• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

The Spectacular Arrival of Yakui! ☆

Cottontail said:
I'll be honest, I don't find much similarity in feel between cloth and disposable diapers, whether wet or dry, and I use both. I think the two are best approached as separate adventures. You may find, as I have, that each has a place in your "little" wardrobe. [...] Anyway! Always happy to advise. If you have more cloth questions though, definitely start a topic in the Diapers forum. Lots more eyes on that one, and I'm only one of many with a "thing" for cloth diapers.
Yes, absolutely! I'm trying to keep an open mind and understanding of differences with all these things instead of just immediately looking for something that's "perfect" and meets a checklist of preconceived notions about what I might want or not want — especially a checklist of things which I've only had theoretical exposure to and no hands-on experience!

In any case, thank you for letting me pick your brain a ton! I'll definitely have to make a more general thread about specific things that come up moving forward. I've just highly enjoyed and appreciated your thoughts, biases included, since you've been mega friendly and helpful to me and had experience with things I've been looking for. Again, thanks a bunch for letting me bother you about this stuff; it's been a huge help to this baby-little! (the "baby-" subculture prefix takes on a confusing connotation in this subculture in particular, ha!)
Cottontail said:
The Alpaca wrap is just a waterproof cover with no absorbent padding--not really comparable. It's meant for use over a separate diaper. I generally use it with a prefold. Rearz sells some other well-regarded cloth diapers, but I've not tried them.

And yeah yeah yeah, very fair! I was thinking "oh that doesn't really matter since I can go without wetting since I don't plan on doing so anytime soon" but you're right that they're not directly similar! I just didn't really explain my reasoning well! ☆

Reactions: Cottontail
Back