Reccomendations for light bladder incontinence?

GlitteredArtist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I work a very fast paced job, wear a green apron and serve coffee. If you catch my drift.
Our particular store is pretty busy and I am a hift supervisor so I'm a little more active than most mycoworkers, lots of bending over and moving stuff. I also get crazy miserable hot,like everyday. I've had three kids, one set of twins and the ol grey mare just aint what she used to be.
Coughing, laughing, bending over, etc - all cause a fair amount of bladder leakage.

I have tried the always discreet pads and they just balled up in my undies because I move so much, what do I try from here?

I have a hefty collection of premium ABDL dips, but obviously I wish to be discreet and comfrtoable during my day :)

Heeeellllllpppp!

If it is light leakage then pull ups are probably your best option, I don't know if you are guy or a Lady. If you're a Lady then there are now some quite attractive pull ups available and most of the modern ones are very discreet with no VPL (visible panty line). if you are a guy then they could still work although when wearing them you must make sure you are always pointing down. The main problem with pull ups is changing them as unless you are wearing a skirt, dress or kilt! you have to strip from the waist down to put a fresh one on. There is underwear for both men and women that look like normal underwear from the outside but have an absorbent pad or core built in or that can be added separately and they may be the better option as the underwear can be washed and dried like the regular kind.

UK links for men - https://www.allaboutincontinence.co.uk/blog/cotton-incontinence-pants

and for Ladies - https://www.allaboutincontinence.co.uk/womens/womens-washable-incontinence

Tena also do a range of pull ups for woman under their silhouette and Noir ranges - https://www.tena.co.uk/women/produc...-women/tena-silhouette-normal-low-waist-blanc

I hope that at least gives you a starting point.

The other thing to try is kegel exercises either for men or women, it may help as leakage when you cough, lift, sneeze etc is normally caused by weakened muscles (especially if you have had multiple births or have had a tear or episiotomy during childbirth so they should help. If all fails see your doctor.

Given the references to giving birth, I presume the OP is at least anatomically female... anyway, the Tena Discreet pull-up underwear are probably a good compromise between a pad and a bulky nappy. Or a lightweight taped nappy might be reasonably discreet (what do you have to wear over it?)

Oops! my mistake I though the OP said "I have three kids", my apologies

Pullups seem to be the favorite choice for women with incontinence after childbirth. Always Discreet seem to get a lot of good reviews.

Reactions: ChocChip
Northshore supreme lites would also be a good option if you need more than a pullup but still want something discreet

Reactions: 49beachdipe
Bc my inco is usually not active (when active, it releases all of my bladder and/or rectum), so for light inco I have no idea. I had an idea but not sure if it works. So a not bulky pull up would be useful in this case, but if taking it off (like said pc baby), would be hard to take off unless you are wearing a skirt. Maybe you can cut the sides off (idk where you can find a scissor in a coffee shop, or just bring a scissor), so it could be taken off like a tabbed diaper? Really, I have no idea. But good luck anyway!

PCBaby said:
If it is light leakage then pull ups are probably your best option, I don't know if you are guy or a Lady. If you're a Lady then there are now some quite attractive pull ups available and most of the modern ones are very discreet with no VPL (visible panty line). if you are a guy then they could still work although when wearing them you must make sure you are always pointing down. The main problem with pull ups is changing them as unless you are wearing a skirt, dress or kilt! you have to strip from the waist down to put a fresh one on. There is underwear for both men and women that look like normal underwear from the outside but have an absorbent pad or core built in or that can be added separately and they may be the better option as the underwear can be washed and dried like the regular kind.

UK links for men - https://www.allaboutincontinence.co.uk/blog/cotton-incontinence-pants

and for Ladies - https://www.allaboutincontinence.co.uk/womens/womens-washable-incontinence

Tena also do a range of pull ups for woman under their silhouette and Noir ranges - https://www.tena.co.uk/women/produc...-women/tena-silhouette-normal-low-waist-blanc

I hope that at least gives you a starting point.

The other thing to try is kegel exercises either for men or women, it may help as leakage when you cough, lift, sneeze etc is normally caused by weakened muscles (especially if you have had multiple births or have had a tear or episiotomy during childbirth so they should help. If all fails see your doctor.
My plan is to get into see my doc asap, this has become a problem more recently and the kiddos are 3, 3, and 2 so I don't feel like it is the ormal postpartum thing but I may be wrong :(

DiaperedDiscreetly said:
Maybe you can cut the sides off
Cutting or tearing the sides of a pullup is fine - the problem would be when you want to put on another one. You'd still have to completely remove your pants, which isn't very convenient.

I think a belted diaper might be a good choice, unless the OP can make it through a whole shift without needing to change, or can get enough time and privacy in the restroom to partially undress.

Last edited:
not sure if you are in the USA or not but if you are northshore has a great line of pull ups under the northshore brand also this may help if you are on the right side of the pond

I would also suggest perusing the Northshore offerings. Their products are highly functional and durable. My only issue with them is that they are TOO discrete, which is what you are looking for. Of the brands that I might go on a long hike or bike ride with, Northshore would top my list in terms of function and range of motion. Dealing with the heat and action of food service which I spent many years doing, I would advise a cloth -like backed product, but it depends on your tolerance.

GlitteredArtist said:
My plan is to get into see my doc asap, this has become a problem more recently and the kiddos are 3, 3, and 2 so I don't feel like it is the ormal postpartum thing but I may be wrong :(
if you have leaked since the birth of one of your children it could well be postpartum or "Functional" IC, either way Kegels would be good. Hopefully it isn't anything more serious.

BL75 said:
I would also suggest perusing the Northshore offerings. Their products are highly functional and durable. My only issue with them is that they are TOO discrete, which is what you are looking for. Of the brands that I might go on a long hike or bike ride with, Northshore would top my list in terms of function and range of motion. Dealing with the heat and action of food service which I spent many years doing, I would advise a cloth -like backed product, but it depends on your tolerance.
I would say from the veiled references that some works in a place that the OP works in a place that Vincent Van Gogh would have liked - clue is in the first words of this song -

PCBaby said:
I would say from the veiled references that some works in a place that the OP works in a place that Vincent Van Gogh would have liked - clue is in the first words of this song -
Not quite following. Are you implying that I am a shill for Northshore ?

ltaluv said:
Cutting or tearing the sides of a pullup is fine - the problem would be when you want to put on another one. You'd still have to completely remove your pants, which isn't very convenient.
Didn’t Depend or someone do a hybrid nappy/pull-up once, which you can either pull up and down, or fit/re-fit using the tapes?

Surprised there haven’t been more of that type developed, to allow people to take advantage of the different conveniences of pull-up and taped nappy styles.

TheGazelle said:
Northshore supreme lites would also be a good option if you need more than a pullup but still want something discreet
I wear these every night!

One of my friends had this lightly leakage issue, she orders for her from an online incontinence shop. You can also visit that online shop to choose according to your needs.

Just a heads up, Northshore Care is having a 10% off sale for about a week on their Supreme lights and GO Supreme pullups, along with some other brands of light bladder protection.

You are suffering from "Stress Incontinence", which is pretty common in women who have given birth. I would make an appointment with your doctor as there are a number of possible ways to cope with this and even cure it. In the meantime, there are many pullup style briefs made for women that would probably be just fine for you. If you are looking for a more absorbent and breathable diaper, I highly recommend the Seni Super Plus.

I'm not exactly sure of your clothing choices, but the best way to hide a diaper bulge is a cover like a lightweight boxer brief, a slightly long shirt, a onesie and/or a slightly larger than your regular size pant, short or skirt.

Back