Toilet Training Age Poll?

How old were you when you were potty trained and no longer wore diapers during the daytime

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Halibut

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
It's been a while since we've had one of these polls so I decided to make another one
You can choose multiple options if you have a foggy memory or a strange potty training history

3.5 here

4yrs but its because my mom forced take me out of diapers I had some accidents in daytime "not pee"... Until 10yrs. that was real accidents btw but she's never put me back in diapers. 😅 But yes I remember I wanted to wear a diaper at that age!

I was accident free from Kindergarten till 3rd grade, but had a mean and nasty 4th grade teacher that literally scared the shit out of me in class. A very embarrassing year. Glad I can look back on it and laugh. :LOL:

Probably when I was 3 or 3 1/2. I was adopted at the age of two and I can remember my mom changing my diaper so I was probably 3 +.

I potty-trained at 6

I chose both 2 and 3. I honestly don't recall; but, I assume it was between 2 1/2 and 3 1/2. There is nobody I can ask; but, I never heard stories about me being difficult to potty train. What I do remember quite well was that I stopped sucking my thumb at age 8 or 9 after my best friend came up to my room unannounced and caught me. My mom had let him in the house and directed him to my room so we could play. I was totally embarrassed.

I was diapered during the day until I was 7. My sister was the same.

MiloTheKitten said:
I potty-trained at 6
Lyric said:
I was diapered during the day until I was 7. My sister was the same.
I'm surprised, it's a lot more people than last time ^w^
What was it like to grow up like that.

Reactions: LilByte, parktochter and Lyric
I was out of diapers just as I turned 2. That was pretty ordinary in Canada at the time (mid 1960s), though it seems harsh and early to me now.

As a kid I thought of wearing diapers as gross and embarrassing and taboo. I was embarrassed even to have needed them and been changed by my parents as a baby. That probably tells you a lot about my shame-based toilet training — which I can’t remember at all. I just carry the effects.

I certainly don't remember. As far as I can tell for previous conversations with my mother, I was probably 18 to 24 months but I am not sure.

I was started at 2 but accidents plus me not wanting to stop playing delayed it to 4, plus when I would wet I would wet a lot which made using training pants useless because one wetting made them leak so it was diapers until 4

I was in and out of diapers between 3 & 5. At 6 I stopped wearing them, but still had occasional accidents throughout my life.

I transitioned well from daytime diapers to underwear around 3 years old . I also had very few accidents as well. I wore for a while at night only after that. Then there was a period of training pants. Big kinda poofy ones with a a few flannel layers and a vinyl outer cover. This was the 70s and there werent pullups training pants yet. I took quite a liking to those training pants. They felt so thick and had the plastic rustling surface. I will still once in a while pull on one of those adult trainers for that nostalgic feel today.

SicartheaSpikefan said:
I'm surprised, it's a lot more people than last time ^w^
What was it like to grow up like that.
Lucky, I wish my mum would put me in nappies and change my pooey bottom

Reactions: Deleted member 43998
My mother says one day I said I was done and didn't need diapers anymore, and that was that.

...or not!

Last edited:
I was born in 1947 and I was trained by 2 years according to my baby book. I don't remember details for myself. But I saw a lot of others being trained in the early 1950s. Just about any and all methods used were strict. long stays strapped to the potty chair. enemas or suppositories so you pooped when mom wanted you to. and spankings for soiling your training pants.

SicartheaSpikefan said:
It's been a while since we've had one of these polls so I decided to make another one
You can choose multiple options if you have a foggy memory or a strange potty training history
My Mother had a terrible time getting me out of nappies to start school.

I was potty trained when I was 4. However, I did have a handful of accidents after being trained along with a handful of bedwetting events. Making it to the toilet has often not been the easiest thing for me. However, I went accident free for quite a few years with some help from things like peeing in a cup. I have had a few accidents and bedwetting events in the past year though, so I don't know what's up with that. Either way, I've never really "required" protection after potty training. So I went without diapers for many years and still do when I'm not having my diaper fun.

Back