw adverts in the newspapers for adult PP and knew one day it might happen.
It was 20 years later that I got my chance. The feeling was better than I’d hoped. I’d dabbled with small accidents in underwear but couldn’t maintain the fun outside the confines of a toilet.

Reactions: Brumas94 and BobbiSueEllen
For me, always had nighttime bladder issues so some sort of protection was always in the picture. Hit a point probably early teens where I just stopped letting it be a negative probably when I realized that there was more people that had a similar mindset and acknowledged being part of the AB/DL mix so it sorta allowed me to cope with what I used to see as being flawed.

• Love
Reactions: DroopyDrawers and BobbiSueEllen
Nuclear Attraction

Zeke said:
Originally I was a plastic pants lover, a PPL, from toddlerhood. This was something that I went through binge and purge cycles throughout the years with. Then, a little over 7 years ago I had a seizure that resulted in my minor urinary incontinence, from a cervical spinal injury, and later 2 level fusion, becoming full on dual ic. After the surgery in ‘91 I had gotten up to 225 mg of morphine and 50 mg of hydrocodone daily, but years later, about the time I had the seizure, the pain clinic had tried radio frequency ablation to mitigate the pain. This reduced the pain sufficiently that I dropped down to less than 20% of the pain medication which relieved years of opioid induced constipation. This improved functioning of my GI track combined with the dual ic made diapers an even more essential item for daily life. After trying disposable pull-up products and then disposable 4 tape diapers, that were too expensive to be practical on my fixed income, I turned to cloth diapers, which my wife and I had diapered our children with very economically. After a while the cloth diapers seemed to augment my affinity for plastic pants and I gradually found myself becoming a DL along with being a PPL. Initially when I became incontinent I found that I was becoming rather resentful about my situation and I knew, that for me, attitude makes all the difference in how I deal with an issue. So I chose to embrace my condition knowing that if I didn’t my life could well be quite miserable. That’s how I came to be a DL in addition to my being a PPL.
I see that you had radio frequency ablation I'm looking into that I have severe spinal stenosis at cervical spine and Lumbar spine do you know how they do that severe pain I can relate to had pain shots and pt its like putting a bandaid on a broken leg and definitely opioid induced constipation I became Urinary Incontinent lightly and then a need for briefs I was plastic pants and cloth diapers big time bed wetter because of a constricted urethra until about 12 been dl ever since and dlui same here embrace the condition didn't want to fight it I'm more at ease now dont want any more stress because of a new heart condition take care from BabyTigerCub.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Zeke
I was a frequent bedwetter for a while and discovered I liked to wet my underwear at a pretty young age. It eventually led me to wearing pull-ups at 12. It’s been diapers ever since.

Reactions: wetaccident, DroopyDrawers and BobbiSueEllen
mistykitty said:
I honestly think it's just something we are either born with or something at an early age establishes that connect with us that diapers are a comfort item. Many people here have experienced some sort of childhood event that could've cause some reminder about when being in diapers meant you were safe. I know I did.
I agree. From the age of 5 my mother managed to instil control but never lost the want for my plastic pants. I even felt sad as a teenager that I could never wear something like that again. It was such a moment when I discovered that there were products for stricken adults. I had to wait years for my chance.

Reactions: Pelusos and BobbiSueEllen
jyamiolkDL said:
I started taking a liking to diapers when I was 10. I used to steal from my sisters dolls and then started raiding diaper bags when family friends would visit with babies. I used to buy the depends diapers and sneak them home and hide in my bedroom when living at home. College, I brought a dufffle bag to the store. I had my own room in college so no problem hiding. I now purchase them from ABU. Happy with their selection and absorbancy. Glad I found this community as I have been a closet DL for 42 years. Working from home I am able to wear all day and to bed. Just started getting the courage to wear in public. Started only when walking dog and can hide them under a coat. Thats my story.
Well said and lively outcome. What’s your dog btw?

DroopyDrawers said:
Well said and lively outcome. What’s your dog btw?
She is a Bassett Mix most likely a little Pit She is my girl.

Reactions: DroopyDrawers and BobbiSueEllen
jyamiolkDL said:
She is a Bassett Mix most likely a little Pit She is my girl.

Attachments

• IMG_3113.jpeg
    IMG_3113.jpeg
    818 KB · Views: 5
Back