Twitter is gotten bad

babyraggydolls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I went on X aka twitter for the first time in ages and I was greeted with pop up gore videos on war and by the time I went to click to report them they disappeared, it happened 3 times I then decided to uninstall the app but it didn’t do wonders for my mood. When I turn on Facebook it’s spammed to kingdom come with fake celebrity ai images, some are downright vile and disgusting like nudes and you report it and fb never removes it. I’m worried that the internet is going to be a cesspit of this kind of garbage from now on, if so I what’s the point of using the internet when nothings sacred and the uploaders have no morals or care and no consequences.

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and KittyninjaW
TWITTER/X is a sicko shithole.
FACEBOOK is going that way too.
My only social media platform now is just here on ADISC.

Reactions: denimchicken, CrazySmoker, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
caitianx said:
TWITTER/X is a sicko shithole.
FACEBOOK is going that way too.
My only social media platform now is just here on ADISC.
Same here, I uninstalled the other apps

Reactions: denimchicken, PadPhilosopher and BBBen
Facebook is dead. I never joined X, even when it was Twitter...I saw how Courtney Love was dominating it and swore I'd never join. The only social media I'm on are here and MeWe. That's it.

Facebook has clearly shown just how 666 social media can get. It seemed like a good idea at the time...but time proved otherwise. Never again.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, KittyninjaW and BBBen
As I have said, I have had my fill of "BULLSHITBOOK" and "SHITTER".
The crazies took over both of them.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Sealander, CrazySmoker and PadPhilosopher
caitianx said:
As I have said, I have had my fill of "BULLSHITBOOK" and "SHITTER".
The crazies took over both of them.
True right, they all flocked there wholesale. I’m glad I’m no longer on there

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
You should make a Bsky account! It’s kind of like Twitter but a lot quieter, with better moderation and lots of kinksters / queers / people who live and let live ^^

• Thinking
There's nothing wrong about sharing images about war, this is the internet after all, everybody can share anything and we need to know about reality.

Today it's them, but tomorrow, it'll be us.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Vikingbab
I call fcb, X etc. "Asocial Networking"

• Love
I do have a Facebook account but haven’t logged on in over a year maybe even two years. I really only keep it going to remind me of family and friends birthdays. I also had a twitter account because it was a requirement for my Master Degree but haven’t used it since. Social networking started off as a good thing but like a lot of stuff it quickly became a twisted pit of abuse, bullying and vulgarity.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, CrazySmoker and BobbiSueEllen
Hemix said:
There's nothing wrong about sharing images about war, this is the internet after all, everybody can share anything and we need to know about reality.

Today it's them, but tomorrow, it'll be us.
I don’t agree, chlldren
View that platform and blood and gore isn’t okay to show to children and teenagers
I saw some guy on the floor bleeding out and such footage was not allowed before the Tesla guy was in charge

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, BBBen and Someoneonline
Newbaby110521 said:
I do have a Facebook account but haven’t logged on in over a year maybe even two years. I really only keep it going to remind me of family and friends birthdays. I also had a twitter account because it was a requirement for my Master Degree but haven’t used it since. Social networking started off as a good thing but like a lot of stuff it quickly became a twisted pit of abuse, bullying and vulgarity.
It’s full of bullying and trolls and nastiness these days but back in the days of MySpace and bebo social media was okay

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and BobbiSueEllen
babyraggydolls said:
I don’t agree, chlldren
View that platform and blood and gore isn’t okay to show to children and teenagers
I saw some guy on the floor bleeding out and such footage was not allowed before the Tesla guy was in charge
Actually, before Elon Musk got in charge, it was already stated that the page wasn't suitable for people under 13.

That's reality of the internet, almost nothing from it is suitable for kids and that's why parental control exists.

I still think those pictures show the pain and horror corrupted mass media won't show to the population, not just because of sensibility of the public, but because they're hiding the truth they don't want others to know.

Reactions: TeeMousy, PadPhilosopher, Vikingbab and 1 other person
Hemix said:
Actually, before Elon Musk got in charge, it was already stated that the page wasn't suitable for people under 13.

That's reality of the internet, almost nothing from it is suitable for kids and that's why parental control exists.

I still think those pictures show the pain and horror corrupted mass media won't show to the population, not just because of sensibility of the public, but because they're hiding the truth they don't want others to know.
14-16 is still a minor and if I wanted to see gore I’d go to daily gore which I don’t. Showing photos of war gore won’t prevent it from happening or stop it and doesn’t really help to raise awareness as your average person will just hit the block button

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and KittyninjaW
The only social networks I am on is Youtube, Reddit, and Deviantart. I have Twitter, but it's only when youtube messes up for me. I used to have Facebook but I got banned and I'm glad.

Last edited:
  • Wow
I don't at all see where some of these places get 13 as a good age of consent for many things. It's odd that 13 even comes up. I know that in Jewish custom, for example, 13 is considered the age of adulthood. Are there any other customs that do so?

Personally, I don't buy it; 13 is the age of introducing some responsibility. It's still definitely within the realm of impressionability and still too early in life to burden someone down with so much personal and social responsibility. Getting someone "out of naïveté" is a longer process than just one birthday, especially so young.

18 is the standard age which should be the legal age the world over, not subject to culture or religion. It is the law in many countries and if someone is under that age, they are minors; above it, they are adults, neither minors nor "teens". There's no such thing as a "teen adult", something the newsmedia loves to occasionally nudge us with in their 'news articles'. No. They have no license to grey it like that, First Amendment or not.

On another, less-seen and drastic hand, I've seen many religious families who, when their kids turn 18, conclude the birthday party, clear the table, hand their newly-18 kid their belongings in bags and tell them "You're an adult now. Gitchyersh** an' GTFO". Kicked the kids out of the house, even still enrolled in high school. On "religious grounds". Loser parents...just because the state draws a line doesn't mean they must do it, too. But they did...

Almost 30 years later, the internet remains one of the biggest Pandora's Boxes and social experiments in world history. Another venue of half-measures and mixed blessings. Surf wisely, folks; we've got constant gale conditions and they gave us flimsy boards.

• Thinking
Reactions: KittyninjaW and PadPhilosopher
The sad fact is that people are collectively worse. Society has been conditioned to accept a level of vileness as normal that at one time would never have been tolerated in any sphere. Behind a computer screen, many people become utterly detached from the reality that on the other side of it are real people, and they let their vileness spew freely, as the computer can't punch them, and the sense of unreality makes it all a twisted game to many people.

I stopped playing those games some time ago, too. It's not that I could've handle it; I'm a big boy. However, between the massive amount of time that is so easily spent, the limited engagement with good people, the constant barrage of idiocy, and the empowerment of owners I largely dislike (though Elon has his points) there's little reason to go there. I'm not going to make anything meaningfully better, so I will spend my time where I can, mostly in the real world.

• Love
Reactions: chamberpot, TeeMousy and CrazySmoker
BobbiSueEllen said:
I don't at all see where some of these places get 13 as a good age of consent for many things. It's odd that 13 even comes up. I know that in Jewish custom, for example, 13 is considered the age of adulthood. Are there any other customs that do so?

Personally, I don't buy it; 13 is the age of introducing some responsibility. It's still definitely within the realm of impressionability and still too early in life to burden someone down with so much personal and social responsibility. Getting someone "out of naïveté" is a longer process than just one birthday, especially so young.

18 is the standard age which should be the legal age the world over, not subject to culture or religion. It is the law in many countries and if someone is under that age, they are minors; above it, they are adults, neither minors nor "teens". There's no such thing as a "teen adult", something the newsmedia loves to occasionally nudge us with in their 'news articles'. No. They have no license to grey it like that, First Amendment or not.

On another, less-seen and drastic hand, I've seen many religious families who, when their kids turn 18, conclude the birthday party, clear the table, hand their newly-18 kid their belongings in bags and tell them "You're an adult now. Gitchyersh** an' GTFO". Kicked the kids out of the house, even still enrolled in high school. On "religious grounds". Loser parents...just because the state draws a line doesn't mean they must do it, too. But they did...

Almost 30 years later, the internet remains one of the biggest Pandora's Boxes and social experiments in world history. Another venue of half-measures and mixed blessings. Surf wisely, folks; we've got constant gale conditions and they gave us flimsy boards.
Getting someone out of naïveté is a process that should start as soon as a person can talk, and be well under way by 13. At one time this was well understood, and marriages in the 14-16 range were common and generally happy. Now too often we keep children children, absolving them of all responsibility, until they are 18, then wonder why they flounder in life, especially if they are one of those whose lack of responsibility saddles with a sudden and serious responsibility, a child. Some will realize their new requirement for responsibility and rise to it, but most go on being as irresponsible as they were trained to be, and the cycle continues.

I have known a few young people in their early teens who were far more responsible, compassionate, and ready for life than most in their early 20s, because it is learned behavior; they were trained, and the others were not. Leaving children to their own devices and hoping schools will pick up the slack has never ended well for any society.

Reactions: TeeMousy
I’m not a big fan of social media in general, but I do think one’s experiences with it are generally driven by personal choice. The platforms themselves aren’t supplying the objectionable content. That’ll be people you’ve followed or friended or whatever. Sure, you can take the nuclear option and leave, or you can prune some incompatible “friends” and stay.

I’ve been on FB for 17 years now. I don’t exactly hang out there though. Rather, I use it to keep in touch with family and IRL friends. I’m pretty certain that my non-bad experience boils down to connecting only with people I actually know and trust. Connecting willy-nilly with anybody who requests it, or who “likes” your content, is going to come back to bite you at some point. I’ve made that mistake on other platforms and have adjusted my approach accordingly, with altogether positive results.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: TeeMousy, BobbiSueEllen and PadPhilosopher
babyraggydolls said:

14-16 is still a minor and if I wanted to see gore I’d go to daily gore which I don’t. Showing photos of war gore won’t prevent it from happening or stop it and doesn’t really help to raise awareness as your average person will just hit the block button
Well, if it wasn't for those photos, I wouldn't realize about the seriousness of those things and neither my mom nor many other people from my city.

In fact, if none of those images were available, anybody could easily state that this kind of things aren't that serious or are even made-up. Instead, there are graffitis, strikes, political influence and even institutional statements, so I don't see it that useless after all.

Of course, there'll still be people who won't listen, but as long as they have the option to hide that kind of content once they see it or even at the content configuration, it should be fine (there's even an option to see only content from the accounts we follow and a word filter).

Anyway, I understand it can annoying for some and mentally devastating for others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Someoneonline, TeeMousy and PadPhilosopher
Back