The most alien of all STAR TREK aliens.
The episodes involving Species 8472 are wild

caitianx said:
SPECIES 8472 eat BORG for Breakfast...
The most alien of all STAR TREK aliens.
So they taste like chicken then🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Kirisin and dogboy
Starting season 2 of Voyager the episode is called The Thirty Sevens. They meet Amelia Earhart who is a abducted from earth and brought to a planet in the Delta Quadrant along with 37 others. It's a silly way to open a season. Feeling kinda restless so I'll probably be watching a few more before I actually fall asleep.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
CLeazy928 said:
Who here is a Trek fan? How long have you been a fan? What is your favorite series? Do you have a particular favorite episode or movie? Who are your favorite characters?

I started watching in 2014. My favorite series is Deep Space Nine. My favorite episode might be The Visitor from DS9 (it's kinda hard to narrow a specific episode as a favorite). My favorite characters are Jadzia Dax, Chief O'Brien, basically all Ferengi and Beverly Crusher from The Next Generation.

My favorite series is New Generation and Vojager, because they show up nostalgic morality of the past, but well-done graphics compares to original series, also love Enterprise (2000) series, my the best:

from Enterprise: opening music, captain itself, parallel reality storyline explanation, the first contact explanation and explanation of Vulcan.
from New Generation: captain itself, the Q,
from Vojager: 7/9 explanation, BORG explanation

I found DS9 also interesting for explanation of the Dominion, metamophs and etc.
I've seen all series of the Trek, but new ones is about more action less thinking, yes they are also interesting and with nice graphics, but having less background and talk scenes.

One of my favourite episodes of the original Star Trek series, is "Shore Leave", when the crew of the 'Enterprise' find themselves on a planet which acts as a kind of amusement park for an alien race. (All you have to do is think of something and it is created for you.)

I like this episode, because of the scene where Dr.McCoy encounters Alice in Wonderland. (I have a 'thing' for the Alice dress, so much so that I like to dress up as her!).🙂
20230629_144940~2.jpg

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and dogboy
I remember that episode and enjoyed it. My wife and I would watch the series together as she enjoyed them as well.

There are strong links between the original Star Trek and another classic series The Outer Limits. William Shatner starred in "Cold Hands, Warm Heart" as an astronaut who cannot keep warm after returning from a mission to Venus. Leonard Nimoy also appeared in two episodes - "I, Robot" and "Production and Decay of Strange Particles".

The creature costume from "Fun and Games" was used in the Star Trek episodes "The Cage/Menagerie ", in which Capt. Pike tussles with it. I think that the alien microbe in the Outer Limits episode "The Probe"was used as the basis of the Horta in the classic Star Trek story "The Devil in the Dark ".

Writers such as Harlan Ellison also wrote for both series. Joseph Stefano, the main man behind the Outer Limits, also wrote Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Skin of Evil", featuring Armus, the oil/tar-like malevolent entity - a typical Stefano monster (or " bear" as he used to refer to the Outer Limits aliens/monsters).

As I said, strong links between the two series.

There would be remember props are expensive. If you could use them from another show or movie saving money. You always had to worry about production costs.
Plus actors were not paid a lot like they are now. So they worked a lot of shows . They were not famous yet lol.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Kirisin
Starting S5E1 of Voyager. After Voyager ends I'm either gonna go through DS9 again or perhaps tear through Strange New Worlds. I'm really excited for the newest season of Strange New Worlds, I wonder when it'll come out!

foxkits said:
There would be remember props are expensive. If you could use them from another show or movie saving money. You always had to worry about production costs.
Plus actors were not paid a lot like they are now. So they worked a lot of shows . They were not famous yet lol.
Your exactly right props for start Trek where used and reused. Some props even rolled from 1 series to another. I think in an earlier post I explained. Had it not been for Lucille Ball Star Trek would never have made it. Lucy believed in it so much that she sunk her own money into Desilu productions to give Star Trek a chance. THANK GOD FOR LUCY. I LOVE LUCY!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and foxkits
Just started working on this:
STAR TREK: HAVE PHASER - WILL TRAVEL
Episode #1 -
"Any Flyable Shitbox Will Do..."
Main Character:
An elderly Caitian, formerly with SECTION 31.

Reactions: Sissyleslie
Back