Protecting the bed

Canadianfalls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
For my fellow bed wetters, what do you use to protect the bed other than Gary wear pants or those PUL covers? I'm not a fan of sleeping on a pad, and already have a mattress cover.

Is there some out there that isn't much more inconvenient than a diaper that can save me having to wash my sheets if my diaper leaks?

Reactions: Edgewater
Not really that I can think of. Just diapers and Plastic bed protectors/mattress covers for years. Leaks sometimes happen. I've never looked into anything beyond that or seen anything advertised outside of the usual.

Reactions: Deleted member 39574, MegaLugia, Canadianfalls and 1 other person
A good mattress protector works just fine if diapers leak.

Reactions: MegaLugia, Canadianfalls, Edgewater and 1 other person
I am a nightly bedwetter. I wet heavily and sometimes several times a night so adequate bed protection is essential. I sleep in a combination of nappies, padded washable inco pants and nylon or plastic waterproof pants. My bed is protected with a fitted waterproof cover and a washable pad under my sheet. I use a flanellette sheet as this stays warm if it gets wet and I stay reasonably comfortable.

Reactions: MegaLugia, sissybaby34, Edgewater and 2 others
My mattress had a water proof cover , I have a large washable pad underneath my sheet. I wear a high capacity diaper with boosters , compression shorts and cotton pajama pants. As a nightly bedwetter usually my diaper contains it. Occasionally my shorts and pajamas get damp and rarely my fitted sheet and pop ad get wet.

Reactions: MegaLugia, Constantlydamp, Canadianfalls and 1 other person
The hospital has given me washable absorbent bed pads and they are comfortable and mop up any leaks from my overnight nappy and plastic pants. Highly recommended over the disposable pads which slip and slide during the night.

Reactions: Wetshisbed, MegaLugia and Edgewater
Canadianfalls said:
For my fellow bed wetters, what do you use to protect the bed other than Gary wear pants or those PUL covers? I'm not a fan of sleeping on a pad, and already have a mattress cover.

Is there some out there that isn't much more inconvenient than a diaper that can save me having to wash my sheets if my diaper leaks?
Not that I know of.

I just got these new pajama pants from Amazon that are waterproof to extent , so if your diaper leaks it'll hold it.. but there only pants again.. I forgot what they were but on Amazon they look like sweat pants

Been U-IC for 45 years and have long ago learned that diapers will leak and the goal is to assure that you are wearing a diaper that fully supports your volume, and flow rate requirement. I use NorthShore's Trifecta diaper covers as they are designed to catch small leaks. I also use a cloth bed pad on top of my fitted sheet.

Reality Check: Your Incontinent, you will likely not find something better than a properly selected diaper and properly placing it correctly to limit leaking. Wetting will assure that you will leak regardless of what you wear. The best method is a combination of devises that exist between you and your sheets! Yup, you will find some of them not to your liking, but sometimes you just suck-it-up and wear what limits you from leaking!

Last edited:
Reactions: MegaLugia, Constantlydamp and Canadianfalls
Dry247 said:
I just got these new pajama pants from Amazon that are waterproof to extent , so if your diaper leaks it'll hold it.. but there only pants again.. I forgot what they were but on Amazon they look like sweat pants
Happen to have the email receipt so you can post the link to them?

Reactions: Dry247
Dry247 said:
I like the sound of this. Please let me know if you find the name.

I have a mattress protector and wear a thick diaper at night usually with a onesie to hold it snug to me and keep my diaper from moving. I trained my self to sleep on my back years ago and I hardly ever sleep on my stomach anymore. I had more leaks sleeping on my stomach vs. on my back. But with a good diaper I hardly ever have leaks in bed. It’s usually just contained to the sheets when i do leak.

Reactions: MegaLugia and Canadianfalls
Real rubber sheet under the bed sheet. I have always had one so it feels normal.

Reactions: Edgewater, Deleted member 39574, MegaLugia and 1 other person
I have a plastic mattress cover, little boy fitted sheets I just got, love that look, i wear a 1100 ml booster and usually a 6 to 11,000 ml diaper and plastic pants, I wet a lot , I also keep a bath towel beside the bed, if i leak I just lay the towel on wet spots and lay on towel and it gets soaked up very fast, and i either hump on the towel or throw it back on floor, and sheet feels totally dry.

Reactions: Edgewater, MegaLugia and Dry247
I use a fairly thin mattress protector under my fitted sheet. My pullups leak at least once per week and the mattress protector has so far done its job.

These mattress protectors do break down over time due to washing and drying. I just spend $20 or so maybe once per year and replace it.

Reactions: Edgewater and MegaLugia
I wear black rubber bloomers over my normal diaper and plastic pants. In hotel this weekend so have a towel down on bed as well.

Attachments

• IMG_4024.jpeg
    IMG_4024.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Love
Reactions: Edgewater and MegaLugia
Back