What Are Your Thoughts On Male "Incontinence Clamps" ?

KitsuneFox said:
This device looks like it could be dangerous if used too long, but the description claims it can be used for hours at a time.
It’s a great way to get a uti

Reactions: nwm and BobbiSueEllen
ltaluv knows what he's talking about. A Cunningham Clamp is intended for stress incontinence. I was given one following my radical prostatectomy (the hospital gave one to all RP patients). When properly placed, you don't sense it on your penis, but you may notice something foreign in your underwear when moving/twisting. It was not effective for me, because of my neurogenic bladder.

A quick reminder... The Incontinence forum is for people with genuine incontinence issues. kitsunefox expressed concern regarding a device being advertised for incontinence issues. Expressing disdain or an opinion with no knowledge of the product is not helpful, nor does it answer the OP's concerns. The Vib Reflex Male Urinary Incontinence Clamp is a new variation of a traditional device that has been used for decades. Some may find it off-putting, but that does not make it bad, nor useless. For many men who have had a radical prostatectomy, a Cunningham Clamp frees them from needing to change a male guard several times a day, smelling of pee, etc.

I am not incontinent, however I do have NE. I have looked at the clamps before! I think they could be useful, like if I still dribbled during the day and wanted to not have a diaper on. What I do worry about is if I did not have sensation in my bladder and was clamped, if I could harm myself by forgetting to take it off and urinate.

If I used a clamp I would definitely need to have a timer on my watch to remind me to remove it and urinate to prevent stressing my plumbing to an extreme. You never know, since there is not a wetness indicator or visible sign it is time to change, supplies. 🤔

NO THANK YOU!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
CheshireCat said:
A Cunningham Clamp is intended for stress incontinence
Now that actually makes sense on its design and intended purpose!

Err...no. Just...no...

I can see that it may help incontinent guys who leak constantly for short periods, perhaps for when swapping between diapers during a change,
or for short periods while swimming. So it could help some guys in some situations. But that's it. Something like this shouldn't be a replacement for diapers and/or a catheter. It would only damage the urethra, or cause bad UTIs.
Claiming that a clamp can fix your incontinence is toxic. Sure, it may help you manage it, but fix it? No...
And you'd better be near a toilet or have a diaper ready when you take it off too...
But that's just my two cents...

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Reactions: nwm and winterheart01
Dinotopian2002 said:
Err...no. Just...no...

I can see that it may help incontinent guys who leak constantly for short periods, perhaps for when swapping between diapers during a change,
or for short periods while swimming. So it could help some guys in some situations. But that's it. Something like this shouldn't be a replacement for diapers and/or a catheter. It would only damage the urethra, or cause bad UTIs.
Claiming that a clamp can fix your incontinence is toxic. Sure, it may help you manage it, but fix it? No...
And you'd better be near a toilet or have a diaper ready when you take it off too...
But that's just my two cents...

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002
True, because when i manually clamp my urethra with my fingers just to get to the bathroom to wash up and prepare everything or stow everything away, i already had ,2 small leakages , i can clearly feel the urethra expand and after an hour it is very uncomfortable, but this is also part due to the scar tissue i have there.
For me a clamp would only mean s temporary break of diapers but to go to a toilet once an hour or sooner to avoid excessive pressure.
Of course this depends from person to person and what and how much you drink etc.
The 3 urologists i visited never mentioned clamps because they kept referring to my scar tissue in the urethra being a problem, removing it didn't help because it keeps coming back.
I still have to dilate weekly....

I think I will have to pass. I can think of much better things to clamp on my member instead.

Reactions: winterheart01, nwm and BobbiSueEllen
@ltaluv covers it perfectly and I'd attest to almost everything said. I will use them for swimming but that is it. The bladder spasms are horrible and some of mine will cause it to leak. It is an option for saving oneself some embarrassment in situations that a pad doesn't work.

I do find it a bit uncomfortable not because of the compression but because of the awkward shape of the bulk. Also if you suffer from Priapism or if for some reason you see a really beautiful woman (or man if that's your preference)...

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
N O P E

Reactions: nwm, AJFan2020 and BobbiSueEllen
I have one and use it strictly after a shower to keep dry while drying off and give me time to apply barrier cream. Then off it goes. Maybe 5mins aday

Reactions: KenworthW900b, nwm and BobbiSueEllen
My thoughts on that device? Torture is illegal.

Cheers

• Love
Reactions: nwm and BobbiSueEllen
Back