Tykables B grade tape issue

dl015

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I bought a 4 pack of B grade Unicorns last month. One pack has the top right tapes misaligned to where they rip off when pulled hard or start tearing off overtime when I wear one. Looks like the tape that holds the tab to the wing is scrunched up. 8 of the diapers are like this, one diaper was missing the tab completely. The other 3 packs are fine and work like they should. Has anyone else experienced something like this with b grade diapers?

Attachments

• IMG_20221206_102045761.jpg
    IMG_20221206_102045761.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20221206_102139343.jpg
    IMG_20221206_102139343.jpg
    647.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20221116_142350344.jpg
    IMG_20221116_142350344.jpg
    827.2 KB · Views: 26
b grade would be second rate quality

Reactions: espectro and NappiedTruckDriver
That's probably why they are b grade, I've bought b grade diapers before that were missing one or both tapes on one wing! I got them cheap enough but it was still annoying when I'd have to break out the duct tape to be securely diapered and it was incredibly hit or miss as to whether they would all be there or not!

What really sucks is when you get b grade diapers that the cut is off one side or the other... There is almost nothing you can do to make it comfy to wear.

Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver
I would never buy b grade nappies.

Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver
dpcare said:
b grade would be second rate quality
Reason they’re grade B 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Packing tape. if they were cheap enough they could come with no tape but regardless packing tape will cheaply and easily fix.

Guys, I bought on the b-grade sale, too. I haven’t encountered issues on my case of overnights, but I have in the past on b-grades. Usually tape issues. Otherwise, they’re just as functional (and phenomenal) as always.

I’d reach out to their customer support and NICELY provide them details of the tape issues in a neutral, non-confrontational tone. They advertise them as fully functional, with minor defects that should not affect functionality. They may accept this as a defect, even if b-grade. I’ve done so in the past and got results.

And maybe… deal with their customer service BEFORE making a public post about their products. It would be the polite thing to do to give them a chance to rectify the situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abdlchriscrinkle
Thing is, B grade is a batch with a production error in it, thus sold cheaper.
This means that, as a customer, you are made aware of this BEFORE purchase and you have no longer the right for complaint.

If you have the same issue with A grade products, then by all means contact the seller.

Years ago I bought B grade Euron diapers, they told me in advance they had minor poduction errors but were still functional.
A broken tape does not mean it's not functional, you use duct tape to fix that.
A torn backing (thus causing the pulp/SAP to fall out) does mean it is not functional and shouldn't be sold at all.

So like others said, just be happy you got em on the cheap and be done with it?

Just talk to Tykables customer service already. Don’t speak for them until they have a chance to speak.

Tykables stands behind their products. They treat these as b-grade because of flaws in the waistbands mostly, not the tapes. They also stand behind their b-grade diapers. It’s why I always jump at the chance to get some when they offer them.

CASE IN POINT…
1670359610315.png

Last edited:
Well......they are b grade. Same as sub-par. Mediocre.

Nowididit said:
Well......they are b grade. Same as sub-par. Mediocre.
It’s like no one reads the thread.

I’m serious. You’re throwing away compensation. If you just talk to customer service instead of complaining here…

Last edited:
Maybe it'd be worth making a general thread about "How do I deal with product quality issues?" Which is pretty much the same if you have an issue with a $2 pencil, a $3000 gaming PC or some B-grade diapers.

1. Find the support email address on the company website
  2. Log in to your preferred email account and send them a nice email that says "Company, can you please help me remedy this issue I'm seeing with your product? <insert detailed description of product issue here> Signed, <Your name (or alias)>"
  3. Wait for response

Last edited:
Reactions: todaler
Last year, I bought a pack of Tykables Overnights diapers, A-grade: after diapering up, the velcro pads on the diaper tabs delaminated overnight, leaving my diaper unsecure. The tapes' shear tension was moderate and the remainder of the diapers in the pack all followed suit. Regrettably, I can no longer buy these diapers until improvements are made.

I had a few b grade that had weird defects I wouldn't exactly say we're functional. The worst was a big gooey glue ball on the inside back, so I didn't notice until I put it on. I was horrified for about five seconds until I found out it was just glue...cold gooey rubbery glue.
I don't recommend buying b grade, the amount you loose from extreme defects just pushes the price back up, if you get 10% off and four out of forty aren't good you basically paid full price for defects.

blaincorrous said:
It’s like no one reads the thread.

I’m serious. You’re throwing away compensation. If you just talk to customer service instead of complaining here…
I'm not complaining. I'm just saying you get what you pay for.

Reactions: winterheart01 and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
Last year, I bought a pack of Tykables Overnights diapers, A-grade: after diapering up, the velcro pads on the diaper tabs delaminated overnight, leaving my diaper unsecure. The tapes' shear tension was moderate and the remainder of the diapers in the pack all followed suit. Regrettably, I can no longer buy these diapers until improvements are made.
If stuff like that happens just contact us.

CrinkleBear said:
I had a few b grade that had weird defects I wouldn't exactly say we're functional. The worst was a big gooey glue ball on the inside back, so I didn't notice until I put it on. I was horrified for about five seconds until I found out it was just glue...cold gooey rubbery glue.
I don't recommend buying b grade, the amount you loose from extreme defects just pushes the price back up, if you get 10% off and four out of forty aren't good you basically paid full price for defects.
That shouldn't be the case. B grade should just be cosmetic issues. If there are function issues, contact us.

dl015 said:
I bought a 4 pack of B grade Unicorns last month. One pack has the top right tapes misaligned to where they rip off when pulled hard or start tearing off overtime when I wear one. Looks like the tape that holds the tab to the wing is scrunched up. 8 of the diapers are like this, one diaper was missing the tab completely. The other 3 packs are fine and work like they should. Has anyone else experienced something like this with b grade diapers?
Did you contact us?

Reactions: grst and blaincorrous
@todaler, Tykables are among the best all-round diapers on the market, from overall absorption, to wicking, to fit, to the highly-engineered aspects that lead to your manufacturer having a design tolerance that isn’t always met. Some might call it “over-engineered”, but I say there’s no such thing except that it makes QC tricky sometimes.

I’ve had multiple cases where I think my Tykables has got to be close to leaking, so I change and find I’ve used a small fraction of the capacity. I’m not sure where you fit it all. You’re my go-to for overnight, well-hydrated diapering.

I’ve been one of your customers since before the trademark change, going back to your adhesive tapes. I still had a Pleather and an original adhesive Waddler for a while.

Thank you for shooting for the Fade-When-Wet-Stars. You’re a pillar of this community and it irks me something fierce when people are dismissive of the blood, sweat, and tears you’ve put into your diapers… among other fluids. I just wanted to make sure you know I think your pretty… swell.

as someone who is incontinent and wears 24/7 for medical reasons I find Tykables cost prohibitive I will not pay $4.00+/ diaper

dpcare said:
as someone who is incontinent and wears 24/7 for medical reasons I find Tykables cost prohibitive I will not pay $4.00+/ diaper
They are not $4.00 a diaper if you are ordering by the case, which if you wear 24/7 you would be buying by the case not the bag. We also have a subscription service that far less. Even the highest cost subscription service we have for diapers is $200 for 80 diapers which includes shipping and tax in the USA puts them at 2.5 a diaper and would be only our 6000, 7000, and 8000 ML products.

todaler said:
They are not $4.00 a diaper if you are ordering by the case, which if you wear 24/7 you would be buying by the case not the bag. We also have a subscription service that far less. Even the highest cost subscription service we have for diapers is $200 for 80 diapers which includes shipping and tax in the USA puts them at 2.5 a diaper and would be only our 6000, 7000, and 8000 ML products.

which is unfortunately only applicable for customers in the US.
Customers outside the US have to rely on resellers, the ones in EU only sell per bag, like SaveExpress or abdlfactory etc. They don't follow any of the "cheaper by the case" or subscription plan.
The only thing SaveExpress does for some brands, but not all, is a very small reduction per bag if you buy at least one case. but again, USA customers still get em cheaper.
And this is not just about the Tykables brand, it's pretty much about any abdl or high capacity brand that's not in the regular market.

Back