Wet the bed

Like so many others have already said, I wet my diaper and not the bed, of course leaks do happen, but rarely.

Reactions: Dry247 and Peepeegirl
To me, a bedwetter is someone who wets in their sleep, whether or not their bed actually gets wet. The OP later said that she was wearing a diaper, so I believe she agrees that a bedwetter is a sleep wetter.

I've found that it's hard to know sometimes whether I've wet in my sleep or not, especially if I wet before sleeping or if I woke up and wet my diaper without checking whether it was already wet. Last night, for example, I woke up and wet my diaper before doing more than feeling how swollen my diaper was. I thought that its bulk indicated that I wet in my sleep, but I couldn't be sure.

• Wow
Reactions: Diaperman95, Peepeegirl, Deleted member 77922 and 1 other person
SparkyDog said:
Nope. I wear a diaper to bed
bed is nice & dry
Your funny 😁 😂 u made me laugh

Reactions: Peepeegirl and SparkyDog
Soaked through my incontrol bedry night with a large NS booster, bed pad is in the washer now

• Wow
Reactions: Peepeegirl and gobphus
Peepeegirl said:
Raise your hand if wet the bed today?
Cause I did 🙌🏻
✋

Reactions: Peepeegirl
Lostdiapersboy said:
Your funny 😁 😂 u made me laugh
English is a funny thing
Wetting the bed = your bed is wet

SparkyDog said:
English is a funny thing
Wetting the bed = your bed is wet
"Are you still wetting the bed?" means "Are you still wetting in your sleep?" Just because someone wears diapers doesn't mean they aren't a bedwetter. It's just not as obvious as if they had soaked their sheets.

• Haha
Reactions: antoniorain789, Wetshisbed, Peepeegirl and 3 others
Just to add to the language discussion- I wet in my sleep and wear a nappy. My nappy is wet in the morning. I have always said I wet the bed.

• Wow
Reactions: diaperdude, Peepeegirl, Lostdiapersboy and 1 other person
I got into a big argument with a few people at the now-defunct Bedwetters University, a Discord site for which I wrote a leaderboard. One of the counts tracked was nights wetting the bed. Some people thought that included any wetting in bed, diapered or not, awake or asleep. I would have preferred to include falling asleep on the couch, then wetting while asleep; and not to include deliberately wetting while awake in bed, even if the actual bed got wet.

gobphus said:
"Are you still wetting the bed?" means "Are you still wetting in your sleep?" Just because someone wears diapers doesn't mean they aren't a bedwetter. It's just not as obvious as if they had soaked their sheets.
In fact, if that someone wears diapers in bed, it usually means that they're a bedwetter or at least ABDL.

• Wow
Reactions: Peepeegirl, Lostdiapersboy and chamberpot
Peepeegirl said:
I had a diaper too
nice, should have worn rubber pants also, always feel wierd when i wake up unexpected wet and the sheets qre wet.

gobphus said:
I'm confused due to the double negations:
"Just because someone wears diapers doesn't mean they aren't a bedwetter" should mean the same as:
"Just because someone wears diapers does mean they are a bedwetter"
but that interpreten is even worse...
I'm a Swede and not an English, but this is how I interpret:
"Just because someone wears diapers doesn't mean they are a bedwetter."
What am I getting wrong?

And finally,
Is Bedwetter then considered to be a person who is wetting while in bed (diapered or not), rather wetting the actual bed?

Had a soaked diaper and a soaked bedmat

gobphus said:
then perhaps it's time to say the correct term
do you still have nocturnal enuresis?

then there is no need to do any guessing or word play

• Thinking
Reactions: gobphus and Peepeegirl
Peepeegirl said:
Raise your hand if wet the bed today?
Cause I did 🙌🏻
I tried a cloth diaper and cover. What a mistake. All of my bedding including my pillow are in the washer. Not doing that again. Cloth is worthless.

I wanna get bedwetting trained

• Love
Reactions: LittleDiaperDreamer and Lostdiapersboy
I had a soaked diaper, but the bed remained dry.

Palle said:
I'm confused due to the double negations:
"Just because someone wears diapers doesn't mean they aren't a bedwetter" should mean the same as:
"Just because someone wears diapers does mean they are a bedwetter"
but that interpreten is even worse...
I'm a Swede and not an English, but this is how I interpret:
"Just because someone wears diapers doesn't mean they are a bedwetter."
What am I getting wrong?

And finally,
Is Bedwetter then considered to be a person who is wetting while in bed (diapered or not), rather wetting the actual bed?
Thanks for asking. I admire your courage in getting into a linguistic discussion when English isn't your native language. BTW welcome to NATO.

Someone has already suggested that we equate being a bedwetter with having nocturnal enuresis. According to Wikipedia, "Nocturnal enuresis (NE), also informally called bedwetting, is involuntary urination while asleep after the age at which bladder control usually begins." So bedwetting doesn't require that an actual bed be wet.

"Just because someone wears diapers doesn't mean they aren't a bedwetter" might be easier to agree with in the medical translation "Just because someone wears diapers doesn't mean they don't have nocturnal enuresis."

Double negatives do cause confusion. @Palle's question might be answered more clearly with Venn diagrams. But I'll try using a table. What can we conclude if we know someone wears diapers? Let's look at all possible combinations of wearing/not wearing diapers, wetting/not wetting an actual bed, and wetting/not wetting while sleeping.
  1. We assume someone wears diapers: the first four rows of the truth table below.
  2. Are there any cases in which they are a bedwetter among the first four rows?
  3. Yes: when they wet while sleeping (rows 1 and 3).
  4. Therefore, we can't conclude they aren't a bedwetter.

Wears diapersWets the actual bedWets while sleepingIs bedwetting (IMHO)
truetruetruetrue (diaper leaked?)
truetruefalsefalse (deliberate, diaper leaked)
truefalsetruetrue (accidental wetting)
truefalsefalsefalse (a good night)
falsetruetruetrue (classic case)
falsetruefalsefalse (deliberate soaking)
falsefalsetruetrue (slept on couch?)
falsefalsefalsefalse (no need for diaper)

• Love
Reactions: Peepeegirl and Palle
Peepeegirl said:
I had a diaper too
I've made the mistake of sitting down to watch hockey or something interesting while in between changes and unfortunately wound up passing out without a diaper on. I never seem to have any issues OR wake up until the bed gets COLD! Waking up in a COLD, WET bed HAS TO BE in the top 3 WORST WAYS to start the day! First I have to strip everything down to the mattress protector (that too needs to be washed though) and carry a huge "wad" of sopping wet, smelly piss soaked bedding material over to the washer. IF I have heavy blankets on because it is cold out OR (and more common) I am *REALLY* struggling, physically, (as in bad to indescribable PAIN) as then that equals 2 loads of wash because an overloaded washer gets NOTHING clean! I wait until the 2nd load is done before stuffing EVERYTHING (except "pricey" rubberized mattress protector (they ain't cheap and cheap ones are worthless!) and eventually put my bed back together and when it happens in the middle of the night, MAKE SURE I have a diaper on and PRAY I can fall back to sleep, ESPECIALLY when I have side work waiting for me (feast or famine and for the past 6 weeks I've been sending better than 50% of these jobs to 2 of my friends who are also TRUE professionals as I treat work done by someone I recommended *ALMOST* as important as work I personally did! The three of us work together and individually. ALL of us have 20-30+ years as TRUE PROFESSIONALS and these are 2 of the 6 different people I know who I would trust enough to allow them to repair MY car! I know HUNDREDS, actually, know/know of 1000s yet despite knowing/knowing of 1000+ mechanics/technicians (I WISH they'd make up their F****** mind WTF we're going to be referred to already!) and my reason for DESPISING doing all of this in the middle of the night is a good indication I am not going to hear my incredibly LOUD alarm clock that is no more than 8-12" from my head which means waking up late, confusing customers (though I almost exclusively have customers leave their vehicles with me the previous day or night so that I'm not working on an engine (and most other pats) that are SO HOT that even with professional gloves there is no tackling much of that job until everything cools.

WORSE THAN THAT, waking up in a cold, wet bed INFURIATES ME! I HATE (I wish I knew of a "stronger way to describe this level of hatred without vulgarity, but do not!) waking up MISERABLE, lying in cold sheets, blankets, bed etc.! The feeling is so revolting to me I cringe when I read about people who INTENTIONALLY wet their bed and worse than that the ones who WANT their bed, room, house to SMELL like stale piss! I'd sooner burn my fucking house down rather than live with THAT odor! It turns me off in every possible way imaginable as well as aggravates my preexisting medical issues,

UGH. massive cold front rolling in, has be clinging to sanity (pain wise) and tomorrow will be colder with possible snow. no real accumulations, but it's the "cold enough to snow" weather/weather change that is one hell of an accurate barometer of how well I will feel that day!

THANK GOD for diapers like Betterdry, Megamax, and many more that are too many to list as they generally do an excellent to infallible job "containing" the vast amounts of urine my body produces all night long! One of my medical problems no one has an explanation from is that that my body NEVER slows urine production and I believe I've been on every single med that is supposed to slow/limit/restrict urine production at night. Sadly, none have ever even come close to working though I honestly fought this issue for many years, PRAYING there was a way for me to regain continence while asleep but there has not been a medication that does that and works for me, period! Once my bedwetting and "sporadic U-IC during the day worsened, all hope of only wearing when I wanted to, for "fun" and "sex" I realized what the future held, which I knew would eventually lead to me needing diapers all day, Every day. Wearing "for fun" was OH so much more enjoyable THAN needing TO WEAR!

CptKirk

• Sad
Reactions: gobphus
I wear a diaper with a booster and plastic panties to bed. I usually wet my bed during the night sometimes I wake up a little and wet my diaper. I think in the 3 years and a few months that I have been wearing diapers and plastic pants to bed I may have wet the bed about 3 times, Then before I was wearing my diapers continually at night I was experimenting as to how much I wet, or did I wet and should I wear a Pull-Up or diaper and plastic panties. This was the beginning of my Incontinence. I was trying to figure out what to do and what to use or wear to keep from wetting the bed. That problem for now has been fixed with what I wear to bed now. I am wearing diapers and plastic pants 24/7.

Back