Too Old for Videogames?

ShyBoo81

Just a simple guy who likes cute things
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Not trying to bash on anyone 25 and older who still play videogames. But is there anyone here who used to be a gamer, but dont play anymore because you’re too old for videogames?

I ask this because I used to think I’d be a gamer well into my 30s, but nowadays Im NOT into them anymore (and Im only 27!) I fear this is a sign that Im beginning to lose my youth, and that Im getting old 🙁 Just hoping Im not the only one…

Last edited:
Reactions: Etienne, MetalDan86, fleckothefennec and 2 others
I’ve never considered myself a gamer, but I’m in my 30s and still play video games. Well not as much as I used to. I’ve changed a little bit still enjoy games but just don’t really have the time. But as my kids get older I hope to play some more with them.

Reactions: Etienne, Kirisin, plushieboi and 2 others
I definitely still play them, but not as much, and not terribly interested in new games as I used to be. I pick up a few during each steam sale, but that's about it. I play for fun and with friends, not as a lifestyle or anything.

• Love
Reactions: Etienne, KrankyPants and ShyBoo81
Im 38 and still very much play video games. Obviously I have other things to deal with in life that don't allow me to spend as much time enjoying them, but I still spend a fair bit of time playing them. Been checking out the newest Forza Horizon game all weekend 😁

Reactions: ShyBoo81
Real life priorities have taken over.
I also have found it much more fulfilling & rewarding to have real life hobbies as I get older - I just do not care at all about what I 'accomplish' in video games.

I mostly play building + management type of games ( ie: Factorio, Dwarf Fortress, OpenTTD, e.t.c. ). I tend to burn out very very quickly of whatever I am playing.

Last edited:
30+ and still love playing video games. Had a few years i played too much, but this story is for another time. My focus just changed a bit and now i even try to be the one who develops games - interesting perspectiv.
But i have new hobbies that i give more priority, like sport (climbing, bouldering, jogging, yoga), so video games are left behind a bit.

And: You are never too old for video games.

Reactions: Kirisin, Deleted member 51496, PlastiBrain and 1 other person
I'm in my 30s and make video games (well I'm getting there), as well as playing them of course. But I do know people who used to play games and then stopped playing them as they got older, so I guess it just depends on you and I wouldn't see as a sign of losing your youth, never too old for video games.

Reactions: Kirisin and ShyBoo81
I’m 30 and still play video games being physically disabled and living in area with mostly older people the activities I can do are limited especially since I don’t drive (I wasn’t sure I can because of disability my uncle also has it and is banned from driving) I would never have classed myself as a gamer I got my first console when I was 11 (2002) it was a second hand N64 from my cousins who had recently invested in a Xbox. Playing video games at thirty is not weird and if you think about it some games are designed for older teenagers like GTA (a franchise I hate because of the content) and the Assassins Creed franchise (which I really enjoy). If video games are something you enjoy go ahead and play.

I used to play so much more when i was younger playstation and pc...still waiting for half life 3...But i dont think it has to do with age of the person... the industry has changed. Now they want you to play online with loot boxes, new skins and credit cards. We used to go out buy a game and it sank or swam on what it was... Now they dont care.Hell they dont even finish the game before release anymore. And people eat it up, so there is no need to go back to the good times. Its not us getting older its them getting greedy 😄

I pretty much quit playing video games because they are time consuming for me, they put too much stress on myself, and I don't think I'm a gamer at heart.

Normally I'll play a few of my old games from time to time; but that's about it.

You're never too old for video games. There are plenty of other things to do though. It's fine if you're doing other things. And it sometimes seems like amazing games are becoming fewer and further between anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kirisin, Woomy and ShyBoo81
ShyBoo81 said:
Not trying to bash on anyone 25 and older who still play videogames. But is there anyone here who used to be a gamer, but dont play anymore because you’re too old for videogames?

I ask this because I used to think I’d be a gamer well into my 30s, but nowadays Im NOT into them anymore (and Im only 27!) I fear this is a sign that Im beginning to lose my youth, and that Im getting old 🙁 Just hoping Im not the only one…
It is like a big wave for me. I have a few weeks off and a few weeks on. I'm on again right now, but I was off for about 10 days from the last time I updated my YT channel. I have found that since I started playing on PC, 16 years ago, I find a lot more to do than just play games, however, when I play a game, I get pretty serious for about 16 hours week.

When I was on console, before online console days, I would play the same game from sun up to sun down on the weekends. I never thought about it as seriously as I do now, though. Nowadays, I am more competitive because I realize there are other enthusiasts.

KitsuneFox said:
Real life priorities have taken over.
I also have found it much more fulfilling & rewarding to have real life hobbies as I get older - I just do not care at all about what I 'accomplish' in video games.
I knew it somebody would mention this lol! Thats mostly why I stopped playing videogames, cause theres certain things I rather do IRL. For example: I love sports cars, motorcycles, & trucks. But surprisingly I never got into racing games cause honestly I rather experience driving a car IRL, not in a virtual world. Only racing game I ever liked is Mario Kart cause its fun, and its something you cant do IRL.

If I ever comeback into gaming I'll probably play something fictional, one where there is no real life counterpart to it (Besides fantasy RPG. I just cannot get into those 😅)

KrankyPants said:
It is like a big wave for me. I have a few weeks off and a few weeks on. I'm on again right now, but I was off for about 10 days from the last time I updated my YT channel. I have found that since I started playing on PC, 16 years ago, I find a lot more to do than just play games, however, when I play a game, I get pretty serious for about 16 hours week.

When I was on console, before online console days, I would play the same game from sun up to sun down on the weekends. I never thought about it as seriously as I do now, though. Nowadays, I am more competitive because I realize there are other enthusiasts.
Ive been tempted to get into racing sims like the ones you play, especially since I have actual money to splurge on an awesome $1000+ gaming setup. And its much much cheaper than owning/maintaining a real car. But Im hesitant to cause I fear all that time & money spent on videogames will bring me farther away from being able to afford my 1st dream car.

Also Im already in this whole cutesy ABDL rabbit hole. Cant afford to get myself into another rabbit hole lol 🤣

• Love
Reactions: Kirisin and KrankyPants
I played for years but when I started writing my novel, I quit playing and never returned. Now I'd rather play the piano.

Reactions: Kirisin, fleckothefennec and Cottontail
Since I'm in college and have a decent amount of free time I get to play video games a LOT

One of my favorite activities to do in a diap

In the 80's, I was as much a gamer as it was possible to be. Back then, the term "gamer" didn't really exist, though. If playing video games was something you did a lot of, you were more likely to be called a "Nintendo nerd." :)

These days, I have too many other hobbies. I do still enjoy video games, but because I'll often go weeks between sessions, I find it difficult to get into a lot of the newer titles. Every time I sit down, it's like I have to learn how to play all over again. For that reason, I tend to mostly play older NES and SNES titles that I enjoyed in my youth.

Yeah, that was one of the things that happened to me. It seemed the games got more complicated and I kept getting frustrated. I'd buy a manual to help get me around and I had trouble with the small print. Getting older sucks especially when it come to playing games. Now Squidgames. Yeah.....I can do that! Now lets see.....cut out the cookie. Don't break it. I've got this..yeah...oh shit....broken cookie?

ShyBoo81 said:
Ive been tempted to get into racing sims like the ones you play, especially since I have actual money to splurge on an awesome $1000+ gaming setup. And its much much cheaper than owning/maintaining a real car. But Im hesitant to cause I fear all that time & money spent on videogames will bring me farther away from being able to afford my 1st dream car.

Also Im already in this whole cutesy ABDL rabbit hole. Cant afford to get myself into another rabbit hole lol 🤣
As thet say, the smaller the ball the more expensive the sport! I actually stopped cycling for a while when I was building my first system. Nowadays, I do generally pick diapers over everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kirisin, nuritsubusu and ShyBoo81
I'm not an avid gamer but I'm 26 and still play video games.

Reactions: KrankyPants
Back