The better dry / crinklz tape issue struck again

pampers4U

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Good morning all, Last night I diapered myself before bed, decided that I haven't worn a crinklz in a while, so I took one out and put it on, thankfully I also decided to wear a onesie over the diaper instead of a tee shirt.
This morning I woke up wet, when I got out of bed I felt the tall tail sign of thick squishyness between my legs and around my butt area, I sort of use to it, but this felt a little thicker then normal, I looked in the mirror and had some serious sag, I then reached to the side of my leg and felt a gap between my skin and the diaper, figured that was no good at all.
So leaned my back against a wall and unbuttoned my onesie, I'm kind of mad or annoyed at this diaper, cause when I looked at it, the bottom tapes migrated away during the night and the one top tape popped off and ended up were I would normally attach the bottom tape.
So I undid the second chance tape and re-taped the diaper back to a normal alignment and slightly snug.
20min later I felt the top tape move again, like seriously, these tapes stink. The diaper its self is very comfy, they def can do the job overnight, but the tapes make me mad, is there anyway that we can contact someone from better dry to see if there aware of the issue? I remember seeing someone at Capcon that was representing the better dry company, maybe someone here can remember who that person was. Either a plastic tapping panel or velcro fasteners would be great for this product.

pampers4U said:
Either a plastic tapping panel or velcro fasteners would be great for this product
Wide Sellotape (or packaging tape) may do the job for a DIY taping panel (I used to do it, years ago).
Mini Cling-ons also work (use with a bungee cord; I can advise further on types, if you choose to go down that road). I use them on my few remaining Betterdry; I may end up using them on my recent purchase of Drylife as the plastic seems thinner, and thus stretchier, than previous.

ade said:
Wide Sellotape (or packaging tape) may do the job for a DIY taping panel (I used to do it, years ago).
Mini Cling-ons also work (use with a bungee cord; I can advise further on types, if you choose to go down that road). I use them on my few remaining Betterdry; I may end up using them on my recent purchase of Drylife as the plastic seems thinner, and thus stretchier, than previous.
Thanks, the clear tape idea is good, and should work, I just hate the idea of altering a diaper that should work correctly in the first place.

pampers4U said:
Thanks, the clear tape idea is good, and should work, I just hate the idea of altering a diaper that should work correctly in the first place.
There have always been failings of some kind; some stupendous in their stupidity.

Was going to add in edit, but since I'm here,
Just so you know the right type of Cling-ons (the big/normal ones are too big for dispies).

Taping panels make diapers too stiff for me. But I agree the tapes could be better. Coming from the same geographical area, my Abena L4's have wonderful tapes as were the older Molicare tapes. I don't see why BetterDry cannot use the Abena tapes. It really can't be much of a mystery where the tapes come from. Of course, it could be the plastic that is the culprit as well.

ade said:
Just so you know the right type of Cling-ons (the big/normal ones are too big for dispies).

Keep in mind this is definitely not the right type of mini-Klingons:

star_trek_modiphius_-_Klingon_Fem_2group.jpg

(I'm sorry, I just couldn't prevent me from posting this.)

BetterDrys (Dries?) have been my favourite diapers for years, because their design resembles most the generic toddler brand that got me hooked in the last century. Most of the time, the tapes just work fine. Every now and then I also get a batch with inferior ones. But so far I haven't found another diaper which fits my requirements of look, touch, effectiveness and value better than them.

I only had a tape issue years ago. Now the tapes stick really well. If they don't , chances are you've got an older batch, the glue on the tapes wore off or you managed to get powder or cream (if you use these) on it.
Usually rubbing tapes until they warm up a little helps the glue to settle if they pop off.

I have never had any problems on the first taping with these luckily. On any nappy I’ve used I tend to find that the second set of tapes don’t last long but think this must be prolonged body heat affecting the adhesive and once pulled off blue bit is then weakened.

Talking of the blue bits, my current batch has two different shades of blue for the top and bottom sets. I’ve never seen that before.

ElPulpo said:
Keep in mind this is definitely not the right type of mini-Klingons:

star_trek_modiphius_-_Klingon_Fem_2group.jpg

(I'm sorry, I just couldn't prevent me from posting this.)
"We are Bung. Resistance is futile: you will be ass-limited"

(You started it 😜)

Dont have any issues with the tapes bar the odd 1/100 either here.

That's why I love Rearz InControl Elites: their hybrid taping system is solid and does not slip or let go. I use the bottom 2 tapes up and diagonally to snug my diaper around my bottom and the top 2 tapes take up the snug load...and I snug my diaper tight with those top 2 tapes. They are viciously strong, they hold the entire night through. My diaper is just as snug when I wake up as it was when I got in bed. It's worth a try, anyway.

Back