Wearing around family and friends.

chamberpot said:
wearing a diaper around others is sort of carrying a concealed firearm, no one ever knows, loose clothes don't print.
Good analogy.

Reactions: Diaperman95, DLWee, chamberpot and 1 other person
LePew said:
I really need to do a reality check here. I keep hearing this from abdl/ic people that nobody notices because nobody says anything. You are so, so wrong, so many people notice but of course they don’t say anything, of course they don’t care.

13 years ago I got the same advice from the dialydiapers forum that nobody notices because they don’t say anything. I dry wore abena m2 to work for a week. I was 100% noticed and fired for it. My professional network found out, it was bad.

Around that time I’m positive my parents noticed but didn’t say anything. They hinted later in life about it. Some of my friends I hung out around noticed. One of them kept bringing up topics of strange fetishes and passing the ball to me so to speak - like I absolutely knew that he knew and he was super thirsty for me to bring it up though I never did.

I have noticed many people wearing diapers in public. I promise you all, you’re not as discrete as you think you are. You think I walked up to those people and asked them why they’re wearing diapers or shamed them? Of course not! Trust me, people can tell. Maybe not at first glance like I can sometimes, but spend enough time around them or have them catch you at an unflattering angle and they will know.

Now a-days, I very rarely wear around friends and never around family. Not anymore. Of course I wear around my wife all the time but she knows I’m a DL and is cool with it.

I would hate for some young ABDL person to read all these posts and think they can get away with wearing diapers everywhere without getting noticed, have it ruin their life in a way they’re not ready to mentally cope with and move away to start a new life in a far away place like I did or worse. If you’re not prepared to get caught wearing diapers by the people you’re around then don’t wear diapers around them. Please take this seriously, especially if you’re young and aren’t ready for the potential fallout. If you’re IC, this obviously doesn’t apply to you, you have no choice.
Thank you for this LePew, and I'm so sorry. What happened to you was very nasty and should not have happened to you at all. I've never come across an Abena M2 so I don't know the precise nature of your diaper. Your conclusion is absolutely spot-on. There is always a risk of being caught out and especially if you are in a situation where it would be very inconvenient to be caught you need to exercise care.
I'm much more prone to wearing out and about in the winter months where I can cover up with more clothing, that's certain. I only wear thin medical grade nappies or pull-ups if I'm around people that know me.

Reactions: Deleted member 62493, PadPhilosopher, Babybub and 2 others
Babybub said:
It sounds like the place you were fired from is not a good place to work. No work place should fire you for wearing a diaper.
I guess it might depend on whether they have a rule to disclose a disability.

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Richard101 said:
I guess it might depend on whether they have a rule to disclose a disability.
True. However, you would think the employer would have some understanding, especially if work is not affected etc.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and LittleEllsOAB
Babybub said:
True. However, you would think the employer would have some understanding, especially if work is not affected etc.
It was a small IT company where I was going to their business clients. I’m sure the boss thought it reflected poorly on him and his company to have a 26 year old IT professional going onsite in a diaper.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I live with my Daddy and I wear openly around him all the time- he’s ok with it, so it’s fine :3 But, I also work with his parents and they don’t know, so I stick with a more discreet diaper like the BetterDry or Crinklz diaper. I do not mess my diapers when I’m near people though, if I have to mess, I go to the bathroom, do my thing, and immediately clean up and change into a new diaper. I also like to make sure my pants are high waisted as I noticed it helps with hiding some crinkle sounds without the added bulkiness of diaper covers and my shirts are long enough to cover most of my diaper area. And so far I haven’t had anyone notice or comment.

Being diapered helps me feel more calm and safe, especially in public, it helps with my anxiety- I want to be clear that I don’t wear in public because I want to get off by offending people with my diapers by showing them off or anything

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
BabyHailey1977 said:
I just read a comment from another discussion that got me thinking. Who in here wears diapers around family and friends who do not know?

My parents visited the other day and I was too afraid to wear a diaper, so I wore a pull-up instead.

I want to transition to pretty much wearing all the time, so I will eventually have to wear around all of them. Does anyone have any personal experience with this?
@BabyHailey1977

Would it bother you if someone discovered you were wearing diapers, naturally considered you wear for a medical condition and never raised the subject with you?

That’s the reality!

As others have alluded to already, it’s naive to believe that nobody will suspect or discover.

- When you have to beat everyone in the family to the washing machine/drier to recover your onesie T-Shirt with giveaway snaps. Or that training pant/diaper cover for nighttime use.
- When you make your excuse at the restaurant table to go to the restroom with your laptop bag (change diaper) and they say leave your bag here we’ll
look after it.
- When you have to make fake trips to the bathroom so as not to attract suspicion.
- When you have to make perfect wardrobe choices so as not to reveal the bulk/profile of your diaper
- When you have to avoid bending down or reaching up to that shelf in the Super Market that might reveal your diaper.
- When you have to hide your stash of diapers where it’s not easily discovered. I mean my delivery of diapers comes in 15 x packs of 24, not the easiest to hide from family members or house cleaners.
- When you try to dampen the crinkling/rustling of your diaper/diaper cover.
- When you need to discreetly dispose of used diapers
- When you need to explain you just felt like changing your clothes (following a leak)
- When you have to wash your bedding after it’s only just been washed
- The list goes on 😂………

I actively employ techniques so as not to draw attention but inevitably get caught out.

You can be sure you’ll be caught out.

You can be sure nobody will say anything to you.

You can be sure nobody will think DL/ABDL unless you give them good reason to. The question is whether you would be bothered if people suspect you have IC issues.

So if you have the ability to pick and choose when you embrace the lifestyle, do so or get caught out😂

That would be my pennies worth.
Good luck

Reactions: Deleted member 62493, Constantlydamp and LePew
247 said:
@BabyHailey1977
Would it bother you if someone discovered you were wearing diapers, naturally considered you wear for a medical condition and never raised the subject with you?

That’s the reality!

As others have alluded to already, it’s naive to believe that nobody will suspect or discover.
You can be sure you’ll be caught out.

You can be sure nobody will say anything to you.
IF your personality is such that you would consider suicide if discovered, then you should definitely not take chances of being discovered (all IC aside). As others have said, don't assume you can keep the secret.

It's a poker game out there in public. Not everyone is going to show you their hand!

Reactions: Deleted member 62493 and Sidewinder
LePew said:
I really need to do a reality check here. I keep hearing this from abdl/ic people that nobody notices because nobody says anything. You are so, so wrong, so many people notice but of course they don’t say anything, of course they don’t care.

13 years ago I got the same advice from the dialydiapers forum that nobody notices because they don’t say anything. I dry wore abena m2 to work for a week. I was 100% noticed and fired for it. My professional network found out, it was bad.

Around that time I’m positive my parents noticed but didn’t say anything. They hinted later in life about it. Some of my friends I hung out around noticed. One of them kept bringing up topics of strange fetishes and passing the ball to me so to speak - like I absolutely knew that he knew and he was super thirsty for me to bring it up though I never did.

I have noticed many people wearing diapers in public. I promise you all, you’re not as discrete as you think you are. You think I walked up to those people and asked them why they’re wearing diapers or shamed them? Of course not! Trust me, people can tell. Maybe not at first glance like I can sometimes, but spend enough time around them or have them catch you at an unflattering angle and they will know.

Now a-days, I very rarely wear around friends and never around family. Not anymore. Of course I wear around my wife all the time but she knows I’m a DL and is cool with it.

I would hate for some young ABDL person to read all these posts and think they can get away with wearing diapers everywhere without getting noticed, have it ruin their life in a way they’re not ready to mentally cope with and move away to start a new life in a far away place like I did or worse. If you’re not prepared to get caught wearing diapers by the people you’re around then don’t wear diapers around them. Please take this seriously, especially if you’re young and aren’t ready for the potential fallout. If you’re IC, this obviously doesn’t apply to you, you have no choice.
You were fired for wearing a diaper? The does not seem right, unless you were flaunting it.

• Love
Reactions: SoggyRunner and Diaperman95
barkd74 said:
You were fired for wearing a diaper? The does not seem right, unless you were flaunting it.
OF course I wasn't flaunting it, I was dry-wearing an extremely thin discrete diaper under compression underwear. Not right? maybe not if I was in medical need of it but he probably assumed I was not being that I was 26 years old at the time.

Let's look at things from his perspective, you're the owner of a managed IT services company that does remote and on-site support for small and medium size businesses. Your on-site it professional is going to these companies to render some very expensive services and is representing your brand. There's a lot of options out there for managed IT, a lot of competition. So here's this young and healthy IT person you've hired to go on-site and represent your company and you just discovered he's wearing diapers. WTF right? Why would you want this weirdo working for you? Maybe there's a legit reason for it or maybe he's a fetishist but it's not like your going to get the opportunity to explain this to your clients. The best strategic options for the well being of your business is to fire this weirdo on some technicality and prevent any more damage from being done to your company's reputation.

That's how the real world works. You really think some company is going to want some healthy young professional going to their clients and representing them in a diaper? That's crazy.

ltaluv said:
Continent DLs are an endless source of both wonder and amusement for those of us who are incontinent. I get why it seems like a big deal to wear around family, or wear to work, or whatever, but some people end up making a big deal out of tiny little things.

I wear high-absorbency diapers that are fairly thick, and when then they're so unnoticeable that nobody has ever given any indication that they've noticed. Also, consider that something like 5% of the population is incontinent, and many of those people wear diapers. Have you ever, even once, noticed somebody in public wearing a diaper? Considering that close to one in twenty people are wearing, if diapers were that noticeable, you'd see them all the time - and yet you don't. This is because they're nearly impossible to see under clothes.

Try this: go out in a public place, and count the people you see. Every time your count reaches thirty, odds are high that at least one of those people is wearing a padding of one sort or another. Every time your count reaches fifty, odds are that one of those people is wearing a full-on adult diaper. How many of those people did you spot wearing a diaper? How many did you hear diapers crinkling on? Unless they've made colossally bad wardrobe choices or are purposely trying to show off their diaper, the answer is going to be that you didn't see or hear any of them.

Seriously, diapers aren't as obvious as you think. Unless your mom is starting at your crotch or butt, and already suspects that you might be diapered, she's never going to notice.
well said. I would like to add to this by saying the 5% you mentioned is based on the number of people who have the guts to tell their doctor. How many buy product and never say nothing to their doctor out of fear of judgement? Especially younger people and men. It is likely 10-15% and about two or 3 times as likely for females. Including his mom.

The majority of the people I know do not know nor suspect. I wear a mega max everyday and have for the last 6 years and I used abena and other brands for about thirty years now. The few people that do know only do because I felt enough trust to bring them into my circle. I bowl on 3 different leagues a week all with 47 other bowlers and no one has never asked me if I am diapered. Most people besides a few high school kids realize it is a real condition and do not want to make us feel anymore ashamed or embarrassed about it by asking. Not that I am ashamed or should be. If someone suspects you are wearing are going to assume it is a medical condition and keep their moths shut.. unless you have on printed AB diapers and thin see through revealing clothing. If so you tottaly asked for that shit. Do you walk up to strangers in a wheelchair and say.. Oh cute chair are you really handicap or do you just like wheelchairs? I mean people have a huge fetish for using wheelchairs and other medical devices such as cast, braces catheters and so on for fun. Would you approach them? The fact is most of us that truly wear 24/7 do not have a choice and what other people think is one of the first obstacle's we must over come, when loosing bladder or bowel control. If you choose to live this life out of desire you had best get some thick skin.

Reactions: Ortler, BBBen, Constantlydamp and 1 other person
LePew said:

Don't take this the wrong way but are you 100% sure it was because you was wearing a diaper? This smells pretty high up the BS meter as someone that has used diaper my entire life. Now if you intentionally showing them and or wearing baby print and drinking from a bottle on your lunch break maybe. Anyone with a brain would be stupid to fire someone for such reason as it opens them to a huge disability lawsuit. It is a proven fact that not only old people are incontinent anyone of either ex at any age could have special needs. Now if you are going out on jobs to peoples homes and businesses and leaving dirty diapers laying in the floor or something improper. How do you know your friends was not just cutting up asking about medical or weird fetishes? I have been around a bunch of dumb people mostly guys that do that or say shit like " Man if I ever had to wear a diaper I would hang myself". No they wouldn't they would put on a diaper and live life or put on a diaper and hide in their home because they are to worried what the hell others think. I tell them just that too when they speak dumb words and still will not say that I wear them. Sure it crosses my mind that one of them might think i am wearing diaper but the truth is it does not matter nor do I care. I mean sure I highly advise folks from wearing AB print diapers to work or the doctor or hospital or using binkies and other thigs that scream ABDL, but incontinence is 100% a real thing and as long as you are not advertising being a Adult baby no really does care. The ones that do notice are not going to say shit, unless they are 10 years old or an asshole. I notice others in diapers sometimes but only because I know what to loo for and I started doing it about 20 years ago just to feel better about a less confident me. Only It is habit now. Now I not 10 nor a asshole so I dope not say nothing. You notice because you wear diapers and want to know more people do the same. But the fact is people that do not wear diaper never think about it. People can and do very much o wear diapers without others knowing, It is the matter of picking out the wardrobe and diaper

Reactions: TheGazelle and Deleted member 62493
Diaperman95 said:
Don't take this the wrong way but are you 100% sure it was because you was wearing a diaper? This smells pretty high up the BS meter as someone that has used diaper my entire life. Now if you intentionally showing them and or wearing baby print and drinking from a bottle on your lunch break maybe. Anyone with a brain would be stupid to fire someone for such reason as it opens them to a huge disability lawsuit. It is a proven fact that not only old people are incontinent anyone of either ex at any age could have special needs. Now if you are going out on jobs to peoples homes and businesses and leaving dirty diapers laying in the floor or something improper. How do you know your friends was not just cutting up asking about medical or weird fetishes? I have been around a bunch of dumb people mostly guys that do that or say shit like " Man if I ever had to wear a diaper I would hang myself". No they wouldn't they would put on a diaper and live life or put on a diaper and hide in their home because they are to worried what the hell others think. I tell them just that too when they speak dumb words and still will not say that I wear them. Sure it crosses my mind that one of them might think i am wearing diaper but the truth is it does not matter nor do I care. I mean sure I highly advise folks from wearing AB print diapers to work or the doctor or hospital or using binkies and other thigs that scream ABDL, but incontinence is 100% a real thing and as long as you are not advertising being a Adult baby no really does care. The ones that do notice are not going to say shit, unless they are 10 years old or an asshole. I notice others in diapers sometimes but only because I know what to loo for and I started doing it about 20 years ago just to feel better about a less confident me. Only It is habit now. Now I not 10 nor a asshole so I dope not say nothing. You notice because you wear diapers and want to know more people do the same. But the fact is people that do not wear diaper never think about it. People can and do very much o wear diapers without others knowing, It is the matter of picking out the wardrobe and diaper
I've told this full story before many times, you've read it, replied to it, and didn't pull out your BS meter then so why now?
To refresh your memory - I walked up the stairs at work and my boss walked behind me. I tried to avoid that, asked him to go ahead but he "insisted". Top of the staircase he told me to "wear your big boy pants to work". Got fired the next day for "being late". Do you really think people get fired for the 'real' reasons all the time rather than on some other technicality? Please don't give me some BS about leaving dirty diapers around clients, you've read my posts on here, I'm not some disgusting creature.

As for the rest of your reply, I know what I'm doing and I know how to read people. Kinda pissed off to have my experiences marginalized and called BS on.

Last edited:
I wear around my family (who knows nothing about me wearing diapers) pretty all the time. But I tend to stay in my room for a longer time, because I'm afraid of getting caught. Nevertheless I often go to the living room, to the kitchen to make some tee or to eat breakfast sitting next to the family member.

chamberpot said:
wearing a diaper around others is sort of carrying a concealed firearm , no one ever knows, loose clothes don't print
I wear a MM daily with a 9mm HK vp9sk in the waistband between my jeans and my diaper daily.

Reactions: chamberpot
LePew said:
Top of the staircase he told me to "wear your big boy pants to work". Got fired the next day for "being late".
That sounds like a sexual harassment case to me. M2's are as thin as paper... Did this guy like go-go gadget telescope and look for the ant sized silhouette around your butt? I'd have been like... "So what you're saying, you're staring essentially at my butthole and trying to tell me what kind of underwear I have to wear with no company policy to back you up and you think I don't have a problem with that?"

I was doing the same kind of work wearing M2's and M4's. Especially if I bent over, there'd be no hiding the diaper printing through my pants around my butt. I think a couple of customers might have noticed and maybe even my bosses, but no one ever said anything. It's impossible to know what they knew, but it was never a problem and I probably went to over 100 different customers with a diaper on. Like I said, there was no company policy, so they had no leg to stand on to do anything anyway.

Diaperman95 said:
I wear a MM daily with a 9mm HK vp9sk in the waistband between my jeans and my diaper daily.
357 Single Action Army appendix carry!

LePew said:
I've told this full story before many times, you've read it, replied to it, and didn't pull out your BS meter then so why now?
To refresh your memory - I walked up the stairs at work and my boss walked behind me. I tried to avoid that, asked him to go ahead but he "insisted". Top of the staircase he told me to "wear your big boy pants to work". Got fired the next day for "being late". Do you really think people get fired for the 'real' reasons all the time rather than on some other technicality? Please don't give me some BS about leaving dirty diapers around clients, you've read my posts on here, I'm not some disgusting creature.

As for the rest of your reply, I know what I'm doing and I know how to read people. Kinda pissed off to have my experiences marginalized and called BS on.
My apology I do not remember as I have horrible memory issues. I was not accusing you of leaving dirty diapers lying around I was simply saying outside of doing something like that.. why would they fire you over a diaper. People sue for wrongful firing all the time. I use to be a transportation manager over 50 plus drivers. I personally got sued along with my company for firing a asshole that liked to cheat his time card and pad hours. He happened to be black so there for I must be a racist. Right? So the ACLU sued the the both of us. Of course the company I worked for provided me a lawyer and it was dropped as soon as they seen I had documented everything and had several other people working for me not white that loved me and felt me to be a fair person. The ACLU is some freaking bullshit that does not even investigate the story they are given before suing. They ca kiss my ass! So yes some employers are assholes like that but most give people more chances than they deserve and would never do something so dumb. So if this happened to you I can assure you it does not happen every day like you say. Nor does people notice that easy. I have people go up stairs behind me a bunch f times. Was the top maybe showing. No that it would give him the right to fire you.
I really do apologies for not remembering the story and for using the words BS meter. I just do not believe it is an issue that most of us have to live with that wear diapers. Not unless people are reveling them in public or acting like a wierdo. We had all kinds of classes we had to attend on what you could and could not say to people and that you had too document everything as to why you shit can a person. Most companies do not like being sued for wrongful termination. Especially when it is over a disability. Sad that this happened to you but in realty it just not how it goes in the cooperate world for most companies wanting to keep out of court and payoffs. Small mom and pop companies maybe.
To be honest the discouraging people to wear diapers that they will get found out and it will ruin their life bothered me. But then to say but if you are incontinent it is different. But if you are using medical diapers incontinent or not and you are not wearing revealing clothes what the difference? To me it is sounding like if you wear diapers you are going to ruin your life and that is pretty damn discouraging for incontinent folks on here to hear. How is some one going to think you are a freak just because you have to wear diapers. Keep in mind we have a lot of incontinent members on here. Maybe I could of worded it better without a doubt. but this is what I got out of your message. If you wear diapers people are going to know and they are going to thin you are a freak and fire you. But yet you still are wearing diapers and here.
My apologies I did not mean to offend. I do have some bad neurological issues affecting my memory as well as my body. I can remember things from 20 years ago easy but shit from last year or a month ago it is very spotty at best.

LePew said:
Top of the staircase he told me to "wear your big boy pants to work". Got fired the next day for "being late". Do you really think people get fired for the 'real' reasons all the time rather than on some other technicality?
I've told people at work several times to put on their big boy pants, and it never had anything to do with what they were wearing. 😄

As far as spotting a diaper, I'd bet my next paycheck that nobody could spot my Megamax under the pants I wear, unless I ripped my pants or left my fly open. If you're specifically looking for diapers, you'll probably spot more of them than the general public would - but I seriously doubt you could see mine, or those of other people who put a modicum of thought into what they wear.

RedPandaDL said:
I get the sense that IDD wishes everyone knew he wears and would be okay with it. He is not sure if he should hide it or just tell everyone. That is my take on it.

I personally don’t get the attraction of wearing 24/7 in every situation. I think it would loose it’s appeal and just add undue stress.

I've been "back in diapers" for several years now, and wouldn't change a thing. I'm "living the dream", literally. I wear thin diapers to work for comfort and discretion, thick diapers for overnight, and more average diapers the rest of he time. While at work I can look forward to changing into something thicker when I get home, and I always enjoy changing into a premium for bedtime.

Now with having gotten used to being diapered 24/7, I can go for hours or sometimes even the entire workday without even a passing thought to my diaper, but there are still times when I notice my padding or crinkle, and can smile a little inside, knowing I'm wearing a diaper. It always improves my mood.

For me, after years of being back in diapers, I think I can confidently say I will never get tired of it or have any regrets.

Livin' the dream!

Last edited:
Reactions: Babybub and Subtlerustle
Back