Self diapering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kryptic said:
Kind of curious as to what other abdls out there do when they self diaper in terms of how you put it on. Do you do it standing, laying down, upside down? Do you tape it tight, loose, a mix of the both? What is your teqnique, and how has it changed from the start of your interest in diapers to now.

This gets asked a lot. There doesn't seem to be any strong agreement that one method is "better" than another, seems to be largely a matter of opinion, or what you've gotten good at so every other method looks harder and less effective because you haven't figured out how to do it that way properly.

I personally prefer the "standing up, back against a wall" method. It has the benefit of being doable in most places you might need to change, where laying down for example is not an option. Public bathrooms and especially bathroom stalls are often cited as examples of where it's pretty much your only option.

Reactions: PonderStibbons
I lay down on my back, slide it under my butt, bring the front up and around and then i try and make the bottom tapes tight around my legs totry and stop leaks, and then make the top ones as tight on my waste as im in the mood for.

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21
I prefer the standing method. When I've been out running errands and find my self needing to change it's been a simple process to learn and works well in smaller stalls.

Reactions: PonderStibbons
Kryptic said:
Kind of curious as to what other abdls out there do when they self diaper in terms of how you put it on. Do you do it standing, laying down, upside down? Do you tape it tight, loose, a mix of the both? What is your teqnique, and how has it changed from the start of your interest in diapers to now.
If I use cloth diaper and most of the time I don't but if I do I will do it lying down. I use to always do my disposable years ago lying down to. But its kind of hard to lay down in a public restroom not to mention disgusting so I learned to do it standing so my method is always the same and can get the same fit. My method is to do it standing so I can open the diaper then I always fluff it up a bit by hand bending it back and worth and activating the diaper by loosing the particles that got collapsed in packaging. Then i place it be hind me with the tapes pulled evenly around my hips on both sides so I insure its centered. Then lean my butt against the wall holding up the diaper where I want. Then as I bring it up between legs I kind of squat just a little and make sure to pull it snug against the groan in the crease of my thigh snug on the right side and pull the bottom right tape around and fasten it good and snug but not cutting off circulation or nothing. Then I do the same on the other side. Once that's done I stand up straight still against wall then go ahead and tape the top right side kind of sucking my pleasantly plump belly in and then do the other side. If its a new diaper brand I never used before I tape it after pinching it between ass and wall I will pull up the front to make sure its about the same height as the back and then start to tape but after doing it a few times I just learned where how high to place it. The kind of squatting down isn't like way down it opens the legs up like if you was to spread your legs when lying to make sure it is snug in the groan and no leaks. I have used them all my life and find this the easiest way for me. takes me about 30 to 40 seconds total I would say. A snug fit is key to no leaks.

When I first wore tape on diapers, I would put them on laying down because that's how they were put on babies and just assumed that's how everyone did it. Now I put my diapers on standing up. It's faster and I get more consistency.
  • First I fluff and shape/fold my diaper so ultimately the front will be a "grabbing cup" shape when I'm done so it swells and wicks the best and doesn't "W" (Nobody likes a "W-ed" diaper!๐Ÿ˜†) I'm to the point I could do this step blindfolded in like 10 seconds.
  • Next is a little lotion on my "guys"
  • Then I puff some baby powder in between my legs and on my inner thighs. I do this in my bathtub so it doesn't make a mess all over.
  • Next I open the back wings and place the top back center on the small of my back where it will sit. Then I lean against the wall and pull the front up between my legs. Now I wrap the front right wing around my waist and pull it tight while fastening the lower right front tape. Then I do the same for the left side.
  • Then I suck in my stomach and do the top tapes to get a snug fit.
  • Then I do my favorite part and run my fingers through the ruffly leg guards to make sure they are out properly๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿค—
  • Finally I tuck in any excess flaps and then suck in my stomach once more to reach in for a final adjustment of "the bits" if I'm not pointed down properly.

For my part,
I absolutely want to put on my diaper just like when I was a little, it is an important point in my mind of little one. I have a very comfortable small wool blanket on purpose for my diaper changes that I put on the floor, I change my diaper on the floor of my living room so on my coffee table, I have a miror and I can see my whole diaper area it's very easy when I make my change. I make everything lying on my back, unbutton my onesie take off the worn diaper, run wet wipes all over my front area and my butt and make sure to remove all the old baby powder that hasn't gotten wet from my skin so I can see everywhere I have to wipe it off.๐Ÿ˜‹ I put a clean diaper under my butt and I know exactly where to place the back elastic on my back, so that my diaper is always well centered and adjusted, putting baby powder and close my diaper with my bottom tape first and then tape of the high ones, I tend to wear my diapers tight but not too much. Once my diaper step complete, I take a 10 to 20 second lay down on my back for relax and enjoy the feel of a brand new and clean diaper on me. The new one is tighter than the old I was wearing just before after the have to wear a few hours. then, I pull my onesie under my butt and drop the front part on my lower abdomen and again with my mirror and some small stretch of my arms lol.. I managed to pass the onesie between my legs and join the 2 parts together and closing my onesie still in lying position. if I adding clothes, I continue to make myself in the lying position as if a person were dressing me pants, socks, even my shoes.. when i'm finished, I sometimes stay in lying postion for few minutes just to benefit my diaper change complete. yes I agree it's more work but for my part, in my day as a little, I really enjoy changing my diapers. I only change 3x a day and I only wearing 24h in weekends or days off.
for 24 hours its only about 15 minutes that I devote to enjoying my diaper changes. Not that much for something I like to do. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I think I'm not that bad for a diapered newbie ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿผ

I used to always do it standing up using the fold and squeeze method, recently though I've switched to the laying down method and it just feels so right!

First I fluff my diaper for a solid minute, makes it so much more comfortable. Then I open it all up and lay down, after applying the necessary baby powder. The trick for lying down for me is to keep my legs spread as much as possible, makes taping and sizing much easier. I take the lower tapes first making sure they are nice and snug as these are the most important tapes. Then I do the top tapes making sure to pull the diaper snug against my skin, with just enough room to get a finger in there to make sure it's not too tight.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: MaxDL
intfusmil said:
I'd like to think I've mastered them all in my own way but I do sitting more than anything.

Sitting:

A hollow bottom (toilet) is the best, unfold the diaper and stretch it so it doesn't bunch at the middle with more left in the back. Bottom tapes go on tight allowing me to stand at that point or remain sitting. Sometimes I fold the top down to give a nice universal line without the sides poking out unpleasantly. Top tapes are still snug but not as tight as the bottom. Anatomy (male) sort of tucks so that I'm always firing down. I use a booster that is mid front so the loaded area is always more in the middle/bottom than a lot of bulge in the front.

Laying

Similar to above but less snug at the top for when natural body and gravity take place after standing. This is evident whether you're skinny or a little heavier because we all look smaller laying down.

Standing

I lay the diaper in my boxer briefs and pull my pants up so I know the leg gatherers are always in the right place. It is the most challenging of the 3 but can still work. Some use a leaning technique that I've never mastered or feel necessary.

General rule (for me): always bottom tapes first, if using two tape, try to stay in the middle or more toward the top. Always tighter on the bottom, pulling up excess and taping the top ensuring best fit but still giving enough room for your bladder to feel comfortable to void.

I use Tranquility ATN with a Topline booster. They have a nice shape to them. Conventional ABDL diapers or super premium ones are very wide in the crotch and can be problematic but have still been successful with the above methods.
Thanks for the good advice. Iโ€™m new to (some what new) to diapers snd am a DL not AB. I love my diapers. Iโ€™ve tried th egg sitting method and standing method but not the laying method. For me I grab the center part that covers my stuff ( yes Iโ€™m male) and cup them while pulling either the left or right makes no difference. Tape one side then the other. Adjust the front cover and re-tape as needed for a comfortable fit.

itโ€™s not a perfect routine but it seems to work so far.

I was wearing pull-ups but they leak. I love not leaking in regular diapers. ๐Ÿ˜‡

please write me with your experiences. ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back