Using the whole diaper?

PearlandDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I had a question that maybe everyone else already knows but I'm having a tough time trying to find that answer. How do you use the whole diaper? Like how do you wet the front and back? They seem to have a rating which I assume is for the entire diaper but what I've noticed is that if I'm standing then I wet the middle, and if I'm sitting then I wet the front. The back is always dry. Is there a better way than feeling for when the front is filled and going to the restroom to turn it around to use the dry side? Turning it around kind of works but it doesn't fit right and bulges a lot in the front plus isn't very convenient to have to switch around. Having to be on the lookout for half the diaper being filled seems weird. There must be a better way.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, Edgewater, littledreamers333 and 2 others
If you pee a lot at once it will flow to the back more.

Reactions: Sidewinder, Canadianfalls, Edgewater and 2 others
Cloth diapers work better for that than disposable ones, because they wick better than the paper-based padding; I can saturate a cloth one and it will only leak if I go beyond that. I find that sitting down in most disposables forms a dam and most of it goes to the front. Lying down works somewhat better.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Ranma, Edgewater and 5 others
The only time I’m able to use the whole thing is by laying down. On my stomach while sleeping works for the front. On the back works for the back. Other than that, it all collects in the middle and sags.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, Ranma, DLPeakOut and 4 others
Diaper yoga. I made a condom with a piece of tubing once that more or less put the fluid starting at the back and it eventually worked its way forward. It worked OK ish

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Canadianfalls, Hemix and 2 others
oldpppants said:
Cloth diapers work better for that than disposable ones, because they wick better than the paper-based padding; I can saturate a cloth one and it will only leak if I go beyond that. I find that sitting down in most disposables forms a dam and most of it goes to the front. Lying down works somewhat better.
I remember how my cloth diapers would sometimes leak above the back of the waistband of my plastic pants. Yes, they wicked moisture very well.

Reactions: Edgewater, PearlandDL and Trucker7
Nope I Change every 4-5 hours
I don't need to use the whole diaper
better for your skin to change frequently

Reactions: EcoIncon, LittleRorie, Edgewater and 3 others
I sometimes use a cloth baby diaper folded as a booster and it spreads the flow better towards the back. I know that the idea of using cloth in a disposable may be odd, but they aren't too expensive so if you don't have the ability to wash them you could just pitch them. Don't forget though that many people use cloth baby diapers a dust rags and are very good for sopping up spills. So if someone asks why you have them and are washing the you can just say they make good clean up rags. Also they are small enough that with a little soap and water you could even hand wash them and hang them up in your bathroom to dry.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, PearlandDL, Edgewater and 2 others
I try to get the most usage out of my diapers by doing diaper yoga. When I first wet a high-capacity diaper, I lean forward, butt out, to start at the front. I do that a few times, and when that is getting full (which I can tell by the yellow starting to show from the outside), I pee standing straight up for the middle section. I might lean slightly back to distribute it back, but I find there isn't quite as much padding back there and I often go sit down after so filling the back makes me more prone to press-out leaks (which I catch on a reusable absorbent mat). If I really want to reach the very front and very back, then to bed I go. Doggy position to get the high front and laying down to get the back. But these 2 regions are risky since they tend to have less SAP and are near the ends where they can leak out, so I only do these on top of again an absorbent mat.

Once I take off my diaper, even if it's not completely yellow from front to back, I am still satisfied with how well I've used my diaper since I know how disastrous of a leak can happen trying to get those last few inches up the back (big enough even to exceed the borders of the absorbent mat).

Reactions: Canadianfalls, PearlandDL, DLPeakOut and 1 other person
that sounds like a ton of work to use a diaper to it's fullest
seems like it be easier to just change after couple wettings

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and ianwee
SparkyDog said:
I really don't like to waste. It also started back when it was harder for me to get ABDL diapers, or even any diapers at all, so every diaper was precious to be used to the max. Besides, I like all the feelings from wearing the diaper, from putting it on to when it is very full, so a full diaper is also physically satisfying.

Reactions: Sidewinder, PearlandDL and wetnights
well hey I guess if your skin handles being wet for long periods that works
mine does not
I change frequently
but im also not spending top dollar on abdl diapers either

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Edgewater, Lethdale and 2 others
PearlandDL said:
I had a question that maybe everyone else already knows but I'm having a tough time trying to find that answer. How do you use the whole diaper? Like how do you wet the front and back? They seem to have a rating which I assume is for the entire diaper but what I've noticed is that if I'm standing then I wet the middle, and if I'm sitting then I wet the front. The back is always dry. Is there a better way than feeling for when the front is filled and going to the restroom to turn it around to use the dry side? Turning it around kind of works but it doesn't fit right and bulges a lot in the front plus isn't very convenient to have to switch around. Having to be on the lookout for half the diaper being filled seems weird. There must be a better way.
You can always lie down in your bed or on the floor or in a reclining chair and raise your hips up with your feet flat on the bed or whatever and raise your pelvis up and the pee will flow down the back. Keep on doing that if your at home. Plus if you really want to fill up your diaper to the max, you need to be wearing a diaper 24/7. I'm not just incontinent, but I'm ABDL as well and I always wear diapers at work and in public (dressed of course). The more you wear for a long period of time the more they fill up. Since I'm a male. If my front is wet and semi full then that's when I do the laying down or sitting and put my pelvis up. Plus I also place my hand where my penis is on my clothes (or diaper if I'm only in my diaper) and when I start to pee, I slide my hand from where I feel the pee coming and slide my hand down towards my butt area and that helps to distribute the pee into the back area of my diaper. I always drink liquids to help me pee more. Once my diaper is full, I like to stay in it for hours. But when I feel it leaking out of my latex rubber diaper cover then I change my diaper. The latex rubber diaper covers I buy online and it helps with leaking. I also make sure that I am poopy too before wasting my diaper. Just some tips.

Reactions: PearlandDL and DIAPERBOY920
I usually position my penis down toward the back so I can use the back and bottom portion. Once I get those wet, then I move my penis to upward position to use the front. Sometimes I’ll even lay down to use the back portion even more. The feeling of urine tricking down your butt crack feels good.

Reactions: Sidewinder, Kayleigh, DIAPERBOY920 and 7 others
Late in the evening when my bladder starts kicking off I will use a folded microfibre cloth 700 x 500 and lay that front to back and then put on my disposable, that microfibre cloth will wick so well that I don't have to change halfway through the evening, only downside is your trash bag will weigh a ton😁
Whilst it increases my laundry need it is also economising on my use of disposable Nappies.
I have tried normal cotton towelling as wicking but I am pretty sure microfibre just has the edge over cotton.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, PearlandDL and ianwee
SparkyDog said:
Yes, it DOES sound like a lot of work BUT it also sounds like a fun exercise for Tiger DL-- perhaps we could call it a diaper game.

• Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and PearlandDL
i've heard of diaper yoga to get it fully soaked but i just pee standing up and then if its starting to fill down the bottom bit, i just take the diaper off and tilt it a bit so the excess pee gets to the top and bottom bits

• Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, PearlandDL and wetnights
nedkelly said:
i've heard of diaper yoga to get it fully soaked but i just pee standing up and then if its starting to fill down the bottom bit, i just take the diaper off and tilt it a bit so the excess pee gets to the top and bottom bits
I've never heard of "diaper yoga," before.

Reactions: PearlandDL
nedkelly said:
Sounds like a lot of work.

Being totally UIC I have to wear diapers 24/7. Granted I mostly wear cloth due to the cost savings. However when I wear disposables I put a cloth diaper in as a booster and will be able to use the disposable pretty close to 100% due to the wicking ability of cloth. I hope this helps.

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Tigercub59, PearlandDL and 1 other person
Back