Tab diapers and trying to put them on yourself.

DiaperedJeff said:
I use cloth diapers. Lu them on bed folded in thirds. Fan out front and back then sit on the diaper. Pull up front then bring back around to cover the front and pin using large diaper pins. I use four pins for security. Then pull up the plastic pants over the diaper making sure no part of the diaper hangs out of the plastic pants.
Really 4 diaper pins I was thinking about doing that on my contoured cloth diapers, works ok?

xux said:
I always did the bottom tabs first. I must try top first I suppose
It just makes sense for me, Diapering while standing.

Taping the top right tape first will hold the diaper to your body.

(You also don't need a wall to lean against, but a mirror does help at first.)

You just have to know approx where that tape needs to go.

Even though some diapers allow you to re-adjust the tapes,

it's even better just to get the correct placment on the first try,

Because the adhesive will simply just work better.

The big advantage of practicing diapering while standing,

is that the dreaded public changing scenario will become easier.

Both Physically from practice, and psychologically from confidence.

Reactions: richieboy
Jorelaxed said:
Super easy to put on.
1. You get the diaper and hang it behind you with the rear panel covering the rear.
2. Back up against a wall while holding the diaper in position.
3. Once the diaper is held against back and wall, pull up the rest of the diaper between legs and match up the height of the front panel with the rear one.
4. tape up the lower tabs first, then tape up upper tabs and adjust for comfort.
Same here. Works like a charm. (y)

Also, make important observations before you take off your diaper just before a diaper change.

Check your top tapes, were they too low? too high?

Look at your bottom tapes, were they biting your leg?

Make mental notes, and then try a different placement on your next diaper.

This will help you learn the perfect tape placement of a particular diaper brand for your body.

Some diapers have markings you can use while taping to help you get the perfect fit everytime.

But, if the landing zone is plain white with no markings for you to use as a reference...

Then You can use a sharpie to mark up the landing zone of your preferred tape placement, on a BetterDry for example.

i have a question to add to this, how do you get the tops of the front and back to stay level, everywhere ive looked says they should be level but the back always seems to end up higher

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorelaxed
smolfox84 said:
i have a question to add to this, how do you get the tops of the front and back to stay level, everywhere ive looked says they should be level but the back always seems to end up higher
It has to do with the cut of the diaper, I have tried leveling mine but will not seal.correctly at the leg.
I usually have the rear stand higher.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I am different I either lay down or I sit on the toilet lid and fit it there however I find standing for the top tapes is better fit on the waist as obviously a lot of females are hour glass shaped

I mostly were disposable diapers and ones that have a landing zone. This makes it way easier to adjust the tapes once you’ve gotten the diaper on. I start with the bottom tapes first, so it makes it more of a diaper that I can just pull up whether or not I’ve got a booster in there or not. It also allows me to add baby powder. Then I do the top tapes and the landing down is where the adjustment comes in, it just makes things way easier. .

wickedcul said:
I always fasten top tabs first! maybe I'll try bottom tabs first and see if that is any better!
xux said:
I always did the bottom tabs first. I must try top first I suppose

There seem to be two denominations, the Bottom-To-Top faction apparently being bigger than the Top-To-Bottom one.

I started taping TTB but after lots of ADISC users told me how convenient it is to tape BTT, I converted and since stayed in the BTT camp - laying on my back, by the way.

Reactions: DiaperKink21
Little practice is all ya need. Doing with your eyes closed soon.
Lilsilverdragon said:
Yesterday I got my order of tab style diapers, I put one on yesterday by myself. I forgot how hard trying to get and diaper to fit nicely and get the tabs in the right place. The struggle is real.

ElPulpo said:
There seem to be two denominations, the Bottom-To-Top faction apparently being bigger than the Top-To-Bottom one.
I find bottom to top works best for me to avoid leaks. It's easier to get the leg openings nice and tight when the rest of the diaper is not secured yet.

Back