Recommendations for thicker (bio) girls

KenworthW900b said:
If you want something that's not super thick but won't leak immediately either then try the north shore supreme light or the regular supreme, they come in white or several fun colors if that's your cup of tea.
White is cool with me. I have to be mindful of price point. We just bought a house and stuff, so money is tight... plus I dunno how I can justify to my wife why I keep making all these $30 -$150 purchases lol!

Reactions: Angelapinks and SofiaInPampers
Girlowl said:
Hey guys! I need a starting point cause I don't have a lot of disposable cash (haha).

The last time I was actually wearing diapers, I was in a medium and could still squeeze into an XL goodnite. Well, those days are gone lol. I've become a chunky baby over the last decade.

Anyway, any recommendations for girls with large hips and a bit of a tummy? waist is like 36-38, hips are 46-48 (yea, I fluctuate depending on the day). I'm continent, so I tend to flood. I'll be wearing these mostly at night, but occasionally during the day. So, basically from evening through morning. I'd like to be able to completely fill it by morning before starting my day, so I don't think it needs to be a super overnight style. I do pee while laying down though, so quick wicking would be cool.

I got the regular size Attends briefs with two tabs. I dunno, they're kind of lilac color. I do not like. In fact, I hate everything about them. They fall below my belly like they fold over or something, they stretch in a weird way so I have to keep retaping, I've leaked before it's even full, it sags way too much when even a little wet, and I don't like the tape placement, specifically the top. Like I'm sitting and I have plumbers crack even after retaping. Not to mention, it crinkles excessively considering its a soft back, so that's annoying.

So, anything better than this. I just wanna be able to confidently pee while laying in bed!!! 😭
I am in a similar boat. Was a lot more petite but am now a chunky Bebe (bio female as well).

I was so excited to get Molicare diapers thinking “oh man, everyone likes these”, but I didn’t like em AT ALL.

I didn’t hate trufit ultras, ordered through Amazon. not a fave but decent for my body. Goodnites newer xl is a good fit but doesn’t hold much as you know I’m sure. One wetting but not a flood.

Rearz actually aren’t an amazing fit for me. Nor crinklez. I do best with pretty much any abu 4 tape diaper. I can do the 2 tapes but they’re just not as well-fit on me.

I work with actual (chronological age) lil ones and I’ve found over the years that a diap that fits one Bebe great can fit another like garbage. Had a tot who made me think honest diapers were absolute trash only to be followed by another who fit them like they were designed just for her. My nieces fit great into pampers but friends kids best into huggies/luvs/target. It’s all trial and error.

That said, I have a tum tum and am also a cisgendered woman and have thicker thighs and I find the fit of peekabus/simple ultras as well as simples/littlepaws/space or whatever the Dino ones are/bunnyhops to be great. For me the bunny hops/Dino ones fit slightly less like a glove but they still are good and the hook and loop means if I wear em and happen to wake up late and dry I can reuse that diaper.

Peekabu/simple ultra hold so much and swell well and feel great and are a bit quieter. Fit like a dream. Simple/little paws/space are a bit thicker to start and a bit crinkler but hold tons as well and are oh so soft on the inside. Also fit like a dream. They’re my favorite to go to bed in. They both wick well.

They can all handle whatever you throw at em and I’ve never leaked no matter how many (too many) hours I’ve had em on.

For daytime and if I am gonna wear them out, barebums. I’ve absolutely never leaked despite wearing for hours and hours and multiple floods and they also fit like a dream. They’re a little lower rise so they go right under that tum.

Reactions: SofiaInPampers and CheekyCharlie
I swear it’s not even the chunkier …. It’s just GIRL thighs ….. I always barely fit into the thighs if I should fit diapers … like abena S4 - they don’t even really do up around thighs even when my waist/hips is 27” and 30/31” which SHOULD fit. Mediums have a huge gap between legs because the crotch is too big. And plastic pants are impossible because the legs are too tight and leave bruises on me when I buy according to waist/hip.

but can’t help with recommendations …. Im on disability and live in canada so all nice diapers are $3+ per diaper and way out of my range … I get by on goodnites.

Reactions: SofiaInPampers, Allthatandthechips and CheekyCharlie
Oh my gosh, you guys understand the plight! Most of the reviews I see are written by guys or for the super expensive AB diaper. I don't want to spend $50 on 12 diapers with a teddy bear on the front 😂. They'll be too pretty to use!!! And I'm broke Lol

I started getting some cloth diaper covers. Thinking about doing cloth and just do more laundry. But they're cute too I don't want to ruin them lol. But they're adjustable in a way that fits around my waist and thighs. Haven't tested for leaking yet though.

My body is way different than it used to be. Annoyed.

Reactions: SofiaInPampers
Allthatandthechips said:
I work with actual (chronological age) lil ones and I’ve found over the years that a diap that fits one Bebe great can fit another like garbage. Had a tot who made me think honest diapers were absolute trash only to be followed by another who fit them like they were designed just for her. My nieces fit great into pampers but friends kids best into huggies/luvs/target. It’s all trial and error.
This really is the unfortunate reality. Most diaper packages tend to list a single size range for waist/hips when in reality there are a lot more factors that go into fit. Every body is different, and a lot of us struggle to find our goldilocks diaper.

There are a few diapers I would try to get either samples or small bags of that should be under or around $1 when ordered in bulk;

Seni super or super plus: Based on measurements, you would probably fit into a medium. However, this is one of the few diapers that has a size between medium and large called regular. In bulk, these would be around or just under $1 shipped.

Abena Delta-form M3 or M2: the cheaper budget friendly cousin of the premium/comfort M4, these were made on the older machines. If the M3 is too bulky, M2 offers a thinner version, but from what I've seen they are very close in price. The one caveat I've noticed about these is the padding in the front does not expand out into the wings very far, but with your anatomy this shouldn't be an issue.

Tena Super (Not Stretch): these are budget friendly diapers with four hook/loop tabs as opposed to the single large fastener per side. They also had a lower rise on me in the front, which resulted in less bunching. Medium should fit based on measurements. I've found the capacity close to an ATN, which should work for your usage patterns. I just priced 56 of these for under $40 shipped, just under 71¢ per. If you wanted even less capacity, I believe there's an "ultra" version too.

Hopefully this post will be more useful than before, I tend to drift and become more sentimental than helpful. Best of luck on your diaper journey.

Reactions: Allthatandthechips
You may find you fit better into a large size if for no other reason than the taller rise. It might help it to fit over your tummy without the rolling (or it might not?). I saw a suggestion for Rearz above. Their sister company Incontrol sells the same construction without any prints (aimed towards medical needs more than ABDL) for a bit less, so they’re worth checking out. I measure within a medium size for them and prefer the markedly lower rise of that size myself (I trialled M and L and could use either really), but my lower tapes are all but maxed out to fit around my legs (which aren’t exactly chunky—at least I didn’t think so); any chunkier in the leg and I’d need a large just for that alone. I have a decent beer gut myself but I’m really long in the torso and it sits a bit above my actual waist as a result.

we use the Abena l4 here and my wife likes those for nighttime and movies she'll also wear an always pull-up for her minor leaks she says they can handle a full-on wetting for her. you can make a cheap diaper work with a dignity diaper doubler/insert I get the stackables through my medical so we have lots of those on hand

leterrip said:
You may find you fit better into a large size if for no other reason than the taller rise. It might help it to fit over your tummy without the rolling (or it might not?). I saw a suggestion for Rearz above. Their sister company Incontrol sells the same construction without any prints (aimed towards medical needs more than ABDL) for a bit less, so they’re worth checking out. I measure within a medium size for them and prefer the markedly lower rise of that size myself (I trialled M and L and could use either really), but my lower tapes are all but maxed out to fit around my legs (which aren’t exactly chunky—at least I didn’t think so); any chunkier in the leg and I’d need a large just for that alone. I have a decent beer gut myself but I’m really long in the torso and it sits a bit above my actual waist as a result.
Yea large is what I was going to get but the regular size measurements seemed to fit. I think it's just these specifically because it does rise high, but the taping is weird so I have all this extra hanging off the top.

Anyway, not getting that brand again. Moving on

As an incontinent person I try every diaper model for a full day of changes 4-9 diapers a day and then wear one to see how long it will last . The highest of the medical brands is Tranquility ATN with double insert , for local around town it’s workable except when flooding you will have urine everywhere before it soaks it up for fecal containment as long as you stagger the boosters it’s allright as has been stated for fast acquisition and trapping of flooding mega max ,better dry , or Rearz. Mega max is my current travel and overnight diaper , I have the king of king size bladders and can put down as much as 900 ML in one void when not cathing my bladder to remove excess periodically . That said I also do not deal with gravity as there’s 500 pounds of metal and battery ass to support a diaper , in an emergency I used one for nearly 26 hours before it was a bathtub . I do use in my sleep and it’s a never failed product overnight is the only time I am not changed and catheterized every 4 hours , I am put in my overnight at 1 AM and am changed out about 11 AM .

Reactions: CheekyCharlie
This sounds like me. Not incontinent, but I am basically a horse. Since I don't wear 24/7 anymore I can't really do the trickle thing. However, I'm also bad about drinking water throughout the day. Since I'd be mostly wearing at night, I run into the issue of not being able to fill it before morning and also basically flooding and leaking everywhere. I don't really feel comfortable wearing around my kid since it's not medical for me. I used to get the tranquility and abena but that's when I was single and could wear consistently.

I guess my solution is to drink more water during the day to justify getting those thicker overnight ones

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyric and Tetra
Finally upgraded from the attends. i don't think sizing was the issue so much as they just sucked.

Decided to start simple with brands in already familiar with. Got Tena size regular. They fit snuggly, almost like undies, with no stuff hanging off or sagging in the waist. I might try a large next time though. Not a great overnight, BUT I wet laying down and no leaks! Til this morning so not high capacity lol

Also why ahead and got prevail and abena. I do not remember abena being so thick.

Anyway, these will last me quite a while before I need to try anything different, which I may not if they work. Once I find something I like I stick to that

Reactions: dlboylife
Umm, alright so prevail is kind of weird.. possibly too big? It's got like one long vertical tape on each side so makes adjusting hard..... Still fit better than the Attends but hard to put on plus I can't really adjust them....

In case any thicker girls wanna know lol

Reactions: leterrip
Back