Tab diapers and trying to put them on yourself.

Lilsilverdragon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Yesterday I got my order of tab style diapers, I put one on yesterday by myself. I forgot how hard trying to get and diaper to fit nicely and get the tabs in the right place. The struggle is real.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfman69, tyguydl, Hemix and 3 others
Gets easier with time. 10 years on and I change without thinking about it.

Reactions: Joe100000, jdinvirginia, Kirisin and 1 other person
Super easy to put on.
1. You get the diaper and hang it behind you with the rear panel covering the rear.
2. Back up against a wall while holding the diaper in position.
3. Once the diaper is held against back and wall, pull up the rest of the diaper between legs and match up the height of the front panel with the rear one.
4. tape up the lower tabs first, then tape up upper tabs and adjust for comfort.

Reactions: littebabby, Cozycomfort1, Joe100000 and 9 others
Jorelaxed said:
Super easy to put on.
1. You get the diaper and hang it behind you with the rear panel covering the rear.
3. Once the diaper is held against back and wall, pull up the rest of the diaper between legs and match up the height of the front panel with the rear one.
4. tape up the lower tabs first, then tape up upper tabs and adjust for comfort.
Exactly how I do it. Works great every time.

• Love
Reactions: SofiaInPampers and Jorelaxed
In few months you'll be a professional at it lol. Now for me is bam bam done lol

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, richieboy and Jorelaxed
That's definitely the best way.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
I fluff my diaper first so it’s going to be puffy and as absorbent as it can be.
Put the diaper on a towel on the floor opened out and sprinkle powder around the gussets/front/back.
Lay down I have my legs bent up if I know I’ll be sitting mostly or flat if I’ll be doing more walking.
Top tabs first at a gentle angle down but as high on the adhesion surface as it can go. Firm on the top and gentle/loose on the bottom tabs.

Reactions: littebabby and Jorelaxed
Jorelaxed said:
Super easy to put on.
I always fasten top tabs first! maybe I'll try bottom tabs first and see if that is any better!

Reactions: 247 and Jorelaxed
I like lying down to put one on, but stand when I have to and do the wall trick!

earlier today I couldn't stand against the wall and had to do it standing up and it was a little tricky, but not terrible. I adjusted later when I could!

Reactions: littebabby and Joe100000
All the above sounds great and right on. I have a twist though, and applies to disposable as well as cloth.
I started putting on my cloth diapers at an early age (6 or 7) and changed myself at school as that was a condition of attending that small country school. We couldn’t afford disposables.
They let me use the faculty restroom which had a full length mirror, which was private and a little less stress.
I had the diaper already folded int thirds in my bag and held it behind me against the wall, still folded.
Pulling it up between my legs and holding it there,
I fanned the back out and again held it there against the wall.
Then brought the front up and fanned it out on one side (my left but doesn’t matter).
I would then pull the back corner over the front corner and snug it up while pinning vertically with the plastic side of the pin up.
Then the right side, again snugging as much as possible the back corner over the front and pinned it.
Than the plastic pants.
These days, it’s much the same except I use a larger size than necessary that pins higher into my waist instead of hips to hold up better, pinning at my pelvic bones. I pin the diaper with the front still folded into 1/3s and pin as snuggly as possible. Being that it pins at the pelvic bones, it’s MUCH easier to pin snuggly.
Then plastic pants and a compression pant or body shaper with built in bra.
Disposables are much the same process except they have tape tabs. I use a medium size where I can fit a small as well. The difference is where it tapes, well into my waist instead of hips. This holds the diaper in place better due to my wide hips and tapes at my pelvic bones for ease of taping. I do the top tabs first as snuggly as comfortable, then the bottoms, again snuggly comfortable.
With my OCD, I NEED to get the tabs (or pins) as even as possible, taping in relatively same location left to right….

• Love
Reactions: littebabby, PaddedRita and wickedcul
I lay the diaper open on my bed, lay down on-top of it, the lightly stick the bottom tab on the right side, secure the left bottom, reposition the right bottom so that it's secure and in the right spot, then do the top two tabs.

Yes in time you will get the hang of it ;) !! It took me a less then few months too !!

Reactions: Jorelaxed
If you've worn a brand of diaper many times, you should know exactly where the tapes go.

Try diapering yourself standing in front of a mirror.

First, Start with the Top right Tape.

Second, Tape the Top Left Tape.

Then, Apply the bottom tapes.

After some practice, try doing it without the mirror.

i like to wear terry nappies and the plastic pants, l lie on my back legs in the air put the nappy between my legs and put the pins in one at a time and slowly pull them up over my nappy.

I put on cloth lying down and disposables standing up.

With disposables grasping front & back I pull diaper up tightly into crotch. Then bring legs together to hold in place and fasten tapes.

Should note, when pulling into crotch I initially position diaper with front higher than back, then fold front cover sheet back under lining up front and back. This eliminates or at least minimizes front leaks during the night.

I must be the outlier here. I stand but I don’t use a wall. For me it’s the following:

1. Unfold the disposable diaper.
2. Fluff & fold in half along the long direction (so it forms a V shape between my legs)
3. Hold the diaper in the middle and put it between my legs up snug against my privates.
4. Undo the first top tape and use both hands to put it in the right place
5. Do the other top tape as snug as comfortable.
6. Do the bottom tapes.

Reactions: littebabby
I have found that the best way for me to put it on is by laying down on a towel on my bed. Getting off the floor is a sore experience, I really bad back problems. Unfold the diaper and lift my hips up and slide the diaper underneath me and set back down on it trying to center myself on it. I start on my left side and pull the bottom tape and hook it trying to keep things centered, then I do the same thing on the right side. I hook the top one, then sit up to adjust the fit for being up and moving around. Last step before getting dresses either for the day or bed I roll the top down so it is below my pants of shorts.

My problem is the fit is what I have a big problem with. The brand is Attends, I have used their pull-up style off and on for years.

Reactions: ElPulpo
Lilsilverdragon said:
Yesterday I got my order of tab style diapers, I put one on yesterday by myself. I forgot how hard trying to get and diaper to fit nicely and get the tabs in the right place. The struggle is real.
You,ll be fine,I prefer to be lying down and pull the diaper up snugly and pull the tapes over and seal it tight.

I use cloth diapers. Lu them on bed folded in thirds. Fan out front and back then sit on the diaper. Pull up front then bring back around to cover the front and pin using large diaper pins. I use four pins for security. Then pull up the plastic pants over the diaper making sure no part of the diaper hangs out of the plastic pants.

Reactions: richieboy
I always did the bottom tabs first. I must try top first I suppose

Reactions: diapeybabybrian and PaddedRita
Back