Thrifting for diapers

I've never looked for diapers at a thrift store, I usually don't find any I suppose! Might be worth a shot looking on Facebook Marketplace though.

Harut said:
Never had any luck. Seem to always bee the cheap pharmacy brands lol
Right? That's all I see. One time a long time ago, I saw some Abena sample packs on the shelf, picked it up to get a better look at it, but unfortunately, I was with my dad, so I left them behind.

I think most my diapers have come from thrift stores, most are just your average adult diapers, but I am ok with that. I mainly wear to bed and wet them while eating breakfast or getting ready the next day so I don't really need them to hold more than 1 wetting. When I do find better ones I tend to save them for the weekends or road trips.

Some of the better ones I have found, over the years.
Plastic backed M4s a few times, as well as cloth backed M4's and L4's
A pack of tie dye magamax's, as well as the free sample packs a few times.
A pack of Bambino's
I don't remember the brand now, but a couple packs of diapers that are from the company that probably makes the diapers for Bambino. (they are the same other than the landing zone tapes just have the brand name on them)
A couple packs of In-control Inspire and Inspire+
The old plastic backed MoliCare
A pack of the original XL goodnites. (yes pre-trim fit)
and just today a pack of BetterDry

I would say on average I find something extra good or rare about once a year.

Also lots of vintage diapers that aren't always the best but are fun to get and try.

• Wow
Reactions: TigerDL and southeastlittle
I saw abdl patterned diapers once, but was not at the point of actually buying diapers for myself. I would these days though lol

tommytemper said:
I think most my diapers have come from thrift stores, most are just your average adult diapers, but I am ok with that. I mainly wear to bed and wet them while eating breakfast or getting ready the next day so I don't really need them to hold more than 1 wetting. When I do find better ones I tend to save them for the weekends or road trips.

Some of the better ones I have found, over the years.
Plastic backed M4s a few times, as well as cloth backed M4's and L4's
A pack of tie dye magamax's, as well as the free sample packs a few times.
A pack of Bambino's
I don't remember the brand now, but a couple packs of diapers that are from the company that probably makes the diapers for Bambino. (they are the same other than the landing zone tapes just have the brand name on them)
A couple packs of In-control Inspire and Inspire+
The old plastic backed MoliCare
A pack of the original XL goodnites. (yes pre-trim fit)
and just today a pack of BetterDry

I would say on average I find something extra good or rare about once a year.

Also lots of vintage diapers that aren't always the best but are fun to get and try.
Wow. You must cover a large area of real estate for that quantity of good stuff.

Yes, I love going thrift store shopping and looking for diapers. I yeah I'm keeping an eye out for the original '90s goodnights but I find good brands of different diapers

• Love
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy
BigCyka99 said:
Does anyone else enjoy going to thrift stores for diapers? For me it’s really fun to gamble going to multiple thrift stores seeing if any have any good diapers.
My best bargain was 12 packs of tena slip £1.99 each pack

It's definitely become more difficult to find things. Not sure the cause.

I’ve never found Abdl diapers in thrift stores. Today I visited 4 big thrift stores and found a rack full of coviden wings XL’s in one so I grabbed a couple of packs for like $6 each. I was 100 miles from home so I walked around with them like a boss. They’re bland and boring on their own but when you fluff them up and double or triple layer them with your favorite plastic pants they can become poof city! A few years ago I was in a hospital run thrift store that had a literal diaper mountain of what I think were Confidry 24/7’s or some other crazy thick white plastic backed diapers. probably 50-75 packs stacked to the ceiling. It was epic!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, Subtlerustle and Goodnitesdude0127
I was hoping this opportunity would happen again, and it FINALLY HAPPENED! Today, I found three sample packs of blue size medium Megamaxes at my Salvation Army for only $1.99 each!!! Granted, I have about a 26-27 inch waist, but I will find a way to try at least one of them!!!

Attachments

• 20240502_194146.jpg
    20240502_194146.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Subtlerustle, Lostdiapersboy and depta99
Goodnitesdude0127 said:
I was hoping this opportunity would happen again, and it FINALLY HAPPENED! Today, I found three sample packs of blue size medium Megamaxes at my Salvation Army for only $1.99 each!!! Granted, I have about a 26-27 inch waist, but I will find a way to try at least one of them!!!
Bummer they're only 1 packs. Some NS samples are 2x or even 4x. Still pretty amazing to find NS at a thrift store.

Reactions: Goodnitesdude0127 and Lostdiapersboy
depta99 said:
Bummer they're only 1 packs. Some NS samples are 2x or even 4x. Still pretty amazing to find NS at a thrift store.
Thanks, I still can't believe that I found these!

Reactions: Subtlerustle
Back