Telling your therapist

LittleLuke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have recently started going to therapy. Not sure if I should tell my therapist about my abdl self. Has anyone told their therapist and how did they react ?

Reactions: NKY2020, DBabygirl2, Deleted member 66129 and 5 others
pjs1957 said:
I have recently started going to therapy. Not sure if I should tell my therapist about my abdl self. Has anyone told their therapist and how did they react ?
I have read somewhere on here about this and have told his or her therapist about it

Reactions: Diprs2 and medfet878
i have. when i first started i kept it under rep. after comming to the conclusion that my abdl side was the center of my delima i brought it up and he/she was good with it and helped me through understanding it and myself and coming to understaning and loving myself over time.

Reactions: infantdale, Rezzu, LittleDiaperDreamer and 5 others
Thanks ChrisChris I do want to tell her but just not yet. still getting to know her.

Reactions: Diprs2
well if you do, what do you think youll tell her? what are your fillings on diapers? will you be honest? or will you live forever in hiding? only time will tell :3

Well i did a few sessions with my company's free therapist, an external company..and the conversation did came up and of course shared everything with her. I used to book her last slot of the day cauze i didnt want to walk in and have someone saw me actually attending a session with a therapist like ive some kind of problem. My colleagues are kinda...well gossippy ( if thats a word ).
SO, there are times i worked late and the sessions were like an hour+ long, and its the end of the day. My diaper are like wet throughout the day and kinda like what you see on TV, there is a giant comfy chair, and i felt im about to leak if i waited for the session to end and went to the bathroom for a change. When i left the room, i took my bag, and she asked why i took my bag as she thought im like Sneaking away or running away, so i tell her i will fill her in later, which i did and thats about how i came to tell my therapist about it.

Generally all therapist are pretty empathatic about their "patient" 's situation and is fully confidential. Trust me, she is zero judgemental. ( well at least for my case) and i dotn think any of them would be judgemental. She actually shared with me that she wore pads to cope with her slight incontinence after birth and does sprung a leak if she were to sneeze too hard or laugh too hard, and that is common across ladies of her age ( guess she is like 40s? ) and that we should not have any thing to worry about or be ashamed about. Its part of life.
For me , i felt that telling her about my incontinence was kinda relief and that someone in the office acutally knows this little secret about me. As a therapist, she also offered lots of quality advice on how to think positively about situations and unfairness of life being incontinence and not see it as a form of diability :) Highly reccomend you can acutally talk to your therapist about pretty much anything !

Reactions: littledub1955, NKY2020 and Diprs2
I opened up to my wife about my DL self a little over a year ago, after about 6 months of couples therapy where one of our main goals was to increase our intimacy as a couple among the stresses of parenting, work, aging parents, etc. At the time, we each shared something taboo that we were scared to tell the other, and that was my secret. We told our therapist about our sharing and how it really deepened our intimacy to reveal something that made each of us feel so vulnerable, but didn’t give details about what it was at the time. It took another 6 months or so before I felt comfortable to reveal to our therapist in a session my secret. She knew of ABDL, but didn't really have any personal or professional experience with it. She has been very understanding with no judgement and has helped us both with accepting that part of me. My wife had accepted (but didn’t participate directly in) my diaper and wetting (omo) interests from the time I told her, and bringing it into therapy is helping us continue to grow our relationship both in the context of ABDL and in general.

Reactions: littledub1955, NKY2020, LittleDiaperDreamer and 1 other person
I told a therapist (school appointed counselor) after being expelled for school after a psychotic episode (being drunk at a catholic school)

Don't know why I told her, she was attractive and nice to talk to, so I blurted it out.

She asked all kinds of questions, and even helped me come up with places to hide them.

We came to the point that, yes diapers help me feel ok, but I need to hide them better to safeguard myself from others discovering.

Best counselor ever :)

Reactions: littledub1955, NKY2020, Rezzu and 4 others
Never told my therapist about being abdl. Was going to her to help me deal with the stress of dealing with ex-wife and depression. Finally got ex-wife out of my life and am doing good now with meds for the depression.

I encourage you to tell your therapist about your kinks. Yes, it will be uncomfortable but I don't think that will last, and you will gain the benefit of insights from both of you. I have been going to therapy off and on for many years and only recently told the latest therapist about my "little" self. I think it helped in two ways. First, i think i learned more about how I understand that part of myself and its relationship to the rest of me. When I verbalize my thoughts, it often helps me to "hear" them more clearly. Second, telling the therapist allowed me to see his response (and lack thereof), which told me more about him. He was pretty firmly non-committal at first (understandably) but never did really offer an insight. I concluded that he didn't really understand what is going on w me. It's not the first time I so concluded. All of which reinforced my decision to get another therapist, which I'm now in the process of doing. I told the "intake" therapist the other day about my little self so that there will be no surprises for the therapist the group assigns to me. To me it all means progress, and now I regret not having talked w a therapist about my little self a long time ago. I think it's an avenue to a better mutual understanding between you and your therapist, and I hope you can travel that road better than I have.

Reactions: littledub1955, NKY2020, LittleDiaperDreamer and 3 others
I told mine about it and she was/is very helpful and understanding about it. she even took the time to study about what it really was/is so she could advise and understand better.

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955, ShyGirl91 and Diprs2
I’ve done a few sessions called “talking therapy” but I got out of it that it’s ok as it’s not harming anyone. I sort of disagree as it harms me in terms of my mental wellbeing and how I feel ashamed and not normal even though I love it. It’s that love hate binge purge thing

pjs1957 said:
I actually have when I started therapy over a year ago now. I was scared and afraid at first but when I blurted it out, I found a very sympathetic and supportive person at the other end and I don’t regret it! I can’t say everyone’s experience is gonna be the same but I would since it’s a part of your identity

Reactions: littledub1955, NKY2020, LittleTyke and 1 other person
I told my therapist on day 1, and she has been outstanding. She has asked a lot of questions and our discussions have led to a better understanding of my self. I could go on and on about it. But the main things is that she got me to accept myself and understand that this is part of who I am, and helps define me as a person.

Reactions: littledub1955 and LittleTyke
Thanks everybody for your thoughts. Not sure when and how to tell her. I think my abdl side stems from a loveless childhood, never heard my parents say I love you. Youngest child of 5, you know a woops child. I think that is the root of my depression. And being a baby again is my escape Thanks again

Reactions: foxkits, NKY2020, LittleTyke and 1 other person
When I was in college, my mom sent me to a mental hospital where I had to talk about wearing diapers and liking guys instead of girls. My psychiatrist said I would outgrow the desire to wear diapers. I didn't like him and I eventaully talked my mom out of sending me.

Recently I told my therapist about my being AB/DL and our community and he didn't seem too accepting. The second time I brought it up he must have had more time to research it and he said we would be a happier society if we all accepted one another and treated each other with love and respect, something I've said many times on this site.

Reactions: littledub1955, foxkits, geka and 4 others
I remember being so worried to tell mine, in a matter of a month, I went from no one knowing, to my wife, my therapist, and our couples counselor all knowing.

Of all the issues I probably have, honestly it never comes up in a session. When I told each of them. They were all actually extremely understanding.

I was seeing my own personal one for only a couple of months before I told her. And it was a toss up between her and my wife who'd know first. She immediately pointed out I held on to it due to shame.

But other than that, we never talk about it.
I was seeing her to help me with adhd, and about 3 sessions in, it hit me, wait she is my actual own personal therapist, and asked her about confidentiality, and confirmed she is my own therapist not just someone to help with my adhd. Than I spilled the beans. So very glad I did

Reactions: littledub1955, dogboy and CrayonRocket
After opening up about age regression to my partners, they encouraged me to talk with my therapist about it. I was really scared they wouldn't love me anymore if I was honest about it, so when i finally was one of them thought it would help for me to talk with a medical professional about it to help me feel better. I'm glad I did! My therapist was very understanding and talking about it with her helped me work out why I do it. I've only recently started talking to her, and I tend to be very reclusive and walled up, so I haven't opened up about it completely. It's comforting to know now I'm ok to in the future if and when it comes up in a session!

After growing up feeling unlovable for it and until recently resolving to take it with me to my grave, it was fantastically freeing (and only a little bit frustrating) to learn that i'm only averagely abnormal. just like everyone else! 😊🥺

Reactions: littledub1955, LittleDiaperDreamer and LittleTyke
I have spoken to a therapist about my DL side…it was tough but she was ok and made it clear she wasn’t uncomfortable with it. It was part of a wider conversation about some other things in my life I was using a coping mechanisms some years ago now so whilst it may have come out of left field but it fitted in with some of our discussions.

I read somewhere that if you’re going to look for a counsellor who is ABDL aware then you have a better chance with someone who is a registered sex therapist…not sure how helpful that is!

Good luck

I just started going to therapy. I told my therapist the first appointment, as they were going thru my medical history, so i told her my medical history which includes IBS-D, OAB, Uninary Incontince, and bowel incontinence, and several other issues. They did not bat an eye, and know that i am wearing diapers during my session. I have only had 3 sessions with them, but we havent delved into my DL side to much yet.

Back