Usage of diapers

ClaudTheBear said:
When I first began to have problems I used pull ups or "disposable underwear" because those allowed me to get them up and down quick but I had so protection. After a year or so it kept getting worse and I changed to tape ons. By this time I would feel the urge and within seconds it was coming out. I finally got to the point where rather then suffer and stress about trying to hold, I just let it go. Way I saw it, it was inevitable. Now maybe 20% I feel it's coming but just let it go. Other then that I don't know till I feel it getting wet or warm.
Im somewhat incontinent i guess because have oab frequent urination and accidents sometimes and accorded to the people on here they say it sounds like urge incontinence my medication could be causing it but to be sure im going to a urologist when i call them to make sure im not diabetic

Tundra1975 said:
I know the feeling. I am in the very same boat that you are in. If I were rich, I would have my own diaper factory to support my needs.
Money is tight for me as well

I usually wear cloth diapers and plastic pants. Sometimes I wake up with a messy and wet diaper in the morning but most of the time just wet. I try to visit the toilet, but if I feel that I am going to have a messy day, I will switch to a disposable and wear them for the rest of the day. When things appear to be getting back to normal, I will switch back to a cloth diaper.

Reactions: StarWars7
Missy1 said:
Id say pretty mush as Tundra says i do (so far ) manage to get to the toilet in time MOST of the time as im home pretty mush every day and as shuch close to the bathroom But sadly sometimes i dont so im protected 24 / 7 . And again as Tundra when an accident is about to happen and the motion alredy started i know better then trying to hold it and make it to the bathroom (tried that and well things dident go the way id hoped ). So i just let it out and then go and clean my self off and change to a clean diaper again.
With pee i usually dont make it as well but occasionally i have messy accidents if i know i wont make it then i use my diaper for its intended purpose

Changing in a public washroom gets easier over time, yes its possible people will realize you are changing your diaper but for the most part people donot. Changing your diaper is a part of dealing with incontinece issues and its better to change before your diaper becomes over saturated and it’s definitely better to change out of a soiled diaper even if its a bit embarrassing you will probably never see the people that are in the bathroom with you again.

Reactions: NotTheAverageMan, RedStripeLvr, StarWars7 and 1 other person
Rob110 said:
Changing in a public washroom gets easier over time, yes its possible people will realize you are changing your diaper but for the most part people donot. Changing your diaper is a part of dealing with incontinece issues and its better to change before your diaper becomes over saturated and it’s definitely better to change out of a soiled diaper even if its a bit embarrassing you will probably never see the people that are in the bathroom with you again.

I still remember the first time I ever had to change in a public restroom at a Target store. Of course, there was a creepy guy in there lingering, but I didn't have a choice. I fumbled through it, trying to be quiet, and finally just gave the tapes a yank and got it done. I don't think "creepy guy" even noticed, and it was really not a big deal. Now I just roll with it, and while I usually have a small bag to carry in with me, I have been known to just grab a diaper and go. It definitely gets easier the more you do it.

Reactions: Deleted member 47221, PaddedStag and StarWars7
I have urge incontinence, so that means that when I have the urge to go, I pee quite heavily. Otherwise, I can go for some time without a problem with uncontrolled urination. I prefer wearing diapers, so that I don't leak when I do go. I use a booster pad in them. I also wear PUL pants, but I put my PUL pants on directly over the diaper, and then if I want, I put a pair of underwear over the PUL pants. This combination seems to work well for me.

Reactions: StarWars7
AngelKitten said:
I have urge incontinence, so that means that when I have the urge to go, I pee quite heavily. Otherwise, I can go for some time without a problem with uncontrolled urination. I prefer wearing diapers, so that I don't leak when I do go. I use a booster pad in them. I also wear PUL pants, but I put my PUL pants on directly over the diaper, and then if I want, I put a pair of underwear over the PUL pants. This combination seems to work well for me.
I have urge incontinence too

I'm semi-bowel ic and just use my diapers for pee too, out of convenience. If I feel a BM coming that I know I have time to reach the bathroom for, I'll go there, because cleaning up after a messy diaper is a pain.

I started to wear 247 because my bowels were unpredictable, what I thought was going to be gas would turn out to be something more. Sometimes, I would have the accidents without even feeling anything coming. So I had to go to diapers. At first I would try to pee in a toilet, but after a while I realized it wasn't practical. I would try to shimmy the diaper down enough so that I could sit down to pee, and end up damaging it. This can get expensive. I just decided to always pee in my diaper.

Reactions: RedStripeLvr
I try to make it for number two and will sometimes try to make it for wetting depending on if I'm at home, what I'm in the middle of doing, ect.

I never want to go 2# in public, it's miserable :( I'll rather suffer a lot of pain instead of messing myself and go to great lengths to avoid it.
I can shimmy out of diapers very easily and they still stay on me pretty good no matter what brand, so it's not too much trouble, especially when I wear a pair of boxers on top of the nappy.

If I've spent the whole day in diapers and been sweating etc.. then it's quite the same to pee them at some point. I'm not gonna wear the same diaper the next day or next week just like I don't wear the same pair of underwear two days straight.
I still need to wear diapers sometimes so my damaged bladder doesn't get more damaged after I so carefully healed it up, but I'm very happy I don't really need them for IBS anymore.

Back