using plastic pants with diapers/pull-ups

I have a few of vinyl and pul pants. Not every day but certainly for sleeping. If it's during the day, if I know I'm going to be out for extra hours I'll use them (possible leaks or BM accidents). BM accidents are rare but if I get up in the morning and haven't had a BM yet, I put on my plastic pants on top of my diaper (Confidrt 24/7 as long I still have them). I already use chlorophyll but they don't completely stop the odor. Plastic pants might give me more time if anyone might notice (~1 hour +). I think pul pants are more comfortable but if you flood they can weep out the pants. I also use fixation or compression shorts over my diaper and sometimes plastic pants. I know it sounds like a lot to wear but being a long-time IC person, all of these are easy and helps security.

Reactions: Napincolove, jonny77, daylight and 2 others
greatlake5 said:
I have a few of vinyl and pul pants. Not every day but certainly for sleeping. If it's during the day, if I know I'm going to be out for extra hours I'll use them (possible leaks or BM accidents). BM accidents are rare but if I get up in the morning and haven't had a BM yet, I put on my plastic pants on top of my diaper (Confidrt 24/7 as long I still have them). I already use chlorophyll but they don't completely stop the odor. Plastic pants might give me more time if anyone might notice (~1 hour +). I think pul pants are more comfortable but if you flood they can weep out the pants. I also use fixation or compression shorts over my diaper and sometimes plastic pants. I know it sounds like a lot to wear but being a long-time IC person, all of these are easy and helps security.
Thanks for your help

Reactions: Angelapinks
As I have said in other blogs I wear Disposable Diapers and Plastic Pants with every change.

GabeG30 said:
Thanks for your help @chuck I hope you don't mind but I added your answer to my notes for later reading. Followup question when you wear the plastic pants and they get wet like at night do you let them sit and dry so they can re used or do you put them in laundry basket right away? I look forward to your reply thanks.

I wear clean plastic pants every day. I usually put a clean pair on over my clean diaper when I go to bed and also in the morning after my shower before I get dressed. In the daytime I usually wear cloth training pants, then put on a pair of clean plastic pants over them. I also use a bit of baby powder to help keep down odors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Aspie69, Angelapinks and 1 other person
chuck said:
I wear clean plastic pants every day. I usually put a clean pair on over my clean diaper when I go to bed and also in the morning after my shower before I get dressed. In the daytime I usually wear cloth training pants, then put on a pair of clean plastic pants over them. I also use a bit of baby powder to help keep down odors.
Thanks again

Plastic pants are of course a must when using cloth diapers.

Plastic pants are often referred to as rubber pants.

Reactions: chuck and Angelapinks
GabeG30 said:
Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe. @Jorelaxed Ich hoffe, es macht Ihnen nichts aus, aber ich habe Ihre Antwort zu meinen Notizen hinzugefügt, damit ich sie später lesen kann. Folgefrage: Wenn du die Plastikhose trägst und sie nachts nass wird, lässt du sie dann liegen und trocknen, damit sie wiederverwendet werden kann, oder legst du sie gleich in den Wäschekorb? Ich freue mich auf Ihre Antwort, danke.
Wenn du die Plastikhose nach dem tragen nicht sofort wäschst kann es sein das sie einen gewissen Geruch annimmt.Die einen finden es aufregend,die anderen als unangenehm je länger die Hose ungewaschen liegt desdo mehr dringt der Urin in den Kunststoff ein und man bekommt ihn nur schwer wider aus der Hose.

frank68 said:
Wenn du die Plastikhose nach dem tragen nicht sofort wäschst kann es sein das sie einen gewissen Geruch annimmt.Die einen finden es aufregend,die anderen als unangenehm je länger die Hose ungewaschen liegt desdo mehr dringt der Urin in den Kunststoff ein und man bekommt ihn nur schwer wider aus der Hose.
thanks.

Aspie69 said:
Plastic pants are of course a must when using cloth diapers.

Plastic pants are often referred to as rubber pants.
thanks

Since I use cloth diapers and training pants I always use plastic panties to prevent any leaks. I am a side sleeper so I don't worry about leaks.

Reactions: Rusher, chuck, richieboy and 1 other person
AZAnnie2 said:
Since I use cloth diapers and training pants I always use plastic panties to prevent any leaks. I am a side sleeper so I don't worry about leaks.
thanks.

GabeG30 said:
Hi everybody I have a question I am wondering when wearing diapers/pull-ups does anybody use plastic pants no matter what or does using them with diapers or pullups make your body feel strange like the diapers is too tight even though its the right size? also what is the purpose of plastic pants do they stop leaking? also should i be ashamed that I wet my bed even without diapers every now and again not intentional sorry if my questions does not make sense. I look forward to your replies thanks.
Your question does make sense, so much so that if you use the search feature on the ADISC website you’ll likely find many references to previous posts.

Reactions: vp39 and Angelapinks
Zeke said:
Your question does make sense, so much so that if you use the search feature on the ADISC website you’ll likely find many references to previous posts.
thanks @Zeke

I always wear plastic pants with a nappy even out and about. You never know when you may leak.

• Love
Reactions: chuck, Angelapinks and Zeke
My way of stopping leaks onto the bedsheets is to wear a towel over a disposable (I use a size 2 Snappi to hold it on) then plastic pants over that. (Wore rubber ones until mine wore out and the manufacturers stopped making them.) Just plastic pants over the disposable would do no good because there's nothing to absorb what leaks out of the disposable.

Reactions: Deleted member 39193 and Angelapinks
HumanFly said:
My way of stopping leaks onto the bedsheets is to wear a towel over a disposable (I use a size 2 Snappi to hold it on) then plastic pants over that. (Wore rubber ones until mine wore out and the manufacturers stopped making them.) Just plastic pants over the disposable would do no good because there's nothing to absorb what leaks out of the disposable.
I don’t usually have any leaks from my disposable nappies, but I often wear a pair of boxer briefs over my nappy and under the plastic pants for the same reason.

If any small leaks do occur the wetness is absorbed by the fabric of the boxer briefs and contained within the plastic pants.

My bed remains perfectly dry.

Babybub said:
I always wear plastic pants with a nappy even out and about. You never know when you may leak.
thanks

HumanFly said:
thanks.

DLmikey said:
I don’t usually have any leaks from my disposable nappies, but I often wear a pair of boxer briefs over my nappy and under the plastic pants for the same reason.

If any small leaks do occur the wetness is absorbed by the fabric of the boxer briefs and contained within the plastic pants.

My bed remains perfectly dry.
thanks.

Reactions: Deleted member 39193
Back