Tips for traveling ? (Via plane / needed to wear)

Magicalgirl101

小姐 🌸💐🪷🌹🏵
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Hello all,

I am going on vacation in a few days and im totally clueless in regards to traveling while wearing diapers / being IC especially going through TSA etc.

Any tips will be appreciated 💕

Reactions: diaperedinlongisland, Jorelaxed and Diprs2
I just traveled in my nappy the other day. No issues with security, the only thing I would suggest is that you maybe avoid using any kind of powder before you go through security. I'm sure the TSA has seen their fair share of people wearing. The best feeling was watching the line up for the bathroom while peeing in my seat.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Diprs2 and Magicalgirl101
Try your best to be dry when you go through the scanners
No metal
I typically wear just some track pants and a t shirt over my diaper, nothing in my pockets.

Reactions: Edgewater, Jorelaxed, Magicalgirl101 and 1 other person
I'm sure airport security will have encountered many diapers, and be respectful. If I was IC and had to wear a diaper, I wouldn't be concerned about this at all.

I'm sure you'll hear the same, and probably more in the Incontinence section.

Reactions: Edgewater, Jorelaxed and Diprs2
This has been developed several time, may I recommend you to search in the forums?
Anyway, I've been through TSA countless of times withtout issue.
Try to be dry going through, especially in the full body scans that sees liquids.
If they pat you down, don't worry, 80% of times they even don't notice and if they, just say it's a protection of IC and it's ok
If they go through your bags, they never say anything, they see diapers everyday.
If you bring powder with you, it might generate a bag opening (it is difficult for them to understand it's not a liquid), so avoid it.

It's a non issue, a non problem and remember, every flight has probably someone wearing some sort of absorbent underwear.

Reactions: Edgewater and Magicalgirl101
Just wear a diaper that is snug fitting.

Reactions: Magicalgirl101 and Edgewater
You must have recently become Incontinent as the common issues that you face on nearly a daily bases being out and about is the same as flying while wearing. Like a car trip, starting out with a well used diaper is not recommended. Wearing a light diaper and changing to you high-quality, high-volume diaper after your TSA inspection, just prior to boarding is a tried and true method.

As well covered above, TSA has a long history of coming across IC folks who travel diapered.

Reactions: barbiejoanne
I completely agree with what everyone above has said. I would emphasize the going through with a dry one.
Years ago I was late getting to the airport and didn't have time to change before TSA. I was pulled to the side, my bag gone through completely (in private) asked to go change into a dry one, and then re-scanned. This took some time and I barely caught my flight.

This is my one and only bad experience with TSA and my IC. Now the airlines losing my baggage is another long story......

Barbara

• Wow
Reactions: Fraggle, Edgewater, craigd1341 and 1 other person
barbiejoanne said:
I completely agree with what everyone above has said. I would emphasize the going through with a dry one.
Years ago I was late getting to the airport and didn't have time to change before TSA. I was pulled to the side, my bag gone through completely (in private) asked to go change into a dry one, and then re-scanned. This took some time and I barely caught my flight.

This is my one and only bad experience with TSA and my IC. Now the airlines losing my baggage is another long story......

Barbara
Why would TSA care if the it's wet?
Maybe the scanner can't see through liquid?

Reactions: Edgewater
HugeBulge said:
Why would TSA care if the it's wet?
Maybe the scanner can't see through liquid?
it was a few years ago when the full body scanners were just coming out. I assume it detected the bulk of my wet diaper as an anomaly and flagged that part of my body. Even after changing and being res-canned, I was politely patted down and then sent on my way.
I assumed it was part of the learning curve for the TSA at that airport. I have never had an issue since, even if slightly damp

barbiejoanne said:
it was a few years ago when the full body scanners were just coming out. I assume it detected the bulk of my wet diaper as an anomaly and flagged that part of my body. Even after changing and being res-canned, I was politely patted down and then sent on my way.
I assumed it was part of the learning curve for the TSA at that airport. I have never had an issue since, even if slightly damp
Hm. Interesting. Thanks for explaining.

Reactions: barbiejoanne and Edgewater
The last time I went flying, I had a bunch of diapers in my carry-on. After going through TSA, I discreetly changed in a bathroom. I believe I was wearing a Pampers Cruisers size 7 (back when the sides were stretchy too!), a Drynites, and a Bambino classic all at once. By the end of the 13-hour flight, the Pampers and Drynites were toast. Thank God the Bambino was on to hold it all together! It felt amazing, especially since I was on my own row in first class :)

Back