Running water

CPDude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Running water in a sink always makes me pee within seconds. Am I alone?

• Wow
Reactions: passion4life, TXbabe8, erinwinters and 10 others
Anytime I come in contact with water, I start peeing uncontrollably. When I start doing the dishes at the kitchen sink, I start peeing. When I get in the shower, as soon as the water hits me, I start peeing. That started almost 3 years ago when I became totally bladder and bowel incontinent.

Reactions: greatdane, Deleted member 57387 and Angelapinks
The sound of running water has always made me wet myself.

Reactions: passion4life, TXbabe8 and Angelapinks
*Raises hand^

The sound of running water will start bladder spasms and I'm wet soon after.

Reactions: passion4life and GoodnitesXL21
CPDude said:
No you are not alone, if I fill the kettle or the sink, no sooner do I turn the water on than I got to run to the bathroom if I am not wearing protection. The same outside filling the birdbath or watering the garden.

Reactions: passion4life and Deleted member 57387
Water has always had the affect of making me feel like I had to, or was going to urinate. This was true before I became IC and seems to be just as true since. Now if there was something that stimulated bowel movements it might be useful to schedule them at more convenient times and places.

Reactions: littlefun and Angelapinks
If a child needs to go but for some reason can't (perhaps because they've been holding on too long), turning on a tap is a known way to help them go.

Reactions: passion4life, Angelapinks and AJFan2020
It is a well known trigger for OAB, i have got that problem either.

Dish washing, water chance in the aquarium, room fontain at a friends house, when i have got an urge already it will be very, very difficult to not wet my pants that moment.

There are more trigger out there for OAB, for example, when the urge hits hard, sometimes it is enough to just see a toilet and i will wet myself, happened i a hardware store some time ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: chamberpot and Angelapinks
When I help my wife with dishes always wet.One time before my incontinence got bad was pumping gas and felt something wrong looked down and had wet my pants running down my leg.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Angelapinks
sport1 said:
When I help my wife with dishes always wet.One time before my incontinence got bad was pumping gas and felt something wrong looked down and had wet my pants running down my leg.
Yes that happened to me when in line at Wal-Mart. It was the start of Covid and there were long lines and I was buying a new Micro-wave. I wrestled it into the cart and waited behind 5 people for my turn to check out when all of a sudden I felt my pull up getting very wet. I had started wearing for longer trips away from home and I needed to go to another city to get the model I was after and I didn't want to leave it and go out as it was the only one they had. I was just hoping I did not leak before getting to the car and lucky for me another check out opened up so it was pretty quick but when I got to the car I noticed I was leaking a bit down my pant leg. I loaded up and put a bag on my car seat as I have leather seats and lucky I did that because by the time I got home the bag was pretty wet as well as my pants. The next problem was getting into the house without the neighbours seeing me but again I was lucky. Not a good feeling when you least expect it and an accident like that happens so now I wear tighter rubber pants over my pull up when going too far from home. Part of the problem was many coffee shops doing take out only so bathroom access at the time.

• Wow
Reactions: sport1
No it always happens to me. although I have no nerve connections to my bladder so I don't really know why it does.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks and Pino
CPDude said:
i get that all time

Happens to me all the time, even flushing the toilet after a BM will cause a leak.

Reactions: Napincolove
This can happen to me also. Mostly only with running water that replicates the sound off peeing directly in the toiletwater.

Reactions: AJFan2020
Tricking water on a faucett is ins-pee-rational for me

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: slimjiminy, sport1 and Angelapinks
It has always been the case with me, mum used to run the tap before we went out anywhere to ensue I left with an empty bladder, these days it just leaves me wetting my Nappy whether I like it or notjustvrecrntly while out with the wife we stopped for a coffee, the lady poured the water and off went my bladder and when the wife refilled her cup my bladder let go again, I was so wet I had to do a toilet hunt only to find the public toilet shut for repairs, that was a very short day out !

Reactions: sport1 and Angelapinks
me to

Definitely, the sound of running water always makes me pee my diaper. Woke up wet this morning, topped my diaper off (finished peeing it) and went to the bathroom to change. No sooner than I put a dry diaper on I turned the water on to brush my teeth and proceeded to wet myself. This happens to me all the time and it comes as no surprise anymore. Doing dishes, watering the garden, washing the car or brushing my teeth, may as well except a soaked diaper. Even if I'm around others and try my best I just can't hold it. Guess I'm lucky I enjoy a wet diaper.

• Sad
Reactions: chamberpot and Angelapinks
Me too. The sound of running water almost always triggers me to wet.

CPDude said:
It's certainly off putting if I'm trying to hold on. Not just water running in the sink either.

I remember wetting myself at school when I was about 9 or 10 when it was raining heavily outside. I was desperate having waited too long and having not gone at breaktime as I should have. I thought I could hold on and didn't ask to go. I found the sound of the rain really off-putting as I desperately tried to hold on. Eventually my bladder gave way and as soon as a little bit had got out I was unable to hold back the rest and about a minute later I was sat in a puddle and crying my eyes out.

• Sad
Back