Trade schools?

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I was wondering if there is any trade school that function online? I live in a small town and don't have many options.

A few years ago, I was looking at,
But I couldn't get funding and, in truth, making a living from it would be nigh on impossible around these parts.

The Open University does a well accredited online bookkeeping course; but there are issues with making a living from bookkeeping now that there are apps available for small businesses.
Despite that, it'd still be a feather in your cap, but you will still need to get good practical experience before becoming self-employed/freelance.

Hands-on jobs usually require hands-on training as, by their nature, lives and property are at risk, so your attitude, along with your practical competence, will be under scrutiny.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I don't know what correspondence courses are like today, since the invention of the internet, but it might be worthwhile to look into it. Back in the day I took two TV repair courses that actually gave me a pretty good understanding of electronics and electron theory, which helped a lot in my later career. Nothing was done online. All the books were sent through the mail along with a lot of equipment for hands-on learning. I received the parts to build a VTVM (vacuum tube volt meter(?)), an oscilloscope, a vectorscope, 2 TVs, and some other things. I have no idea what a course like that would cost today, or if they even exist, but it was definitely worthwhile for me.

Reactions: Lyokodl
I am in trade school for hvac in toronto canada and its gone back to normal night classes we have two days a week in class and one day on weekend for practical

Back