Trouble hiding diaper

Cinderpamp

Trying his best to hold it in
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
So, I was just told that my diaper was visible while wearing them due to the shape they create at the back, despite wearing tight underwear over them and loose fitting shorts.

What could I do to make it less obvious?

Reactions: inthedark
if you can’t wear thinner diapers, consider on getting pants/shorts that are two sizes bigger so that it’s looser and doesn’t conform your mid section. You can also wear longer shirts to cover that region as well.

Reactions: MASONJAR
Cinderpamp said:
So, I was just told that my diaper was visible while wearing them due to the shape they create at the back, despite wearing tight underwear over them and loose fitting shorts.

maybe a onesies under your outfit
thinner diaper

Last edited:
Who was it that said something to you? Was it someone that also wears and uses diapers or someone close to you that knows you are wearing diapers?
I have been wearing 24/7 for at least 15yrs now and so far no one has ever said anything about seeing or knowing I am wearing a diaper. There are at least 2 large events that I work at each year and I am being seen by 250-500 people while I am on stage and or walking around the event and no one has noticed. In fact, one of those events was this week and I was in dress pants, shirt, tie, and jacket up on stage and walking around, no one was the wiser. I was actually wear a Purple Rearz diaper.
As others have pointed out, the type of clothes you wear and how you wear them will help hide them. I wear my clothes a size or thee larger to help hide them.

Reactions: Harley07
I've been wearing 24/7 for 8 years and no one has ever said anything other than immediate family and friends that know I wear.... Loose pants, long shirts, I'm at the point now I don't go showing my diaper off but I'm not mortified is someone see's it either....

No one has ever mentioned anything about my diapers in public … I usually wear BetterDry in public , and baggy pants + long shirt.

Most folks in public will never notice your diaper’s outline, or simply do not care.

Last edited:
Reactions: KrankyPants
I have also been wearing in public for years. No one has every said anything to me either.

I am cautious about what I wear. If I am going to do a lot of activity or activity that may involved bending, reaching or twisting such as grocery shopping for example.......reaching down or up to get stuff off shelves, I will wear my onsie vest. If not, I will just wear some loose fitting jeans or shorts and a kinda long top or t-shirt. If I do feel paranoid that a shape maybe made, I will sometimes put an object in one of my back pockets to break up the shape, such as a set a keys. Never phone or wallet for obvious reasons haha. But, I dont really care either.

checkingoutall said:
Who was it that said something to you? Was it someone that also wears and uses diapers or someone close to you that knows you are wearing diapers?
I have been wearing 24/7 for at least 15yrs now and so far no one has ever said anything about seeing or knowing I am wearing a diaper. There are at least 2 large events that I work at each year and I am being seen by 250-500 people while I am on stage and or walking around the event and no one has noticed. In fact, one of those events was this week and I was in dress pants, shirt, tie, and jacket up on stage and walking around, no one was the wiser. I was actually wear a Purple Rearz diaper.
As others have pointed out, the type of clothes you wear and how you wear them will help hide them. I wear my clothes a size or thee larger to help hide them.
Parent, they say that they notice the shape of it all the time, which I am not sure is true or not. I am usually very careful to ensure I remain discreet about them. They now know that I am wearing due to me revealing that on my own.

Cinderpamp said:
Parent, they say that they notice the shape of it all the time, which I am not sure is true or not.
considering i've read that parents have noticed abdls' "pee faces" before, this is probably true.

DanielW said:
less thick diapers or clothes that fit better over the diapers you are currently using. tight underwear only makes it more visible, not less
Wear rubbers two I do

Cinderpamp said:

Unless you are wearing some outrageously thick diaper, nobody is going to notice. I mean I've always thought that I could be one of those people who could spot something like that, but it's much too difficult.

Cinderpamp said:

really simple. loose shorts (not too loose), get a different diaper for outside purposes (just not so thick like abdl dips), loose/long shirts (not necessarily those long bottom style shirts, just not thight. useful to cover when bending over etc), be confident (the more you worry the more obvious, stop checking if its visible every minute. easiest way to do this is to actually get used to wearing one). additional tips, wearing/having jacket with you helps for multiple purposes, such as: when going for a change (hide ur fresh dips inside the jacket) or disposing a dirty one, also help if you accidentally leaked, just wear the jacket like a belt. another huge tip: stop readjusting, enjoy your day as if dips isnt there (a good friend said this to me. the more conscious im, the more obvious it is to others)

edit: it might seem a good idea to wear a tight pants over the diaper, but it has cons such as less diaper performance and might increase ur awareness that you are wearing one

Last edited:
I'll mention that I wear ABU BareBum, not sure how those range on the scale of thickness, but I definitely know they aren't too bad.

Thanks for the advice so far.

BareBum diapers are one of my favorite discreet daytime diapers. I like the print on them, not overwhelming, quite pleasing baby print even though I am DL and not AB.

I wear drynites as they are thin and every now and again they ride up above my waist and they just look like normal underwear. Even when I massively mess and they become huge, it’s still very discreet.

ronnieM said:
considering i've read that parents have noticed abdls' "pee faces" before, this is probably true.
this has been my experience, my parents both say I have a "pee face", especially my Mom.
but your parents are way more familiar with you and pay more attention to you than strangers in public do. I don't think I have a "pee face" and OP's parents might just have an eye for the outline of the diaper

Harley07 said:
I've been wearing 24/7 for 8 years and no one has ever said anything other than immediate family and friends that know I wear.... Loose pants, long shirts, I'm at the point now I don't go showing my diaper off but I'm not mortified is someone see's it either....
Yeah this one. I've only been 24/7 for 6 months in the last year, and at this point I'm like... dude if someone points out my diaper, that's on them. I'm not gonna go to great lengths and stress myself out about hiding it tho cuz it's a fact of life for me.

Its been 6.5 years for me wearing 24/7 and Im way past the point of worrying if some one notices my diaper, I wear betterdry or tykables cammies with a plain coloured onesie and pants one size up and no on has said anything. The onesie helps keep the diaper inplace and prevents it from being seen if my shirt rides up. My favourite onesies are Tykables snappies and their romper version as they are comfortable and the romper seems to work the best as its more snug .

Most people are so intrenched in their daily life they won’t notice your diaper and the extra bulk down stairs even your coworkers will get use to seeing you with the extra bulk and will think nothing of it.

Frungie said:
BareBum diapers are one of my favorite discreet daytime diapers. I like the print on them, not overwhelming, quite pleasing baby print even though I am DL and not AB.
I am also DL, but I tend to not be too choosy when it comes to prints. As long as it isn't something pink or too babyish looking.

Back