using plastic pants with diapers/pull-ups

LifesAB said:
Pro tip for night time: Plastic Bloomers!
Especially the lined ones are great at containing anything and everything.
I have several of these but my favourites were latex rubber. One day I got careless taking them off and tore one leg of them pretty badly.

GabeG30 said:
Thanks for your help @slimjiminy
I hope you don't mind but I added your answer to my notes for later reading. Followup question when you wear the plastic pants and they get wet like at night do you let them sit and dry so they can re used or do you put them in laundry basket right away? I look forward to your reply thanks.
For wetness (only), I will hang them up in the closet to dry if they don't seem to smell (especially the first day) and not severely wet. If I feel they got very wet or have become smelly, I toss them into my laundry hamper to dry and to be washed later. I'll usually wait until I have 2+ to be washed before I wash them in the bathroom sink.

I find that they do get smelly over time if you only use water (or hand soap). So what works well is to use a little bit of cleaning vinegar (cheap). You don't need much. Just put a small amount in the sink, add a small squirt of hand soap and fill up the sink and soak. Then rinse a few times. The vinegar neutralizes the ammonia smell while the antibacterial soap takes care of the rest. The hand soap does not harm the PVC because it does not have grease and oil removers in it, that would affect the plasticizers in PVC.

richieboy said:
I only use plastic pants with a cloth diaper, and when I used depend diapers. But not any more with my Bambino Bellisimo v2 diapers since they are plastic coated, and don’t leak. After reading all the other answers I think I will add the plastic pants tonight!
Thanks for your help.

UrgentWees said:
I don’t always wear nappies as my urgency varies day by day, but when I do I will always wear plastic pants when leaving the house for odour control and also to help prevent sagging. I don’t usually bother around home as I don’t really notice to the smell of my UIC and don’t have to feel self-conscious about being obviously diapered.
Thanks for your help

Ali123 said:
Hiya. I have several pairs of plastic pants, so if a pair get too wet I put them in the laundry.

But if they’re just a bit wet I rinse them in warm water and leave them to dry on the airer.

If I’m still wearing a nappy I put a clean pair of plastics on.
Thanks again for your help

Angelapinks said:
I wipe them out with a bay wipe and hang to dry but after wearing twice they go in the laundry.
Thanks for your help

tiron101 said:
If I'm expecting a heavy night of wetting I wear them to cut down on leaks. Or if I wake up in the middle of the night pretty wet, I'll pull on plastic pants to prevent leaks and avoid having to change in the middle of the night. During the day I wear them occasionally, mostly if I'm doing something like going out of the house for some time without being able to change, or times when I'm going to need heavy protection. Also for long drives I usually use plastic pants over disposable.
Thanks for your help

InconLifer said:
I used to use plastic and rubber pants all the time (rubber was longer lasting and seemed to work better as I have leaked through plastic pants before) but whilst they contained leaks I found it awkward having to clean up when out and about. Plus, they do need to be replaced on a regular basis I've found. Since I've been using boosters inside my nappies leaking's been far less of an issue and there's no awkward cleaning and bagging up involved. If I'm sleeping away from home or having a big IBS flare though I do have some cloth nappy covers which lessen the risks of leaks and are more comfortable than plastic and rubber but obviously involve washing. They're also too bulky to wear out and about and I wouldn't want to have to carry damp ones around all day. I always pack a spare of shorts and a spare t-shirt in case of leaks.

So yeah, I've found boosters often have the same desired effect but obviously do impact the whole discretion aspect but with clever wardrobe choices that's not an issue.
Thanks for your help

DAJ said:
When I remove my diaper in the morning, the plastic pants are rinsed off and hung out to dry. I usually wash them after two or three uses. I have 8 or 9 on hand. There are also times I will be in a diaper and plastic pants during the day.
Thanks again for your help.

Tundra1975 said:
I always wear a diaper cover over my diaper. During the daytime, I wear a Gary Active Wear diaper cover. When I go to bed, I wear a Babykins terry lined diaper cover. Both covers work great at containing any accidents that escape my diaper.
Thanks for your help

slimjiminy said:
For wetness (only), I will hang them up in the closet to dry if they don't seem to smell (especially the first day) and not severely wet. If I feel they got very wet or have become smelly, I toss them into my laundry hamper to dry and to be washed later. I'll usually wait until I have 2+ to be washed before I wash them in the bathroom sink.

I find that they do get smelly over time if you only use water (or hand soap). So what works well is to use a little bit of cleaning vinegar (cheap). You don't need much. Just put a small amount in the sink, add a small squirt of hand soap and fill up the sink and soak. Then rinse a few times. The vinegar neutralizes the ammonia smell while the antibacterial soap takes care of the rest. The hand soap does not harm the PVC because it does not have grease and oil removers in it, that would affect the plasticizers in PVC.
Thanks again

His gal has many Gary Active Wear diaper pull on diaper covers in diffident colors long a few cute prints that go over my plastic back diapers !!

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks
Rita said:
His gal has many Gary Active Wear diaper pull on diaper covers in diffident colors long a few cute prints that go over my plastic back diapers !!
Thanks for your help.

GabeG30 said:
Hi everybody I have a question I am wondering when wearing diapers/pull-ups does anybody use plastic pants no matter what or does using them with diapers or pullups make your body feel strange like the diapers is too tight even though its the right size? also what is the purpose of plastic pants do they stop leaking? also should i be ashamed that I wet my bed even without diapers every now and again not intentional sorry if my questions does not make sense. I look forward to your replies thanks.
I wear them at night so my wife doesn't have to get grossed out by the wet diaper smell.

Aspie69 said:
I wear them at night so my wife doesn't have to get grossed out by the wet diaper smell.
Thanks for your help

Reactions: Aspie69
When I have a long play day I use a cloth all in one with a soaker of two and ALWYS a couple of plastic pants. One itfeels great and 2 it keep it all where its supposed to be, wet on the inside and dry on the outside.

SuzetteSissy said:
When I have a long play day I use a cloth all in one with a soaker of two and ALWYS a couple of plastic pants. One itfeels great and 2 it keep it all where its supposed to be, wet on the inside and dry on the outside.
Thanks for your help

I always use plastic pants over my diapers . I almost cant wear diapers with out them, feels like somethings missing.

Reactions: chuck and Angelapinks
richieboy said:
I only use plastic pants with a cloth diaper, and when I used depend diapers. But not any more with my Bambino Bellisimo v2 diapers since they are plastic coated, and don’t leak. After reading all the other answers I think I will add the plastic pants tonight!
which plastic pants and why?

Fireball44 said:
which plastic pants and why?
Vinyl pants, cause they are softer than plastic, but still leakproof. Got them from Katy health products through Walmart.

Back