Pull up diapers

mikesecret said:
I use Tena Super Plus for Men a lot of the time too. Sometimes if Im out of supply and short on money I just buy whatevers on sale at the local superstore though. There are time when I wet more heavily now when I wonder if I should be wearing regular diapers instead of pullups during the day.
If I’m on a long altar trip or for some reason won’t be near a bathroom in short notice I wear a diaper. Have to at night as well.
I really like the Tena men underwear for when at home or woek during day close to restroom. They are even fine for me shopping. I have lost a full bladder in them (mine not that big) and they held it, needed a change asap but; shorts dry.

DAJA said:
That is the reason I avoid beer and limit alcohol consumption. My issues are urge and positional.
Yeah, I can’t imagine the puddle I would leave behind if I drank beer and was wearing a Depends pull up. Some of my worst leaks in public were from drinking alcohol. I usually avoid it too.

I have tried the Always Discrete pull-up and found it does not become a lump when wet, instead, the gel remains soft. The minor drawback is the scent it has, I can get used to it. At this point, I prefer these over Depends.

Reactions: EcoIncon
I actually really like the Tena Stretch Super. I think of it more like a large Pull-Ups brand pull up with large stretchy velcro fasteners. No leak guards but I've never had an issue with leaks, even as a side sleeper with them

Reactions: iatec779
EveMoonElf said:
Never tried adult pull-ups, but I need something discrete to wear under jeans at work 2 days a week when I'm in-office, so I just ordered a pack of North Shore. I'll be able to give them a test run next week.
The North Shore pull-ups arrived a day earlier and I was able to wear one to bed last night and another to work today. I don't have U-IC most nights, I usually wake up dry, but I did wet the bed last night and the pull-up handled it fine as it wasn't a full bladder.

During the workday the concern is moreso IBS-D, which if it's going to happen, it is usually a morning issue for me. One of my main issues pre-diaper has been the drive to work in the morning in particular, due to traffic and the lack of bathroom access. I kept a spare pull-up in my purse, so that in case this happened I could change when I got to work, but, so far today's is clean and dry - I'll wear one to the office again on Tuesday and see how it goes!

So far I'd say, as others have said in this thread, clearly this would not offer the same protection as a diaper. But so far, it seems like it might work very well for what I need. :)

Reactions: AttilaThePun
I had pull up two weeks when ic stared to go wild but was leaking all time and had enough I jump to proper paded diapers and now it's way more freedom

EveMoonElf said:
The North Shore pull-ups arrived a day earlier and I was able to wear one to bed last night and another to work today. I don't have U-IC most nights, I usually wake up dry, but I did wet the bed last night and the pull-up handled it fine as it wasn't a full bladder.

During the workday the concern is moreso IBS-D, which if it's going to happen, it is usually a morning issue for me. One of my main issues pre-diaper has been the drive to work in the morning in particular, due to traffic and the lack of bathroom access. I kept a spare pull-up in my purse, so that in case this happened I could change when I got to work, but, so far today's is clean and dry - I'll wear one to the office again on Tuesday and see how it goes!

So far I'd say, as others have said in this thread, clearly this would not offer the same protection as a diaper. But so far, it seems like it might work very well for what I need. :)
I have U-IC and typically wet a lot at night. For sleep, I'd rather wear a plastic-backed tab diaper of good quality but often wear a good pull-up if I suspect I'll need a #2 visit to the bathroom. I've found that I'd rather wear a really good pull-up with a GaryWear Active Brief overnight than a crummy tab diaper with same. I would, however, prefer an Abri-Form level 4 every night. Affordability is a factor, and I don't need a 12-hour-per-diaper wear time, because I'm at home more often than not.

Aimisin makes a surprisingly good overnight pull-up that has a huge amount of SAP and really deep leak guards - I wish I could buy them in bulk. I've only found them on Amazon, in packs of 20.

If what I've heard about North Shore MegaMax is true, then I strongly suspect their brand of pull-ups are ahead of most of the competition when it comes to performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: leafgoalie
I have sometimes light and sometimes moderate incontinence. I have used Depend men's underwear, attends men, and prevail men. I like Northshore a lot but a little too much padding in the butt for my needs. That's my biggest complaint about "premium" pullups.
While traveling recently I had to pick up some products at the pharmacy. They didn't have my size so I had to go with stretch briefs. I actually really liked them and the ease of changing. I wish my everyday products would off them in a stretch brief, would be my go to. Great to use while traveling.

Just not practical for me. If I'm out running errands, or at an event of some kind and need to change I'm not going to take off my shoes and pants for a new diaper. In those instances it's easier to pull my pants and PUL pants down and put on a new tape style diaper. I wear Northshore only and sometimes I do still need to change during the day. And finding a decent restroom that's halfway clean is important. I could imagine having to get half naked in a stall to freshen up.

I wear Kroger Overnight Pull Ups for my bed wetting due to cerebral palsy and neuropathy and they hold quite a bit of urine

Danielgartin691993 said:
I wear Kroger Overnight Pull Ups for my bed wetting due to cerebral palsy and neuropathy and they hold quite a bit of urine
That's good to know! There's a Fred Meyer store up the street from me that undoubtedly carries those.

ksboy71 said:
Just not practical for me. If I'm out running errands, or at an event of some kind and need to change I'm not going to take off my shoes and pants for a new diaper. In those instances it's easier to pull my pants and PUL pants down and put on a new tape style diaper. I wear Northshore only and sometimes I do still need to change during the day. And finding a decent restroom that's halfway clean is important. I could imagine having to get half naked in a stall to freshen up.
Depending upon the situation, sometimes a booster pad allows an essential, no-undressing-required change of the booster only. Everyone should use what works for them, whenever possible - although sometimes that evolves.

Reactions: ksboy71
AttilaThePun said:
Depending upon the situation, sometimes a booster pad allows an essential, no-undressing-required change of the booster only. Everyone should use what works for them, whenever possible - although sometimes that evolves.
TBH I'd never considered a booster with a pull up. My last shipment from NS did have two sample pull ups, and I think I have some booster samples from them in prior shipments stashed away in my cabinet. I may have to give that a try. Thanks for the reminder lol!

ksboy71 said:
TBH I'd never considered a booster with a pull up. My last shipment from NS did have two sample pull ups, and I think I have some booster samples from them in prior shipments stashed away in my cabinet. I may have to give that a try. Thanks for the reminder lol!
You're welcome! It's something I've been trying with the pull-ups I found online that have *really* tall leak guards and a wide flat expanse for booster placement - and even without a booster, they have a considerable amount of SAP compared to others I've tried so far.

P.S. : I love your Mr.Bill avatar!

Last edited:
Reactions: ksboy71
AttilaThePun said:
You're welcome! It's something I've been trying with the pull-ups I found online that have *really* tall leak guards and a wide flat expanse for booster placement - and even without a booster, they have a considerable amount of SAP compared to others I've tried so far.

P.S. : I love your Mr.Bill avatar!
Well, unfortunately the samples run a bit small, I'm a 34 and I wear a medium megamax comfortably. They sent medium pull ups, but they were just too small and pinched me in the leg openings. I'd almost think they may work for short periods of time, or for more smaller "issues". I may request a large sample in my next shipment to get a better idea.

P.S. ohhhh nooo!! 😆

ksboy71 said:
Well, unfortunately the samples run a bit small, I'm a 34 and I wear a medium megamax comfortably. They sent medium pull ups, but they were just too small and pinched me in the leg openings. I'd almost think they may work for short periods of time, or for more smaller "issues". I may request a large sample in my next shipment to get a better idea.

P.S. ohhhh nooo!! 😆
Mr. Sluggo must have sent you a too-small sample!

I user Abena M3 pull up when I need to go into the office. Fits great and works.

Reactions: leafgoalie and AttilaThePun
Back