Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Yeah...

So I'm incontinent and I don't really splurge on the more expensive ABDL diapers at all really. I tend to stick to diapers that are medical an that I can find and snag on a sale. But here's the thing. I realized that my go to diapers like Abena M4s have recently jumped in price. I remember back a few years ago, They were about 14 for about 20 bucks. Now it's 14 for 28 bucks.

And now I'm starting to worry since I'm a student and not in a position to spend all my money on diapers what alternatives there really are. For me, I use M4s at nighttime since I do fit into small sizes but they don't offer enough coverage in the back for me to feel safe and secure using them at night.

Since I'm in a dorm... I'm not sure how feasible cloth diapers would be. And yes I am saying this in advance so that I don't get suggestions about cloth being cheaper. I do know. But I'm also a student who doesn't have their own laundry facilities since I'm in a dorm.

So I guess now I'm starting to wonder about tips to get my diaper spending down. I am a size small in most brands with a 25 inch waist so... I guess in the daytime I would be open to trying baby diapers for short stints of time or using them as boosters or something but... I guess I am just looking for some tips and advice here

It’s a new world we live in, inflation has impacted everything.

You mentioned you’re open to baby diapers, and as wild and crazy as that sounds it’s actually very possible.

My waist measures 39” and I wear medium size adult diapers; and I have successfully worn Pampers. I’m serious when I say that Pampers are more reliable than adult Depends.

I created a thread if you’re interested in more info; you can see how well they fit me at 39”.

Reactions: Milianna
neophyte said:
It’s a new world we live in, inflation has impacted everything.

You mentioned you’re open to baby diapers, and as wild and crazy as that sounds it’s actually very possible.

My waist measures 39” and I wear medium size adult diapers; and I have successfully worn Pampers. I’m serious when I say that Pampers are more reliable than adult Depends.

I created a thread if you’re interested in more info; you can see how well they fit me at 39”.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you get pampers size 7?

I have checked all my local grocery stores and it appears that they don't have them... though it looks like it's worth ordering them on amazon or something... I don't know really.

So full disclosure I am not incontinent, just interested in finding deals. The most cost beneficial thing that you can do especially if you wear daily is to buy in bulk. Now, I completely understand that as a college student this can be difficult especially if you have roommates. I would recommend purchasing a colored plastic storage tub to either hide in your closet/under bed or out in your car. That way you can order in bulk and keep the cost down.

Now in regards to the diapers themselves, $2/diaper is a very tough price point to beat. Now, I think I have found some deals that can match that point with a better quality for overnight. Some of these may be Black Friday sales, so I don't know how available they'll be. All of these are around $2/diaper at the moment for a case.

Rearz:
Violet ($1.91/diaper) - https://rearz.ca/violet-seduction-briefs/
InControl ($1.83/diaper) - https://rearz.ca/incontrol-original/

NorthShore:
BetterDry ($2/diaper) - https://www.northshorecare.com/adul...erdry-m10-medium-tab-style-briefs-case60-415s
AirSupreme ($1.63/diaper) - https://www.northshorecare.com/adul...airsupreme-tab-style-briefs-small-case80-420s

Bambino (slower shipping as a heads up):
Bianco Ultra ($2/diaper) - https://bambinodiapers.com/collecti...etch-all-white-diapers?variant=38069031141555
Bianco ($1.72/diaper) - https://bambinodiapers.com/collecti...anco-all-white-diapers?variant=41437707468979
Bloomeez ($1.72/diaper) - https://bambinodiapers.com/collecti...all-over-print-diapers?variant=41437721329843

I was in the middle of a price comparison for last minute Black Friday sales, so this was good timing haha

For day wearing depending on how severe it is, you may be able to get away with store bought ones like the Assurance at Walmart. While they are not great overall, they can be a cost effective alternative. My pause with baby diapers as boosters would first be the hassle in cutting off the wings and putting significant holes in the shell to function properly but also the need to do it well each time. I've tried something similar with ABDL diapers that I've accidentally ripped the tapes off of before, and I have leaked just about every time. The biggest tip I can give would be to check local thrift shops/goodwill for diapers there. Usually none of it will be good enough for heavy/overnight use, but I've seen plenty that would be ok for lighter use

Last edited:
Reactions: abdl86 and Milianna
cloth, initial outlay high long term cost cheap.

Now in regards to the diapers themselves, $2/diaper is a very tough price point to beat
I use TENA Super for overnight. It is lacking guards but otherwise works quite well. I am able to buy these for about 1$ Cdn each.

Because they are cloth backed, you will need plastic pants or other suitable cover with these because they do sometimes weep a little. Depending upon your daytime needs, you may be able to get by with lesser products like the TENA Ultra, or if very light, the TENA Classic. The thing about these cloth-backed products is that you don't keep paying for the plastic backed material because you re-use the plastic pants.

Check out LL Medico for ATNs

Reactions: tommytemper
Try searching at thrift shops, I tend to find adult diapers between $0.10 and 0.25 each. My most recent purchase was several packs of Prevail Extended Wear, 18 to a pack for only $1.50 so less then .10 each, many people on here would criticize them but they do the trick most the time, they would hold more then a baby diaper, and if need to get better diapers for overnight.

Also if you haven't tried them look into ATN's, i think you can still find them under $1 each from some retailers when ordered by the case. You can request a sample from Tranquility if you want to try them.

Reactions: surprise35
do a google search for

disposable Adult mesh pants for fix incontinence diapers​

if you don't wet too much, this could save you some money just using pads.
also you could use a waterproof pants over the pad, then the mesh pants.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

It's definitely given me plenty to think about and consider given the circumstances.

In terms of a lot of different variables, I am a bit wary and leery of some things because of the fact I'm urge incontinent. So I dont really dribble but I do have discreet wettings that vary hence why things like net pants wouldn't work out.

As for cloth, I've considered it. I'm open to the idea and not entirely diametrically but as I've mentioned before, I'm a student who lives in a dorm so I do not have access to my own laundry facilities and to my knowledge, there aren't any nearby laundromats that I can take cloth diapers to off campus to dry and wash them. Hence why my preference is strongly for disposables at this point

I often find brands like Tena on sale at my local pharmacies. I often feel better about my own incontinence because of the rapidly increasing incontinence aisles at pharmacies and Walmart, where they often have sales on Tena or Depend. While these are not premium brands the cost is often very worth it for daytime use when it is easier to change.
I do find the thrift stores mostly just have the pull-up style ones so I don't buy them but they are often there.
I also find the Tranquility ATN to be a decent diaper, especially for the price.

Walmart in the US and Canada seem to have the best prices if you can live with the brands they carry (including TENA).

My opinion: use the right products! As my incontinence started, I used Tena Pants. With increase of my urges, I needed up to 4 pants over the day, with cost of around 1,- / piece. After trying out other options/brands, I ended up with Attends Flex, costing only 0,67/piece and needing only 2 of them over the day! (prices relate to Germany)

Back