Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
I've been curious about this topic and I wanted to post it for months now, but I wasn't sure where it should go. I was wondering: What was your first big boy or girl underwear after potty training? I guess this is maybe mostly for the younger members on the site. Did your parents tempt you to get out of diapers with underwear of a favorite cartoon character of yours at the time or something that you thought was cool?

Reactions: BabyTrina, Diaperboy27 and Cottontail
I was out of diapers shortly after my 3rd birthday. Funny enough, my mom kept my first pair of underwear in a memory box. They’re white briefs with penguins printed, and blue waist and leg bands

Reactions: thedlguy and Lostdiapersboy
I know I had some with Simba on them. Wouldn’t surprise me if there had been some Barney or Power Rangers ones too.

Reactions: JazzBaby, Hell2DaNaw and goodniteswearer89
I see cartoon briefs very frequently cited as a big 'little' item or something regression inducing. I don't think I ever had cartoon underwear as a kid, or if I did they've been lost to fading memory. I feel like I would've remembered if so as like most kids I was big into cartoons, particularly super hero characters and something like spiderman underwear would've been a thing I'd have been proud to wear.

I just had pretty standard issue coloured briefs. Never white though, creating another area where I feel I can't relate to many who reference 'tighty whiteys' as a childhood thing. I remember them all just being solid single colours with no seam / waistband variation. Dark blue, light blue, red, green, grey, purple.

To this day briefs are still a fairly 'little headspace' inducing thing for me as I banished them from my life towards the end of my pre-teens after realising when you started High School in Year 7 there was a sizable contingent of people who'd mock them (when seeing them in say, the changing rooms) as being a younger thing or use charming names such as ball-stranglers 😂 - so boxers it was. I just remember feeling a bit affronted that people cared so much about what underwear I wore to be honest. Peer pressure is a strong thing at that age I guess.

Reactions: thedlguy, Lostdiapersboy and Cottontail
As far as I know, I went straight from cloth diapers to tighty whities. No training pants, no fun characters, just a hard cut from baby to boring. I did have Underoos when I was a little older, and of course I'd have traded them in for diapers without a second though. :)

• Haha
Reactions: thedlguy, LittleAndAlone, Lostdiapersboy and 1 other person
Cottontail said:
As far as I know, I went straight from cloth diapers to tighty whities. No training pants, no fun characters, just a hard cut from baby to boring. I did have Underoos when I was a little older, and of course I'd have traded them in for diapers without a second though. :)
My lord, those adverts 😅

• Haha
Reactions: Cottontail
Dune1001 said:
My lord, those adverts 😅
I know, right? I think I had that exact Spiderman set too. I was probably 6 or 7, so that would've been 1982/83.

If I remember correctly, it was power rangers underwear. I wasn't bribed with it so it wasn't the thing that got me out of pull-ups.

I went from cloth diapers to cloth training pants. Some were quite colorful and others were white.

I think I wore underoos like Batman, Superman, or just cartoons in the early 80’s.

Reactions: thedlguy
JazzBaby said:
I've been curious about this topic and I wanted to post it for months now, but I wasn't sure where it should go. I was wondering: What was your first big boy or girl underwear after potty training? I guess this is maybe mostly for the younger members on the site. Did your parents tempt you to get out of diapers with underwear of a favorite cartoon character of yours at the time or something that you thought was cool?
this would be 1980 or there about, but underroos (don't know if they make them anymore, but I wore them for a while as a child. I should not I also got in trouble a lot as a kid for not wearing my underware and going commando.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
I know, right? I think I had that exact Spiderman set too. I was probably 6 or 7, so that would've been 1982/83.
Guessing your were born around 1976, I was Nov of 1976, so I turned 6 in 1982, and I do remember those spiderman ones too, and I belive there was super man ones too.

Reactions: thedlguy and Cottontail
TexHagrid said:
I know I had some with Simba on them. Wouldn’t surprise me if there had been some Barney or Power Rangers ones too.
I kinda remember having the same ones the lion king ones that is.

Reactions: JazzBaby
babyboy said:
Guessing your were born around 1976, I was Nov of 1976, so I turned 6 in 1982, and I do remember those spiderman ones too, and I belive there was super man ones too.
January, yup. Just celebrated my 4th birthday for the 12th time. It never gets old. :) Oh man, they had every kind of Underoos. They had C3PO Underoos. They had Daisy Duke Underoos! I wonder how well those sold. Did little girls in the 70s idolize Daisy Duke? Well anyway, drifting OT. Sorry.

Reactions: warmpants and Prime69
I remember after diapers I had smurfs underwear and mostly tighty whities. I'm sure I had underoos too but don't remember them.

I simply don't remember. The first underwear I remember is the traditional tightly whities for boys.

I was bribed with Scooby-Doo but only if I stopped peeing my pants otherwise he would drown. I was already potty trained I was just stubborn and held it until it was too late cause 3 and 4 yr olds always have more important things to do. 🤣

Hold it, hold it, hold it, then get in a spot where I hold it for the final time and I got stuck there sitting on my heels where if I attempted to move the dam burst. 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: wetaccident, AJFan2020, JazzBaby and 1 other person
I wore training pants when I was out of diapers because I had accidents often. Then when I finally got regular underwear, it was Barbie or The Little Mermaid. I remember being excited about it. My mom finally got me some when I had less accidents.

I don't remember my childhood and the potty training. the memories from those days are very foggy. My family probably was too poor to buy diapers for me, I don't remember any, but I remember some accidents when I was younger than 4, and I remember underwear from my childhood, it was always the same, it wasn't cute, just some poor white flyless briefs with boring non-cartoon non-childish patterns (squares, circles) in dark-green-blue color, western clothes like tighty whities and especially with a fly aren't popular in my country of origin.

Since I became independent, I always hate these sort of underwear, they remind me poorness and boredom of my past, so I hate boxer briefs, hate flyless briefs, so I only wear western briefs with plain bright colors and a fly.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
January, yup. Just celebrated my 4th birthday for the 12th time. It never gets old. :) Oh man, they had every kind of Underoos. They had C3PO Underoos. They had Daisy Duke Underoos! I wonder how well those sold. Did little girls in the 70s idolize Daisy Duke? Well anyway, drifting OT. Sorry.
Well then you are about 10 months older then I am.

Back