What are your thoughts on Sleeping position and bed wetting?

Kinkybabynicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
So like the title says. What sleeping position do you feel is more likely to cause you to bed wet if any or do you think it doesn’t make a difference?

I’m an infrequent bed wetter so it’s hit or miss If I do and it’s usually only when I’m really tired and sometimes if I’ve had a few beers or drank a lot before bed so pretty much a full bladder. So last night I didn’t drink beer but I drank a lot of water and lately I’ve been sleeping on my stomach because of my shoulder injury (anyone have a torn rotator cuff?) and I fell asleep on my stomach and woke up this morning and my double diaper was completely soaked. I’m just curious what insight you all may have.

Reactions: medfet878, Jorelaxed and Lyric
Tends to happen more when I'm sleeping on my back. Something about side sleeping makes it harder to pee I guess. But I roll around so much in my sleep I end up in every position by the end of the day.

• Love
Reactions: medfet878, PaddedRita and Jorelaxed
This gal a full time wearer ! Sleep on the side most of the time on my left.
Very rarely have any leaking or wetting the bed !

Reactions: medfet878, PrincessPlaypen and Jorelaxed
I usually sleep on my stomach, but sometimes on my back. I can tell how I was sleeping by where the diaper is wet. If the front is soaked, then I was on my stomach. If it is mostly in the middle and seeping into the back, then I was on my back when I wet. I also occasionally sleep on my side, which means the diaper will most likely leak and only be damp in the front or middle. I have tried to train myself not to do that, but it happens sometimes.

I suspect that my body is less likely to wet if I am sleeping on my side because it is worried about leaks, but that is hard to know for sure. Other than that, I don't think sleeping position tends to affect the likelihood of wetting the bed, at least not for me.

Sleeping deeply, which is more likely to happen if you are comfortable, could have an impact on the chances of wetting the bed. So whatever position you are most comfortable in, could increase your chances of having a nighttime accident.

Drinking water or other liquids right before bed is what most affects my chances of wetting the bed. If I don't chug water right before going to sleep, my chances of wetting the bed are pretty low. Eating right before bed also lowers the likelihood of an accident, but the affect is far less significant than drinking water. Those are the two most important factors in wetting the bed for me, while sleeping position at most has a tiny role in my chances of an accident.

Reactions: medfet878
Kinkybabynicky said:
So like the title says. What sleeping position do you feel is more likely to cause you to bed wet if any or do you think it doesn’t make a difference?

I’m an infrequent bed wetter so it’s hit or miss If I do and it’s usually only when I’m really tired and sometimes if I’ve had a few beers or drank a lot before bed so pretty much a full bladder. So last night I didn’t drink beer but I drank a lot of water and lately I’ve been sleeping on my stomach because of my shoulder injury (anyone have a torn rotator cuff?) and I fell asleep on my stomach and woke up this morning and my double diaper was completely soaked. I’m just curious what insight you all may have.
I wet two to three times per week. I wear pull-ups because the adhesive tabs on diapers don’t hold up after a few removals to got to the toilet. The pull-ups are adequate if I am on my back but leak if I am on my side when I wet. Therefore I try to sleep on my back as much as possible.

Kinkybabynicky said:

I have torn rotator tendons in both shoulders and sleep on my back because of shoulder pain when I sleep on either shoulder. I wear diapers and rubber pants, wet most nights while asleep, or when I wake up feeling the need to potty. I have no problems wetting, and no issue regarding leaks due to sleeping on my side.

Chugging anything doesn't work for me. I always have to immediately pee before I can fall asleep. 🤣

I have only wet myself a few times if you even want to call it that because it was very little . Every time it happens though I find myself waking up on my back , how the hell or why it happens I really have no idea it just happens.

I notice I wet the most in my sleep when I am on my back. I drench my diapers in this sleeping position.

Reactions: medfet878, PaddedRita and BenNevis
Rita said:
This gal a full time wearer ! Sleep on the side most of the time on my left.
Very rarely have any leaking or wetting the bed !
Girls have it easy- don't have to be "pointed" correctly!

Back