Testing the be Drylife Slip Super & Tena slip active (both plastic backed) - now with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
What size did you get, Waddles, and how was the fit?

I got medium, the fit is great, feel nice and snug in them, if you've tried the ID slips they are very much like them, nice soft plastic and the taps are really strong and the plastic is tough enough so they won't rip, even though they don't have a landing zone.
I recommend them, I got 3 x15 packs only came to £27 that's including shipping, ordered on Monday and they were delivered the following day.

Waddlebum said:
I got medium, the fit is great, feel nice and snug in them, if you've tried the ID slips they are very much like them, nice soft plastic and the taps are really strong and the plastic is tough enough so they won't rip, even though they don't have a landing zone.
I recommend them, I got 3 x15 packs only came to £27 that's including shipping, ordered on Monday and they were delivered the following day.

They are on special offer at the minute, so I am going to stock up.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you try the tena yet?

I'm tempted, given the offer.
Ta, fer t' replies.

Hi Ruud, no I haven't tried the Tena yet, don't think I'll purchase any for a while, went on a bit of a splurge with buying nappies, so need to use up what I've got for the time being. Haha!
I love these Drylife though, this is definitely my new nappy of choice, if these had some AB style designs on them they'd even better!

I am happy that my post/pics might have helped you find them :)

I have never posted pictures of myself on the internet before. Wasn't sure it was a good idea lol!

I agree they are very good and give you a lot of confidence. I am sat in a meeting wearing one now that I have wet twice and still have no worries about a leak.

Last edited:
Testing the be Drylife Slip Super & Tena slip active (both plastic backed) - now with pics

I've just put a dry life diaper on and yes they're good and as I've said like the Kolibri cmbislip before they ruined them with the fabric wings grr
Also as op said they're definitely not better dry , they're better plastic is thicker diaper is wider and better cut and nicer cheaper
P/s I think this is a turning point diaper as its a new release diaper in plastic and not cloth so I think they're listening to customers

Last edited:
I'm jealous of you guys in Europe... I have been wanting to try the Tena active slip (preferably the ultima) for so long. That ID slip sounds awesome too...i was even tempted to try and order some, even with the exorbitant shipping, but the site wasn't able to ship State-side. :/ #FirstWorldDiaperLoverProblems

OhHeyThere said:
i was even tempted to try and order some, even with the exorbitant shipping, but the site wasn't able to ship State-side. :/ #FirstWorldDiaperLoverProblems

probably not that they're unable, just wary of and unfamiliar with the process. you may be able to instruct a US based delilverer, or other international, to collect from them and they'll sort out the whole cost and paperwork.
another way may be to source a UK/EU seller on Ebay as many of them ship worldwide; and Amazon, too.

ade said:
probably not that they're unable, just wary of and unfamiliar with the process. you may be able to instruct a US based delilverer, or other international, to collect from them and they'll sort out the whole cost and paperwork.
another way may be to source a UK/EU seller on Ebay as many of them ship worldwide; and Amazon, too.

Amazon uk already have them on prime for £10,50 a pack I checked last night

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are these new drylife slip nappies the same as the id slip but with no print on them? They look very similar in the pictures. I personally think the id slip nappies are great.

for a photo comparison, i used the old Comficare:
View attachment 26803

View attachment 26804

View attachment 26805

View attachment 26806

both medium sizes in the pics.
the tapes hold up well and take a refastening.
the pad absorbs similarly to the Comficare, albeit not as absorbant.
the material between the pad and leg elastics is enough to cuff the pad.
the inner-cuffs' elastications seem to withstand zinc-oxide cream, but may need more testing.
the material doesn't stretch to give a bad fit.
crinkling is louder than Betterdry, but not overly loud.

while that all sounds good, they're not my cup of tea :biggrin:
i think i'm just moving on, back to the past, ditching the dispies and taking the trads.
a side-note relates to the cleanliness of the slip (as per most other dispies) as, after wearing the snugly fitting medium and being seated for my morning brews, i got an infection in my perineum. i also had a couple of other infections, but i'm attributing them to something else.

Bowes said:
Are these new drylife slip nappies the same as the id slip but with no print on them? They look very similar in the pictures. I personally think the id slip nappies are great.

I would have to do a detailed back to back comparison, but I would say no they are not quite the same. The plastic seems to be a different material. The padding seems a bit different too. There seems to be a bit more padding over the bottom and he padding comes up a bit higher in the front on the drylife.

Can someone tell me a Little bit more about the drylife slip? maybe a little review of this diaper should be nice.

Pikachu said:
Can someone tell me a Little bit more about the drylife slip? maybe a little review of this diaper should be nice.

I did a short review in my first post.

What else would you like to know?

How it is now when you have had a change to wear it more. Is it a good diaper?

Pikachu said:
How it is now when you have had a change to wear it more. Is it a good diaper?

My first impressions seemed pretty spot on. Yes for me it's a very good diaper/nappy.

It's still not as comfortable as a plastic backed Tena Slip Maxi (new or old), but for me nothing is. Otherwise it's excellent. The tapes are very strong, there is lots of absorbency so I have absolutely no concerns if I wet when I am out. Overnight is equally good.

The padding is quite thick so it is a little bulky. Depends whether you think that is a good thing or a bad thing. I have to be a little careful what I wear so that its not obvious.

Everyone has their own preferences, but for me it's definitely one of the best.

Sounds nice and awesome. Do that diaper get bigger when it gets wet?

Pikachu said:
Sounds nice and awesome. Do that diaper get bigger when it gets wet?

I wouldn't say it swells up a huge amount but it does get bigger.

I gave one a maximum absorbency test to see how much it could take, clearly I would normally change before getting this bad, but this is after I wet it 3 times.

image.jpg

It held it all very well.

Happy to answer any other questions.

Hi Ruud26
What size nappies did you buy?
I've been using the medium, but I feel they are small at the back I have to keep pulling them up. The mediums fit just fine around me I'm a 34" waist but just wondering if the large would be better?
Are you wearing the large size in the picture you've shown as they look bigger?
Thanks for any reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back