What are some of the best diapers ever made?

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What are some of the best diapers ever made in your opinion? This could be vintage, current, or recent. Choose both baby / toddler and adult sizes. One that comes to mind was when Luvs entered the market with their large size diapers. I believe this was the second generation of diapers for Luvs in the 80's. All while plastic design with leg gathers and waistband. Super thick for added absorbency. Adult size would be the Attends brand from the late 80's. These were modeled after Pampers from the same time frame. Just a lot larger with 6 tapes instead of 2. Soft white plastic and baby powder scent. Greatness!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 4.33.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 4.33.55 PM.png
    402.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 4.49.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 4.49.07 PM.png
    324.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Love
Reactions: 70sPampers, theancientmariner and BobbiSueEllen
Tykables is pretty much the gold standard for me

Reactions: DL0202
Agreed, Tykables does make a great modern day diaper.

Rearz Alpaca, followed by the Safari, for the plastic feel, which absorbs over a liter less. 9,560g on a safari, 9.5 liters of absorbency.
alpacas.jpg
The scale is in grams and was zeroed for the diaper and bucket. I always think its 12L but it's 11ish. 16L would be the ideal adult absorbency, scaled up from an exploding pamper absorbency from the early 2000s. 16L spread in a diaper would put even a dedicated tummy sleeper like me to the test of leaking. I use extra pads and wake up dry..

LuvsandPampers said:
What are some of the best diapers ever made in your opinion? This could be vintage, current, or recent. Choose both baby / toddler and adult sizes. One that comes to mind was when Luvs entered the market with their large size diapers. I believe this was the second generation of diapers for Luvs in the 80's. All while plastic design with leg gathers and waistband. Super thick for added absorbency. Adult size would be the Attends brand from the late 80's. These were modeled after Pampers from the same time frame. Just a lot larger with 6 tapes instead of 2. Soft white plastic and baby powder scent. Greatness!
Those 80’s Luvs were the sh!t. They weren’t available in Canada but I remember getting some at a 7/11 in Florida on a family vacation. I had to stash them in the trunk of our rental car under the floor near the spare tire. They didn’t fit as they were like tailored dress pants for someone 13 years younger than me but still awesome.

the 6 tape attends were a big favorite of mine and I remember being quite upset when they were no longer on the shelves. Got caught once by someone I worked with buying them at Walmart, and one time I kinda flirted with a girl my age who was looking for them on the shelf where they usually sold them.
Great diaper, miss that soft plastic.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Subtlerustle
nobody has come close to replicating that buttery smooth plastic on the old "blue" 3 tape attends

Reactions: Subtlerustle
Abena Slip X-PLUS and the iDSlip Exper Super PE Backed were 2 of my favs that have been ruined by their manufacturers.

Baby diapers: Pampers, all the way. The diamond-texture plastic, the way they had to get fanned out to put on, the thickness, that oh-so-perfect, heavenly "Sweet Dream 18" perfume smell...I was so, so lucky to have worn real Pampers diapers as a teen before they went hourglass. I taped them together just to fit me...and they did, perfectly. Thick, snug, warm, secure...and incredibly, sinfully soft, cushy & cuddly. No wonder they were called "Pampers": they sure pampered my teen-aged bottom!

3379689823_832b0f7350.jpg

Adult diapers: Attends, hands-down, from my first box in 1988 to PaperPak (the amazing P&G years). Just as wonderfully soft, cushy & cuddly as Pampers, especially when doubled. The look, the feel, the perfume smell, the frilly, snug leg gathers, everything. So very babyish for our size. And just as crinkly. They were the bang-for-buck adult diaper. I miss them...:cry:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: VintagePampers1990, 70sPampers, Kittyinpink and 1 other person
Aby said:
the 6 tape attends were a big favorite of mine and I remember being quite upset when they were no longer on the shelves. Got caught once by someone I worked with buying them at Walmart, and one time I kinda flirted with a girl my age who was looking for them on the shelf where they usually sold them.
Great diaper, miss that soft plastic.
The six tapes on these made the fit so great. I wore these for years until they changed so much that they were just unwearable. The last good version of the Attends Waistband diapers is when they had Attends written on the tapes and had the central absorbent core. The current version is just crap.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
The six tape 90s Attends were the best ones in their day. They looked closest to the thick all white baby diapers from the 80s. I got a few bags from Ebay in 2002 when they were still affordable to get on there. I was amazed at how much they resembled the All white baby diapers in the 80s with elastic gathers and shiny white crinkly plastic. I was in heaven putting those on because they were adult sized and like a baby diaper. I still have a few bags and will only occasionally put one on since they are no longer made and sell on Ebay for like 20 dollars for one diaper! So they were well made diapers back then. The more recent ones werent as good and now they dont even make plastic diapers anymore. I guess as far as well made ABDL all white diapers of today would be Mega max, Confidry and Bambino Biancos at least for me

Subtlerustle said:
Those 80’s Luvs were the sh!t. They weren’t available in Canada but I remember getting some at a 7/11 in Florida on a family vacation. I had to stash them in the trunk of our rental car under the floor near the spare tire. They didn’t fit as they were like tailored dress pants for someone 13 years younger than me but still awesome.
Luvs was available in Canada. They were made in the same plant that made Pampers.

Reactions: VintagePampers1990 and BobbiSueEllen
Another amazing diaper was the Huggies Supertrim XL diapers.

Reactions: Absorblock
Blues Clues Luvs with Bear Hug Stretch.

• Love
I think the best actual diaper I wore were Attends. But I haven’t wore an Attend in years.

• Love
Reactions: Subtlerustle and BobbiSueEllen
Simple Answer:
For Babys/Children: Pampers
For Adults: Better Dry
For ABDL Adults: Crinklz

The original Tena slip maxi plastic backed were a fantastic diaper and one of my personal favourites, I was lucky enough to wear them everynight in my late teens

Back