Wearing around family and friends.

ltaluv said:
I've told people at work several times to put on their big boy pants, and it never had anything to do with what they were wearing. 😄
how about after walking up the staircase behind a diaper wearer? Telling them to put on their big boy pants, then firing them the next day for some trivial technicality that won’t cause any legal issues?

Context matters. And in this context, my confidence in my interpretation of these events is at 100%.

Also, I bet you that I could spot your megamax easily. Maybe I’d miss it at a glance a few times but it’s obvious after it swells up.

I have a full size mirror floor to head height in my home office and I look at it often. I can assure you that 2 wettings in, your diaper isn’t discrete anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 62493
LePew said:
I really need to do a reality check here. I keep hearing this from abdl/ic people that nobody notices because nobody says anything. You are so, so wrong, so many people notice but of course they don’t say anything, of course they don’t care.

13 years ago I got the same advice from the dialydiapers forum that nobody notices because they don’t say anything. I dry wore abena m2 to work for a week. I was 100% noticed and fired for it. My professional network found out, it was bad.

Around that time I’m positive my parents noticed but didn’t say anything. They hinted later in life about it. Some of my friends I hung out around noticed. One of them kept bringing up topics of strange fetishes and passing the ball to me so to speak - like I absolutely knew that he knew and he was super thirsty for me to bring it up though I never did.

I have noticed many people wearing diapers in public. I promise you all, you’re not as discrete as you think you are. You think I walked up to those people and asked them why they’re wearing diapers or shamed them? Of course not! Trust me, people can tell. Maybe not at first glance like I can sometimes, but spend enough time around them or have them catch you at an unflattering angle and they will know.

Now a-days, I very rarely wear around friends and never around family. Not anymore. Of course I wear around my wife all the time but she knows I’m a DL and is cool with it.

I would hate for some young ABDL person to read all these posts and think they can get away with wearing diapers everywhere without getting noticed, have it ruin their life in a way they’re not ready to mentally cope with and move away to start a new life in a far away place like I did or worse. If you’re not prepared to get caught wearing diapers by the people you’re around then don’t wear diapers around them. Please take this seriously, especially if you’re young and aren’t ready for the potential fallout. If you’re IC, this obviously doesn’t apply to you, you have no choice.
Probably the most honest comment I've ever read on here. I wanted to type one myself until I saw this. I absolutely notice people wearing in public, sure most people prolly aren't looking for it. But in the realm of highly absorbant medical and abdl diapers, most incontinent people don't even wear these types, and due to their size they are extremely noticeable. You can see them, you can hear them (of course if there's background noise it's muffled and unlikely to be noticed), but in a quiet enough room, every step can be heard. I completely agree, a lot of the advice out there is extremely misleading. Everyone has the right to wear regardless of reason that being said, just know that if you are wearing the higher capacity diapers, and just cuz people aren't saying something, yes they are very noticeable. Thanks for leaving this comment, cuz it honestly gets irritating hearing people repeatedly say it's not noticeable. Most people that notice don't care even if they do, but yes it is noticeable

Reactions: Subtlerustle, LePew and padded1989
LePew said:
It was a small IT company where I was going to their business clients. I’m sure the boss thought it reflected poorly on him and his company to have a 26 year old IT professional going onsite in a diaper.
You could have easily sued for discrimination to be honest

Cloudhopper94 said:
You could have easily sued for discrimination to be honest
No, I couldn’t have. Boss would have denied everything and I’d have been out lawyer money and suffered an even more publically humiliating ordeal.

Reactions: Subtlerustle
LePew said:
No, I couldn’t have. Boss would have denied everything and I’d have been out lawyer money and suffered an even more publically humiliating ordeal.
Ah I didn't notice until I read on that it was under a technicality of being late. That is the crappy thing like you said, a boss isn't going to put down the real reason you're being fired if it could cause a lawsuit. I was assuming he had wrote about the diaper in the termination, in that case any lawyer in the world would take the case on and win. But if he just made up another reason then there's not much you can do without evidence

I keep shy and secret about them but do wear them with others around some what often lately

Don’t. Just don’t. If it’s a legit medical reason that’s one thing. If it’s an uncontrollable compulsion, for whatever reason, that’s a problem. Just sayin’

I guess an update to the original post is due. A lot has changed since I made it.

I have told my parents, siblings and three of my closest friends. My friends all took it very well, I couldn’t have asked for a better outcome. My parents on the other hand was a little stressful. My mom said she they don’t care about it, think it’s weird and don’t want to talk about it.

My dad and I haven’t spoken about it since the night he found out. My mom hasn’t spoken about it, but she has referred to them a couple times. On a visit to see us, she smacked my butt and gave me a hug. She’s happy that I’m happy.

On a visit to their house, I noticed my mom put a larger garbage can and scented garbage bags in place for me. Normally, it was a small can with plastic grocery bags as liners.

My sisters don’t want to talk about them because they think it’s a sexual kink, which I assured them that it’s not. My brother said he could care less what underwear I was wearing.

Nobody has acted differently around me even though I’m wearing a diaper. I don’t flaunt it, keep it covered and only wear cloth backed around them.

Reactions: Babybub, Subtlerustle and Deleted member 62493
I wear many times among people as well as by work. No one noticed yet.

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
windl2024 said:
I wear many times among people as well as by work. No one noticed yet.
I’m kinda the same way. Nobody notices.

I just ware diaper only round my mom and she cool with it nice to just be a kid ware diaper only in home

BabyHailey1977 said:
Thanks for the info. I’m sure I’m making a big deal out of it for no reason. But I do have a feeling my mom thinks I wear diapers. But who knows. I really don’t mind if she knows, it’s my dad that I’m worried about.

I really don’t care if people know I’m wearing a diaper. It’s a conversation that might never happen. I got coffee the other day after working a 14 hour grace shift. She asked my how I was, and without thinking I said I was tired, going to change my diaper and go to bed. For a split second I was embarrassed.
Your mom love u so much

BabyHailey1977 said:
I’m kinda the same way. Nobody notices.
I honestly think unless I walked down the street wearing nothing but a nappy and plastic pants no one would notice. I think we all worry to much about being noticed in nappies. I wear bulky nappies and plastic pants all the time now and no one had ever commented. My wife used to spare my feelings and tell me no one can see your nappies. Eventually she admitted it is quite obvious if you look but then she knows I am wearing them. Frankly I just don't care who knows now.

Reactions: Sidewinder and Babybub
I always wear around family and friends. For me that is the only option. Also my parents and sister know of my condition as well as my closest friends. But noone else. It has never been a problem or has been noticed by others despite I wear thick, absorbent products. Just choosing the clothing appropiatley fixes this easy for me. For example I don't want my grandparents to know since my grandmother will be very concerned and devout lots of her time to find a solution that cannot be found. I wanna spare her the stress she WILL put herself in. She is very kind-hearted and caring.

Cheers

Wetshisbed said:
I honestly think unless I walked down the street wearing nothing but a nappy and plastic pants no one would notice. I think we all worry to much about being noticed in nappies. I wear bulky nappies and plastic pants all the time now and no one had ever commented. My wife used to spare my feelings and tell me no one can see your nappies. Eventually she admitted it is quite obvious if you look but then she knows I am wearing them. Frankly I just don't care who knows now.
Agree. Only my wife can notice when I am wearing.

I wear diapers and plastic pants around my family and friends. I'm a DL and have been most of my life, at least since my mid teens. I was a bedwetter until nearly 18 and wore diapers and rubber pants at night and sometime during the day when we went away for a while like longer car trips, or to the movies, church, relatives and the like. My family knew of course so wearing diapers around them was normal, even my grandparents and cousins knew and had seen me wearing diapers many times. So in some sense, I was comfortable wearing diapers around others, even though I knew I was different from my friends because none of them had to wear diapers. But once my bedwetting stopped, andI didn't need to wear diapers any more, I realized I still wanted them, and ended up wearing diapers when I was home from college for the next few years until I finished my education and left home for good. My mother and sister all knew I was still wearing diapers, my mother was very understanding and supportive knowing how dependent I was emotionally on wearing diapers. All this to say I had worn diapers openly with my family most of my life although I clearly knew my desire for diapers was abnormal and not really acceptable to most folks. Once I left the safety and security of home and lived on my own, started my career, I wore diapers occasionally, usually weekends, sometime to bed, but always secretly. I did wear diapers around other people, including some who became friends, but none knew about the DL side of me. Over the years, I did tell a few women I dated that I enjoyed wearing diapers and liked diaper play, but these relationships never lasted. I was unable to meet a woman who was interested enough in me give me a chance, prove I wasn't a pervert or sicko or an immature and irresponsible child who couldn't put away childish things and be an adult(this is more or less a summation of what girls said to me after they learned I liked to wear diapers, liked to wet myself, like to have sexual experiences that involved diapers).

16 years ago I met my wife, eventually told her all about my life wearing diapers, she agreed to give me a chance and the rest is history. Much to my delight, she has been supportive, even enabling. I let her know from the beginning that I was tired of hiding my diaper wearing, tired of the old binge and purge behavior, and had been wearing diapers full time for a year or more before we first met. This is my wife's second marriage, she had a child from her first marriage. The two of them moved in with me roughly 12 years ago. I have worn diapers and rubber pants, the same cloth diapers I've been wearing for decades, full time around them. My wife and I sleep together, and she insists I'm diapered, pins them on herself. Our daughter who is now in college has seen me diapered many times. My mother in law knows and has even changed me a few times. And yes, we have a few friends who my wife has told that I wear diapers, not for medical reasons, but more for emotional comfort and security..

Reactions: Subtlerustle, BabyHailey1977 and LePew
I have been wearing at my new job and it’s too soon to tell if anyone has noticed. Nobody has said anything, but I am taking a backpack into the restroom to change. I’m sure they have noticed that.

Back