me babie
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
  5. Carer
Did anyone ever have a crush on Jo Frost, aka supernanny?

I had a huge crush on her, my mother would sometimes threaten that she would call supernanny and i would change my attitude toward the better... but secretly i wanted her to come.

I also didn't really get proper discipline as a child, i wasn't properly spoken to on my level the way she does and was often confused or immensely upset by the punishments i endured.

But supernanny always does it right.
Then as i entered my teenage-hood and i saw supernanny i would sometimes have thoughts of her babying me.

These thoughts are non-sexual in nature, with the exception of a couple.

Reactions: Deleted member 43998, BigKid25, KrankyPants and 3 others
Not a crush; but I like her show and love her methods

Reactions: Traveller and smolguy
But she takes pacifiers and bottles away from three, four, five-year-old's. Again, society dictates what's properly acceptable. "Be a good girl and give up what you love!" "Don't you want to be like other kids?" That's wrong.

Reactions: LittleAnonymousHacker, CodyBaby, AComputerGuy and 1 other person
Katie2fingers said:
But she takes pacifiers and bottles away from three, four, five-year-old's. Again, society dictates what's properly acceptable. "Be a good girl and give up what you love!" "Don't you want to be like other kids?" That's wrong.
that's not how her methods work though, she doesn't use that language nor is abrasive in doing those types of things.

pacifiers, bottles and diapers, only need to weened our of a child's life because they need to first develop properly without those types of items regressing them, or hindering their development.

you need to learn other coping mechanisms, you can't just have 1 safety/comfort item, this would be unhealthy i believe.

pacifiers will ruin your teeth unless you get properly sized ones, and bottles will rot your teeth at night.
when everyone grows up they can decide if they want these comfort items again, but it is the parents responsibility to create a healthy, developed (to their own capability, obviously for everyone is different), happy child.

another thing i will add, is there are always exceptions made for these items in cases of extreme need and if you didn't know she has worked with many different types of children who have many different types of conditions. normally pacifiers and bottles are weened away from neurotypical children and they should be.

if i had a proper childhood i don't think i would as dependent on my pacifier of diapers, that being said i still think i would be ab/dl just it would be less of me i feel.

anyway these are just my observations, thoughts and feelings. i have followed supernanny on many different types of media over the years, i'm a fan and like her.

Last edited:
Reactions: OfficialPastelPoppet, BigKid25, KaleidoscopeKitty and 2 others
Well, I think all 4 of you are right!!
It's the balance and understanding of the individual that's important to recognize.
I think she does it really well.

Reactions: OfficialPastelPoppet and smolguy
This is going back like 15 years from the last time I watched but It always annoyed me how she tried to get like 3-5 year old little kids out of nighttime diapers. It was perpetuating the myth of "nighttime potty training" which isn't a real thing. Kids will outgrow bedwetting at their own pace. Goodnites would not exist if nighttime potty training was a real thing!

Reactions: LittleAnonymousHacker
hanzertas said:
This is going back like 15 years from the last time I watched but It always annoyed me how she tried to get like 3-5 year old little kids out of nighttime diapers. It was perpetuating the myth of "nighttime potty training" which isn't a real thing. Kids will outgrow bedwetting at their own pace. Goodnites would not exist if nighttime potty training was a real thing!
hmm, i understand where you are coming from.

3 is definitely a little young if they have reoccurring night wetting, but 4-5 is around where most children should be having less reoccurring night wetting. diapers provide the security so your brain will not wake yourself up since it knows it is protected, which doesn't help for potty training (even tight underwear have this effect).

obviously, again everyone is different and if she really was forcing children who desperately needed their nighttime diapers to let go of them, then i don't believe that to be fair at all.

some kids never fully potty train and that's okay! i think it's just important to learn about it young so you are able to fine tune those muscles if you are actually able to (since some people either have medical conditions or even developmental delays that cause difficulties in potty training).

Last edited:
I don't like her at all, its a tv show, its actually triggered some memories from my early childhood and I don't like that at all. Its not that I didn't agree that children need to grow up, but I had some of that kinda crap that she does, and well it didn't work out well did it. There are better methods.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleAnonymousHacker, Blathers, Goodnites4Ever1997 and 3 others
I like watching supernanny but I don’t like her trying to take pacifiers/dummies off kids, it should be the parents job not supernanny!

Reactions: LittleAnonymousHacker, magnolia, smolguy and 1 other person
smolguy said:
hmm, i understand where you are coming from.

3 is definitely a little young if they have reoccurring night wetting, but 4-5 is around where most children should be having less reoccurring night wetting. diapers provide the security so your brain will not wake yourself up since it knows it is protected, which doesn't help for potty training (even tight underwear have this effect).

obviously, again everyone is different and if she really was forcing children who desperately needed their nighttime diapers to let go of them, then i don't believe that to be fair at all.

some kids never fully potty train and that's okay! i think it's just important to learn about it young so you are able to fine tune those muscles if you are actually able to (since some people either have medical conditions or even developmental delays that cause difficulties in potty training).
True. There is some nuance definitely, and I barely remember the episode, but I just always really cringe when bedwetting is treated as something that can be "trained" out of a kid. Just put the nighttime diaper on, not the end of the world. These kids aren't even in grade school yet.

Reactions: furry121 and smolguy
No chance - she would strip me of my nappies in an instant!

Reactions: LittleAnonymousHacker, Goodnites4Ever1997 and smolguy
Slip92 said:
No chance - she would strip me of my nappies in an instant!
i do believe it's slightly different when you come back to a regressive form of coping, compared to just not wanting to potty train lol. but fair enough! :p

Reactions: Traveller
Aby said:
I don't like her at all, its a tv show, its actually triggered some memories from my early childhood and I don't like that at all. Its not that I didn't agree that children need to grow up, but I had some of that kinda crap that she does, and well it didn't work out well did it. There are better methods.
i'm sorry that the show triggers you, and that certain methods used didn't help you. it is 100% true that not every child will respond in the same way to something, and it sucks to hear it backfired to the point of basically traumatizing you. :(

my childhood was extremely rough so her show seemed like a dream come true to me and her reasoning made sense to me while my parents didn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Traveller and Aby
It's Gormlay-Birckley family episode. The kids are 5 years old, would prefer not to be in nappies (despite parents telling that they do in fact wet the bed and that they as parents need enough sleep in US version). But supernanny insists that wearing nappies embarrasing/ spreads the stigma around diapers, and just takes the nappies away.
hanzertas said:
True. There is some nuance definitely, and I barely remember the episode, but I just always really cringe when bedwetting is treated as something that can be "trained" out of a kid. Just put the nighttime diaper on, not the end of the world. These kids aren't even in grade school yet.

Katie2fingers said:
Its bad for dental health though. Its not all just a fitting in thing. Pacifiers can cause teeth to grow funny and can stunt speech development. And bottles after babyhood, especially if they have drinks other than milk in, can rot teeth. Putting sugary drinks in a baby bottle is super bad for kids teeth

Reactions: Traveller and smolguy
As someone who knows a fair bit about child development, her methods are spot on. Clear, always the same, easy for a child to understand. Children need routine and consistancy to feel secure (and thus, behave better)

• Love
Reactions: Traveller, furry121, BigKid25 and 1 other person
smolguy said:
Did anyone ever have a crush on Jo Frost, aka supernanny?

I had a huge crush on her, my mother would sometimes threaten that she would call supernanny and i would change my attitude toward the better... but secretly i wanted her to come.

I also didn't really get proper discipline as a child, i wasn't properly spoken to on my level the way she does and was often confused or immensely upset by the punishments i endured.

But supernanny always does it right.
Then as i entered my teenage-hood and i saw supernanny i would sometimes have thoughts of her babying me.

These thoughts are non-sexual in nature, with the exception of a couple.
Yes 🤣🤣😅😅 but i wouldn't like her as others have said she takes nappys, bottles, pacifier anything babyish off kids so god help you as an adult

Fun note
She publicly stated she didn't follow her own rules with here own kids she just couldn't be that strict with them

Reactions: LittleAnonymousHacker, Traveller and smolguy
AComputerGuy said:
Yes 🤣🤣😅😅 but i wouldn't like her as others have said she takes nappys, bottles, pacifier anything babyish off kids so god help you as an adult

Fun note
She publicly stated she didn't follow her own rules with here own kids she just couldn't be that strict with them
The difference is as adults we choose to have these things and regress. Devlopment and progression is important for children to thrive. They can, of course, enjoy regression as a hobby if they want though :) You gotta know the rules to break them :)

Reactions: Traveller, BigKid25, smolguy and 1 other person
I wasn't a fan of Supernanny. I preferred Nanny 911 and their panel of child discipline Iron Chefs.

Reactions: smolguy and AComputerGuy
Roman5 said:
It's Gormlay-Birckley family episode. The kids are 5 years old, would prefer not to be in nappies (despite parents telling that they do in fact wet the bed and that they as parents need enough sleep in US version). But supernanny insists that wearing nappies embarrasing/ spreads the stigma around diapers, and just takes the nappies away.

i don't agree she should have called diapers embarrassing if she said.
we obviously disagree and that's okay.

my girlfriend spent 3 years in school for early childhood education, 5 years old is when night wetting should be happening less. when potty training a child a diaper is always putting you one step backward, it provides protection so the mind will not worry, tight underwear also provides this and the child will wet more thinking they are wearing a diaper.

once diapers are taken away, they should not be then introduced again, this may cause the child to regress or take many more years to potty train. it is important to help a child's development and not hinder them or regress them.

but again, as i have stated before, not every child will potty train but almost all neurotypical children will.

but like many of us have stated in posts above not every child will respond in the same way.

Reactions: BigKid25
Back