What are the comfiest diapers you’ve ever worn?

Bluebell742

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Hi everyone,
I’m looking to purchase some diapers for the first time, but before I do, I have a question: what are the comfiest diapers that you would recommend? I’m not looking to wet my diaper, so absorption isn’t a concern for me, but I’m looking for a really soft, comfortable diaper to wear. Thanks for any advice.

Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover
I only wear cloth diapers, and find them very comfortable. The more they are washed, the softer they get.

Reactions: BusyBritches, steviet and Bluebell742
Bambino Magnifico/ Blanco which have elastic waist and elastic wings

Reactions: Bluebell742
Hands down: Curity Cloth diapers! 😇

(Which sadly are no longer made for either big babies or little babies.)

Curity diapers were popular in the 1950s and 1960s with moms who loved their softness and the ability to fold them to fit any size baby bottom from newborns to chubby toddlers.

When I was a kid growing up in Phoenix, Arizona in the 1960s, EVERY backyard clothesline was full of Curity cloth diapers drying in the sun. Some families in our area had 2 and 3 little ones in diapers so their clotheslines were always full of Curity cloth diapers hanging out to dry. 😇

Attachments

• 2-dozen-vintage-cloth-diapers-all-Curity-diapers-100-cotton-fabric-Laurel-Leaf-Farm-item-no-s6...jpg
    2-dozen-vintage-cloth-diapers-all-Curity-diapers-100-cotton-fabric-Laurel-Leaf-Farm-item-no-s6...jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 12
  • il_794xN.484973935_2mv2.jpg
    il_794xN.484973935_2mv2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 13
  • il_1588xN.484973929_jgos.jpg
    il_1588xN.484973929_jgos.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 2-dozen-vintage-cloth-diapers-all-Curity-diapers-100-cotton-fabric-Laurel-Leaf-Farm-item-no-s6...jpg
    2-dozen-vintage-cloth-diapers-all-Curity-diapers-100-cotton-fabric-Laurel-Leaf-Farm-item-no-s6...jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: chamberpot, steviet and Bluebell742
I loved those Curity diapers!!

Reactions: BusyBritches and Bluebell742
Bluebell742 said:
Hi everyone,
I’m looking to purchase some diapers for the first time, but before I do, I have a question: what are the comfiest diapers that you would recommend? I’m not looking to wet my diaper, so absorption isn’t a concern for me, but I’m looking for a really soft, comfortable diaper to wear. Thanks for any advice.
I just bought some very comfortable, soft diapers from Changing Times Diaper Company in Las Vegas, NV. They cater to the AB/DL/IC community.

Reactions: BusyBritches and Bluebell742
steviet said:
I just bought some very comfortable, soft diapers from Changing Times Diaper Company in Las Vegas, NV. They cater to the AB/DL/IC community.
I should have said they were cloth diapers if that's what you're looking for

steviet said:
I should have said they were cloth diapers if that's what you're looking for

They look so awesome! Thank you so much. I’m sad that it costs $23 to ship them to the UK, though. It makes one cloth diaper a total of $41 😭

Definitely Rearz Inspire+/Safari and Forsite Under the Sea, along with Rearz Inspire Select. They have a very wide cut and are soft, thick, and poofy

Bluebell742 said:
Hi everyone,
Maybe PeekABU

If you're not looking to wet you might want to consider cloth or something with hook and loop tapes. I haven't tried either so I can't give you a great answer.

I really enjoy NorthShore Supreme Lites though!

Reactions: Bluebell742 and Carnifex
ChristianDiaperLover said:
Maybe PeekABU
They're pretty expensive especially for not wetting them.

Also just a possibility @Bluebell742 that just came to mind, have you considered cloth diapers, maybe even an all-in-one? If so would recommend EcoAble

Last edited:
BusyBritches said:
Hands down: Curity Cloth diapers! 😇

(Which sadly are no longer made for either big babies or little babies.)

Curity diapers were popular in the 1950s and 1960s with moms who loved their softness and the ability to fold them to fit any size baby bottom from newborns to chubby toddlers.

When I was a kid growing up in Phoenix, Arizona in the 1960s, EVERY backyard clothesline was full of Curity cloth diapers drying in the sun. Some families in our area had 2 and 3 little ones in diapers so their clotheslines were always full of Curity cloth diapers hanging out to dry. 😇
I had "birdseye" cloth diapers as a child. I think my mom had a diaper service

alwayz said:
I had "birdseye" cloth diapers as a child. I think my mom had a diaper service
Yes, my mom used both, but more Curity gauze then the Gerber Birdseye. But we had both at our house. My mom like the Curity flat-folds more than the Birdseye pre-folds, because you could fold the Curity to fit any size baby.

During one of my purge cycles, I tossed out my Curity diapers. :cry::cry:

• Sad
Reactions: Bluebell742 and BusyBritches
Most likely, anyone raised in cloth diapers during the 50's wore Curity diapers. The neighborhood clothes lines were filled with them

Reactions: Lyric, chamberpot, Bluebell742 and 1 other person
Cloth, especially on a cold day.

But for disposable, and based on comfort alone, I prefer Bambino Magnifico. They stretch, so I can wear these while working out and they won't start sagging.

Fellow Clothie here, although I wore disposables as a baby. I hated disposables for being too loud and uncomfortable, until recently with clothlike disposables. Old Little soul?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluebell742 and BusyBritches
Sheepies said:
If you're not looking to wet you might want to consider cloth or something with hook and loop tapes. I haven't tried either so I can't give you a great answer.

I really enjoy NorthShore Supreme Lites though!
I would agree with this. I am also a DL and often wear and still use the toilet. I just ordered Northshore air premium and air supreme because you can refasten them. I am not sure they are the softest though. I believe Molicare are really soft and they have cloth backed with hook and loop also. I would have tried those, but I like the full coverage in the back that Abena level 4 and Northshore have. I like my bottom padded all over😊

Topex said:
They're pretty expensive especially for not wetting them.

Also just a possibility @Bluebell742 that just came to mind, have you considered cloth diapers, maybe even an all-in-one? If so would recommend EcoAble

Yes! Though there’s not many cloth diapers around in the UK. Whenever I try to order them from abroad, it’s very very expensive.

Back