Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
So I'm not able to have regular milk and occasionally get tired of almond and oat milk. So a couple days ago I saw something different at the store I get stuff at banana milk. I was curious so I got it and I had it with breakfast today and it wasn't to bad. It won't be the last time I buy it. I know it's totally random but has anyone else had this stuff and what did you think of it?

Reactions: PaddedPonyboy, BBBen, Wolfman69 and 2 others
My bowels get in trouble if I have milk or any milky food. I'm dissapointed in these milk imitations, (oat, almond, rice). I have tea for breakfest.

Reactions: mistykitty
@Pelusos I'm lactose intolerant. I can't drink regular milk and sometimes I get tired of those alternatives to. Exactly why I tried this banana milk. I had never heard of it and it sounded interesting despite also sounding a bit weird.

Reactions: PaddedPonyboy, BBBen and Pelusos
If you have access you could try raw milk or goat milk. Had to raise my youngest daughter on raw milk. Now she only gets real milk when I can take her raw milk. She can't even drink the lactose free milk anymore. I have been drinking raw milk now for over 3 years and have a real hard time if I go back to regular store bought milk. We are lucky here in MO, that we can buy raw milk on farm where it is produced. You want to be sure and check out your farmer and make sure they are clean. I make my own yogurt and sometimes butter but I really like the cream for my coffee. Have not tried making cheese yet but that is something I want to do.

• Wow
Reactions: BBBen and Woncrinklz
Hoksiyopa said:
If you have access you could try raw milk or goat milk. Had to raise my youngest daughter on raw milk. Now she only gets real milk when I can take her raw milk. She can't even drink the lactose free milk anymore. I have been drinking raw milk now for over 3 years and have a real hard time if I go back to regular store bought milk. We are lucky here in MO, that we can buy raw milk on farm where it is produced. You want to be sure and check out your farmer and make sure they are clean. I make my own yogurt and sometimes butter but I really like the cream for my coffee. Have not tried making cheese yet but that is something I want to do.
I never thought it was safe to have raw milk. Never tried it. I'm responding to you because that concept brings me back to the '80s, when I traveled to Lisbon, Portugal.
I had the coffee there, adding the cream that was to the side of the serving tray from the hotel room service. Nicely placed on the paper lace tray mat thing for visual pleasure and all that.
I took off to walk through town, buy nick knacks, etc., take pictures. I could post some here for kicks. But when I got back to my room??? Oh boy! I had a terrible bout of painful, pressing urgency! I still remember my room's bathroom clearly.:ROFLMAO:And the thoughts I had at the age I was at, which is a trip now while writing this.
Anyhow, long story short, I wonder if they served me "Raw" milk. (?)
It just means it's not pasteurized, right? (I don't know Portugal's dairy guidelines, but holy guacamole!:ROFLMAO:)

Reactions: BBBen and Hoksiyopa
Woncrinklz said:
I never thought it was safe to have raw milk. Never tried it. I'm responding to you because that concept brings me back to the '80s, when I traveled to Lisbon, Portugal.
I had the coffee there, adding the cream that was to the side of the serving tray from the hotel room service. Nicely placed on the paper lace tray mat thing for visual pleasure and all that.
I took off to walk through town, buy nick knacks, etc., take pictures. I could post some here for kicks. But when I got back to my room??? Oh boy! I had a terrible bout of painful, pressing urgency! I still remember my room's bathroom clearly.:ROFLMAO:And the thoughts I had at the age I was at, which is a trip now while writing this.
It just means it's not pasteurized, right? (I don't know Portugal's dairy guidelines, but holy guacamole!:ROFLMAO:)
I work at Aldi and can not use our heavy cream. It does the same thing to me as you described but have no problem with the raw cream I get. Yes store bought has been pasteurized. Doing that takes all the good stuff out of it that helps in digestion. Raw milk is very safe as long as the dairy is clean. You should know your farmer and they should have no problem letting you see how they run their dairy. Here in the US, milk laws are different from state to state. The big commercial dairy companies want you to think raw milk isn't safe. I have heard that they get 4 gallons of whole milk (store bought) from 1 gallon of raw milk. That's a lot of added water.

Reactions: Woncrinklz
I vaguely remember the Kroger I work at carrying banana milk. I think there were 2 flavors. I tried a sample of one that was getting too old to sell. I liked it but never bought any. It must not have sold well because we quit carrying it at our store.

Woncrinklz said:
I can almost guarantee that you didn’t get raw milk in Portugal (or any other European country) served anywhere if you didn’t specifically order it.
In a lot of countries, raw milk is forbidden to sell, because the risk of listeria bacteria if not pasteurized.
Now, there are plenty of other sources for an upset stomach. I usually have at least one round if going abroad😮

I am lactose intolerant and haven’t liked the taste of milk since I was 5 and my wife can’t tolerate cow-milk at all anymore, so I’m glad there are options like almond and oat milk. Not for drinking, that’s what water and beer are for, but it’s OK for cooking.

Interesting. Apparently banana milk is (or can be) just bananas and water blended together. The next time we run out of milk but have bananas, I'll make some. :)

Sorry, as i read @Hoksiyopa reply i have to thought about 🦖rawwwrrr milk 🥳
Here in german we have many diffrent lactose free alternatives. Also ones with milk. They are tasting exactly like milk but without lactose. Before that, we tried the Oat brands and also cocos and other chemistry mixtures. But it didnt work - also i hate the thought to drink oil and water based product mixtures. The lactose free milk works best 🍼

Hoksiyopa said:
I work at Aldi and can not use our heavy cream. It does the same thing to me as you described but have no problem with the raw cream I get. Yes store bought has been pasteurized. Doing that takes all the good stuff out of it that helps in digestion. Raw milk is very safe as long as the dairy is clean. You should know your farmer and they should have no problem letting you see how they run their dairy. Here in the US, milk laws are different from state to state. The big commercial dairy companies want you to think raw milk isn't safe. I have heard that they get 4 gallons of whole milk (store bought) from 1 gallon of raw milk. That's a lot of added water.
That fully makes sense! I always wondered why store-bought cow milk differed from real milk with the critters I raised through my life. It was always thicker. (I had goats, horses, many mammals, reptiles, birds, etc., through my earth time here. 😁).
I actually felt the information "go" in my head. Very interesting! I didn't know it was that watered down, let alone watered down and possibly with questionable water, which could answer some obvious concerns as well.(y)

leave it to humans and the concept of money to thin things out.:unsure:(now I want to go on "an old person rant" about how expensive things are! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Reactions: Hoksiyopa
i've wanted to try banana milk! normally i only see it in Asian markets around here, but i've wanted to try it for a long time, it sounds really nice! i also can't have dairy products, so i normally drink almond or oatmilk! i find that almond milk is really soothing on my stomach if i'm in stomach pain, too!

i'll keep an eye out and see if i can get some!

Back