leakerABDL

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
I realized so clearly today that my almost daily “trip” back into ABDL little space, which I’ve done almost daily for 20+ years, is actually a coping mechanism… or rather a “stimming” activity commonly seen in autism. I’ve never been diagnosed nor sought evaluation, but I have all the signs of high-functioning. It seems that every single day I experience some high stress event that triggers me and within an hour I’m wearing a diaper and wetting, or sucking a pacifier, or reaching for my teddy bear, or wearing my Tykables onesie under my clothes. And best of all, I’m CALM again. Can anyone relate?

Reactions: thedlguy, OmiOMy, Joeysms and 4 others
I don’t get to do it as often but yes I can certainly agree with that sentiment

i'm the same way! the second i pop my paci in my mouth or i grab one of my plushies, i feel so much calmer and safer! i love holding my plushies for sensory reasons, i love petting their fur, feeling how soft they are, how they feel in my arms and so on! also having soft cute clothing is another thing that really helps me out. it's definitely a coping mechanism for me, but there's also stimming involved, like when i play with toys and plushies, i love the sensory input. it's something that's never left me, probably due to autism, i've always felt comfortable with stuffed animals, soft clothes, etc.

I kind of do that. Typically my first instinct when something heavy goes down is to smoke a bowl, listen to some music, and calm down. However after a long day of work (my job is kinda rough) I usually spend the rest of the day in a diaper and sucking a pacifier because it helps me relax and destress after work. It's good for everyday stress but for hardcore stuff I prefer more adult ways of dealing with things

Last edited:
@leakerABDL @PaddedPonyboy that's exactly what happens with me as well. no matter what the situation diapered with or without a plushie almost always instantly calm or at least feeling better than I was. 99% sure I have undiagnosed autism because my doctor speculated one time that I likely did but was unwilling to make a formal diagnosis

Last edited:
Reactions: medfet878 and PaddedPonyboy
embracing your little side has an amazing positive effects on my mental health. bring on calmness (at easy) allows me to see stressful situations in a softer way. this is not uncommon with those who are autistic allows one to be calm, feel secure, and comforting. better than any pys meds. i don't analyze it just accept it is part of me and a pretty amazing part.

I am Autistic.
Correctlly diagnosed at age 47 by a Developmental Neurologist.
Regressing and being "Little" comes quite naturally and is normal for me on a daily basis.
It has kept me out of the "Cuckoo Person Hospital".

Back