Toilet Training Age Poll?

How old were you when you were potty trained and no longer wore diapers during the daytime

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hex000f said:
Its good to see that 3 has the most votes and depressing to see 2 so close to it. I've read from various sources listed below that training before 3 promotes all sorts of bad bladder and bowel habits and heard that its more difficult for both parent and child.

I passed the below sources onto some friends and family who were new mothers when I could do so in a socially natural way. I double checked the author's credentials before I sent anyone anything just to be sure I wouldn't look like a weirdo for making suggestion since I don't have child care experience. I still have the email I sent to some family members a while ago so here are all the sources I found.
Written by a real doctor:
With his own website:
edit: This site has changed a lot since I last looked at it.
Another doctor supports it:
and here are his credentials:

Also, a prominent site in the UK says the same thing:

I checked their credentials too:
I doubt the potty train before 3 thing. Why would it matter for your bladder if you go in your diaper or to the toilet?

parktochter said:
I doubt the potty train before 3 thing. Why would it matter for your bladder if you go in your diaper or to the toilet?
Didn't you read the first article? Its because children who were trained younger tend to hold for far too long.

hex000f said:
Didn't you read the first article? Its because children who were trained younger tend to hold for far too long.
in the article it says before 2 "could" development issues. And not during you are 2. And normaly you would rather pee your pants than damaging your bladder by holding it too long especially as a 2 year old.

My mother said I was pretty much potty trained during the day by the time I was 3. From 3-4 maybe the occasional wet pants, but out of day diapers at 3.

Back