Symbols.

Gem007

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Is there a symbol of some kind to show you are a DL? I feel there should be like an item of jewellery or clothing you could wear to discreetly let other DL's know who you are. Ideas?

Reactions: Chrissie and Kittyinpink
There is this one shown here on a badge.

Abdl Pride - Etsy

I used to hang or clip a larger sized diaper pin to my coat when out and about as a subtle nod, that was a long long time ago though.

Reactions: sissybaby34, K00paTr00pa and Kittyinpink
I think some clothing merch from ABU or another retailer. I think some people on here even use the abu stickers that come with each order as sort of a calling card.

Belarin said:
There is this one shown here on a badge.

Abdl Pride - Etsy

I used to hang or clip a larger sized diaper pin to my coat when out and about as a subtle nod, that was a long long time ago though.
It looks ok but i don't see a real association with diapers here. It might be too generic for me.

Gem420 said:
It looks ok but i don't see a real association with diapers here. It might be too generic for me.
That's the Idea, it's discreet but if you know then you know.

Reactions: Belarin
This

I should really get one myself lol

Reactions: warmfeeling and Teddy02
TreeLad said:
That's the Idea, it's discreet but if you know then you know.
Exactly why I still think a safety pin clipped to a zip or collar works well, easy to overlook and pass off as mundane without random people asking you about which "pride flag" you are wearing or giving abuse for it.

Reactions: CLPP and TreeLad
Just speculating here, but how about a small pin that has either the letters “ABDL” or “DL”, depending on your proclivities, that few but those in the community would recognize? You may want to come up with an alternative explanation of what those letters stand for in case you’re asked by someone that you prefer not to know the truth.

Gem420 said:
The white stripe makes the heart look like a diapered butt, without being obvious to vanillas.

Reactions: Gem007
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
The white stripe makes the heart look like a diapered butt, without being obvious to vanillas.
Yes i can see that now. The more i look at it the more it grows on me.

Reactions: TreeLad
Belarin said:
Exactly why I still think a safety pin clipped to a zip or collar works well, easy to overlook and pass off as mundane without random people asking you about which "pride flag" you are wearing or giving abuse for it.
I think the safety pin was originally worn in Europe during the war as code for you are a trustworthy person and can help. It was a symbol of trust.

SuperMutant said:
I think the safety pin was originally worn in Europe during the war as code for you are a trustworthy person and can help. It was a symbol of trust.
Interesting I hadn't heard that, will look into it some more but on a quick scan around the only wartime symbolism I could find for the safety pin was the dutch wearing them under a collar or skirt hemline as a symbol of resistance, worn so that others who were resisting could recognise each other with a quick flash or check underneath.

In more modern times (since about 2016) it has come back around and is now worn as a symbol of allegiance against racism or to show support for minority groups and LGBTQ etc. Wearing one makes the statement that you are a safe, supportive person.

News to me, Maybe I should start wearing one again.

I like the safety pin on a chain/neckless to us its obvious to others its means nothing

🤣 When you said item of jewellery I straight up was thinking about things like the knights templar or freemasons (their rings do look pretty cool), getting back to the point since there are already symbols for AB/ DL it would be beat to have something like the pin since it is already well known amongst the community.
(well some what, it's not really a good idea to come up with new stuff when there already is something that is accepted even if it is not fully known by the community)

I have thought about this before but as others have said in other threads the chance of randomly coming across someone from the community is pretty low and even then if you do happen to pass by them it's not likely that they would talk to you about it there and then if at all, I can understand the thought of maybe using it as a sign of pride or just to show your not afraid of who you are but other then that the only time I think this is useful is when doing a event or meet ups to make the start up better/ faster.

Side note: if I ever get time when I move out I might think about making some jewellery with the symbols for AB/ DL, would not be to hard to do things like that though now that I think about it I might have to look in to copyrights to see if that could come back to bite me.

Reactions: Gem007
Back