This is not going to work. Diapers not designed for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

calranthe

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
After over a year of trying I am at the point of giving up.

Let's start at the beginning for a short summary.

At 45 I was put on medication which caused nocturia (increased bedtime need to pee) and which caused edema (increased body water retention).

This meant that I had to get up 5-7 times a night to relieve myself, as you can imagine this destroyed my energy levels.

I always had an interest in Diaper play and so after a discussion with my wife I decided to wear at night, it worked, after 2 months I got my first full night sleep but the down side was the leakage.

(my wife is disabled and has her own bed downstairs for dialysis so it did not affect her)

I had waterproof covers for both the bed, duvet and pillows, always had a latex/pvc fetish so this was heaven for me.
Two rewashable mats that absorbed most of the leakage.

I tried the best 5000ml brands, highest absorbancy, I tried Terry, I tried 3-5 layers, I tried bloomer style plastic pants.

But nothing could handle the volume of liquid (due to how the body works most people pass a lot less urine during the night than day) I pass about 4L, in 500ml goes and I sleep on my side.

I do all the washing so I deal with all the mess but it is getting to the point the upstairs smells like a urinal and I have to keep the windows open, I am at a loss.

I have tried not sleeping on my side, one of those people who can't.

Sadly I think that I will have to go back to bathroom journies during the night.

If anyone has suggestions please let me know.

I could probably get a job as a diaper tester lol.

Try BetterDry diapers I find them to be very absorbant and work great for me as a side sleeper, you may have to change at some point in the night. if you are peeing that much you should see an urologist to get checked out (bladder size) my bladder has stretched due to my volume.
a foley catheter may be a good idea but your urologist will make that call.

4000ml overnight is certainly extreme. I would be concerned if your medication is causing such serious side effects, I would highly recommend talking to your dr first. As far as diapers go try Abu simple ultra or peakabu they are incredible on what they hold without leaking. They will reliably hold that amount but would certainly speak to your dr first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may seem like a worrying amount of liquid but I probably have not explained it well, see due to the medication I get Edema which means simply that fluid builds up on the legs and feet, 1-3KG of liquid on a person my size is not that much Nocturia means you pee more at night anyway, now when you lay down with edema gravity is no longer pulling the liquid to your feet and thus that 1-3L of liquid join the normal nightly amount + Nocturia = 4-5L.

The paradox is my kidney's are working really well and thus shift that unneeded liquid from my legs while I lay down into my bladder and out.

Based on your messages, it sounds like your doctor knows about your condition (since your doctor prescribed the diuretic). It also sounds like you've tried a variety of things so my suggestions might not work for you but please consider the following:

1. Use plastic or rubber pants. Not all are created equal. Find one that works for you. You might try the bloomer style if you're leaking from the legs. You might try extra high ones if you're leaking out of the top. Tears has one that gotta all the way up to the chest of the extra high is not enough. (I've tried both the bloomer and the chest high ones in the past -not necessarily at the same time but you could do that if necessary.)

2. Try a sock. It diffuses the urine output which can help slow it down giving the diaper a chance to soak it up. (It also helps distribute it a little.)

3. Consider using a full cloth diaper underneath a premium disposable diaper. It'll distribute the urine more effectively.

4. Consider using a cloth diaper over the premium to soak up any leaks.

5. Consider more layers of cloth diapers.

6. I have no experience with a catheter but consider one as well but I suspect that it'll be hard to find a big enough bag.

7. Keep using the bed pads and mattress protection.

8. Consider breaking up the sleep into two (nap after work perhaps) where your body can offload some of the water at different times.

Hopefully, some combination will work for you.

-Ieyasu

Would a catheter work?

Have you tried pointing your penis down inside the diaper? That way all the pee goes in the middle and back if the diaper.

I wonder if your Rx dosage is too high, if you're voiding that much?

I suspect you're going to have to lay on your back and use high capacity diapers. That's just too much to ask of any diaper when side-sleeping.

Since I am in continent I changed from side to back. I saw tests showings that diapers have about five time more capacity when used sleeping on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the suggestions I will get back to this thread once I have looked into it, will try some of the advice given and get back to you all :)

calranthe said:
Thank you for the suggestions I will get back to this thread once I have looked into it, will try some of the advice given and get back to you all :)
When you say cloth diapers, what kind of cloth diapers are you using?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Since you are not a bedwetter, you could always just use an empty container beside your bed and pee in that. At least you wouldn't have to get out of bed. Or you could try an external catheter with a very large storage bag. The truth is that short of a dozen layers of cloth, no diaper is going to hold that much.

The way I see it, your problem isn't hust having good enough diapers overnight, it's building up too much water in your legs during the day. I too have poor circulation in my legs, and used to have a similar problem as you (also a side sleeper). There are two ways to tackel this.

First, inquire about adding a water pill to your morning regimen. This will help your body from retaining all that water during the day, and as such will mean there is less there for you to pee out at night (though note it will take a few days for a LOT of excess water to pass before you level off). At the same time look into compression socks. I use over the counter doctor schols diabetic knee socks, and they help keep swelling in my legs down. (Though I'm not diabetic I do find they work well).

Second, only use the highest quality disposables out there. For me that would only be Betterdry or PeekABU. Also add in a size 1 baby diaper as a booster. Remove the tabs and cup up the baby diaper over your penis, then diaper up as usual. The baby diaper is surprisingly good at rapid acquisition, but then will slowly leak into your adult diaper, allowing it a better chance to wick and absorb those floods.

Oh, and theres actually a third thing you can do. 4 liters of water per day is on the very high side for water intake. The WHO recommends about 2+ liters per day. You can easily get away with half that intake and still be fine. Consider cutting your water intake down as this will directly correlate to you peeing less overnight. When I only take in 2 liters per day I can just manage to make 1 single Crinklz diaper last me 24 hours- including overnight sleeping on my side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back