Snuggies Overnights!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I picked a good time to run out of diapers!
I just ordered a pack. This will go great alongside the new DC amor diapers I also pre-ordered. I'm mostly excited to see the fadeable prints!
I'm sure it's been brought up before, but isn't it great how much variety we have in terms of diapers nowadays? I remember just getting into the community, and all that existed as far as I remember were bambino's first printed design, as well as ABU cushies. But now we have all these awesome new brands and prints!

bambinod said:
so are the overnights and the S.Ex. the same diaper except for the print? The web site doesn't state overnight capacity, but the S.Ex. is shown at 135 oz (which is rather insane)

It is still not 100% clear if they are the same product except for the prints, but the snuggies overnights do state "The Waddler Overnight absorbs over 135 oz (4,000 ml)." in their product description. This makes it seem pretty likely that they are in fact the same product.

On that note; 135 oz is a crazy amount of absorbency and also the same amount claimed by fabines. In addition to a review, could someone compare these to fabine diapers?

patrick1776 said:
On that note; 135 oz is a crazy amount of absorbency and also the same amount claimed by fabines. In addition to a review, could someone compare these to fabine diapers?

Well, everyone stretches the definitions to the limit. It's like the sticker on the car that says 45mph. Nobody really gets that. In this case, the "traditional" way for manufacturers to test capacity is to open up the diaper, pour water in until its spilling out on to the table, then carefully move it to a scale to weigh it. Obviously that's not the "usable capacity" of the diaper. It's difficult to establish a standard though. Diapers have to be able to wick to distribute the liquids, and any diaper has to deal with some amount of "press-out" (low sap diapers in particular) so the "maximum safe capacity" is much lower.

In my admittedly unscientific tests, when I'm changing out of a diaper that's on the edge of leaking, I'll stuff it in the usual 1gal ziploc, but will hook it on the fish scale briefly before binning it, to see what the capacity is. (subtracting the dry weight of the diaper of course) I usually change out of a wet diaper in the bathroom so I can do a little quick cleanup to keep my skin healthy, and the ziploc usually gets tossed over onto the closed toilet lid, I look for a nice satisfying "whump" ;) I don't think I've ever recorded a diaper getting past 70oz without starting to leak, not a dry247, not a fabine. Most are actually much lower around 35-50oz. You might be able to get 100oz in a premium for a short time, but the minute you sit down you're going to have a soaked chair. IMHO that does not count as "within capacity". In most cases, with wetting while on my back, when the "water line" in my padding gets within 1" of the end of the padding in the back, THAT is max safe capacity. Any more than that has an unacceptably high risk of leaking.

Mmm...I need to save some cash and get some of these... but it'll be awhile before I can order.

patrick1776 said:

Every "premium" diaper claims a huge capacity that is much higher than the diaper actually holds under practical use. These numbers are purely theoretical and not useful. Under several pounds of water weight, diapers start failing for all the reasons that aren't capacity.

The 135 oz they quote is nearly 9 lbs of water weight, and when I've weighed myself before and after taking off a Bambino or M4 at the point of leaking, I get a 3-4 lb difference. At that point, the diaper is sagging, the leak guards don't have a great seal, and the plastic backsheet is stretched to the point that the tapes can or have popped.

I roll my eyes when I see these huge capacities listed. Yes, maybe there's that much sap somewhere in the diaper, and maybe it means that the diaper might hold a couple hundred mL more if it does a good job wicking quickly, but having that much theoretical capacity doesn't do much past a certain point.

Fruitkitty said:
Every "premium" diaper claims a huge capacity that is much higher than the diaper actually holds under practical use. These numbers are purely theoretical and not useful. Under several pounds of water weight, diapers start failing for all the reasons that aren't capacity.[...]
So capacity inflation is the abdl equivallent to the loudness war?

Oh my god, i'm so happy that these were made, I had noticed Snuggies diapers a while ago, and was really amazed by them. But over time, i realized they had some flaws dealing with thickness, but now that the Overnights are out, i can't wait to get my hands on some once i'm out of the house.

I am really happy to see the all white ones. I have an understanding and supportive wife but sometimes she doesn't like to see the prints. Can't wait for the reviews!

bambinod said:
Well, everyone stretches the definitions to the limit. It's like the sticker on the car that says 45mph. Nobody really gets that. In this case, the "traditional" way for manufacturers to test capacity is to open up the diaper, pour water in until its spilling out on to the table, then carefully move it to a scale to weigh it. Obviously that's not the "usable capacity" of the diaper. It's difficult to establish a standard though. Diapers have to be able to wick to distribute the liquids, and any diaper has to deal with some amount of "press-out" (low sap diapers in particular) so the "maximum safe capacity" is much lower.

In my admittedly unscientific tests, when I'm changing out of a diaper that's on the edge of leaking, I'll stuff it in the usual 1gal ziploc, but will hook it on the fish scale briefly before binning it, to see what the capacity is. (subtracting the dry weight of the diaper of course) I usually change out of a wet diaper in the bathroom so I can do a little quick cleanup to keep my skin healthy, and the ziploc usually gets tossed over onto the closed toilet lid, I look for a nice satisfying "whump" ;) I don't think I've ever recorded a diaper getting past 70oz without starting to leak, not a dry247, not a fabine. Most are actually much lower around 35-50oz. You might be able to get 100oz in a premium for a short time, but the minute you sit down you're going to have a soaked chair. IMHO that does not count as "within capacity". In most cases, with wetting while on my back, when the "water line" in my padding gets within 1" of the end of the padding in the back, THAT is max safe capacity. Any more than that has an unacceptably high risk of leaking.

Your observations are dead on. The best of the best can get to 70oz (2 liters). That seems to include Bellissimos for being the most consistent.

You are also right about sitting down.

So, what I do now, is I stand when I pee. Give it a few minutes to soak up, then sit down.

The best I've ever had was when I had Bellissimo weigh 2.1 liters when I got home without any leakage, after sitting in a firm desk chair (peed standing up, pretending to admire the scenery out the window).

So anything that you can sit on after peeing that doesn't leak after 70 oz is amazing and I've never seen many do that. And I've tried them all. I would like to re-test the 24/7's with this new standing procedure but I'm sure it's not going to quite get to 2 liters.

I've ordered a pack of these and will give them the same test.

Yes, don't sit while peeing, stand, lean over a bit, let it flow to the back. No diaper I have ever used can go farther than 1.3 liters in the sitting position because they simply get blocked by my ass and it all collects up front. Find an excuse to stand, your high end diaper will be that much more amazing.

4000ml is ridiculous, almost any diaper can do this on you tube in a controlled environment. If it can even touch 2000ml under sitting, then it truely is a great. Can't wait to find out.

I got really excited when I heard about the s.ex diaper, and saw the black bag they come in.... they NEED to bring back the black diapers for that rare occasion or the people that'll use them. Just having the option to order black diapers would probably make me pull the trigger on some!

I ordered a sample for both the Overnights and the cool looking S.ex ones.

Regardless of what your opinions, I think the S.ex ones look like a very nice one from the pictures and the specs. A diaper is a diaper. Also, the packing of the S.ex ones are very unique looking and I am a graphic designer and artist, black packaging with color tints are ALWAYS badass in my book. Whether it is buying new electronics, computers, or diapers. I think it is going to be great! Can't wait to try them out! I only getting samples to make sure medium is small enough for my 28" waist XD! If so, im prolly gona order a case of each to save some big $$$. I can always sell the extras if needed hehe :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back