Printed diaper no?

lilshelly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
I have a urology appointment for my urodynamics test that is coming up. I am just about out of diapers. This is my second visit. The first visit the doctor was checking on something else, not really bladder related. When he went to examine me I pulled my pants off and well there was my diaper.
He questioned why I was wearing the diaper and I told him I have issues making it to the bathroom.
Long story short. He wants to run the test to make sure that there is nothing is wrong which I am not sure if there is or isn't. I have had issues on and off for a couple of years.
My question is I have some white medical diapers left. I do like to switch up from time to time just for the heck of it. I mean we can change underwear and have patterns. I want to do the crinkles fairytale ✨️ print something new for me. Worried about wearing it to the doctor. I am afraid that they will think I am weird wearing a printed diaper and they will not take me seriously. Thoughts? Keep in mind that this is not a doctor that is used to seeing me.

Reactions: Andy300, Babyboyneedssomehaalp, michaelmc and 3 others
Why waste a special pattern diaper that you'll probably have to remove anyway? If they let you keep it on but open it, it might get torn. If it were me, I'd wear a plain one - and bring spares.

Reactions: JustAGirl, Diapertoddler, Andy300 and 8 others
AttilaThePun said:
Why waste a special pattern diaper that you'll probably have to remove anyway? If they let you keep it on but open it, it might get torn. If it were me, I'd wear a plain one - and bring spares.
Never really gave that much thought. My husband was like why does it matter. He is used to me switching out from plain white to prints from time to time.

Reactions: Ortler, Diprs2 and Edgewater
I'm UIC and just because of the recommendations from some folks, I've tried some of the AB/DL printed diapers on occasion, and found them to be comparable in quality (even in some cases a little less-than) to the MegaMax diapers which I routinely wear now having since switched from the redesigned Abena M4's. However, since I am not in the AB/DL community (no disrespect if you are, you do you- I think we could all stand to judge less anyhow), I didn't find I got any enjoyment out of the printed diapers, and in fact, was a bit self-conscious wearing them purely for the explanation factor if anyone noticed.
Anyway, if your appointment is to a urologist, which I've been to a few times as well, I would think that most urologists are probably pretty used to examining patients that wear diapers, given the nature of their practice. However, they are probably used to most of their patients wearing medical diapers, and while they likely wouldn't bat an eye at one of those, a printed AB/DL diaper may cause them to question your sincerity.
For a regular doctor (like a GP that I see), they probably see less patients in diapers, but it may still happen, and I wouldn't think they would question it much apart from just being concerned for your well-being.
I've gone to the doctor wearing Megamax diapers a few times, both to the urologist and my regular doctor. The first time it was the standard question and answer- "Why are you wearing a diaper?" "Because I've been experiencing bladder leakage." "Ok, let's run some tests and find out what's going on." No judgment on the diaper, just concern.
I hope that's a similar experience for you.

Reactions: Constantlydamp, Dry247, Ortler and 5 others
Well, i had got a lot of problems to get taken serious by urologists, i do own printed versions (i will not buy them again), but i would never wear one of the printed versions to a doctors visit, even now, with all the documented neurological problems.

Wearing a diaper itself to a doctor was never a problem at all.

Reactions: UrgentWees, Diprs2, Rusher and 2 others
I usually wear pull-ups to the doctors.

Reactions: FrenchFriedOnion, Diprs2, Edgewater and 2 others
Mickeymic said:
Me too, seems the easiest option

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Have long worn diapers to medical appointments and consider it standard fair. However, wearing other than white diapers just blurs the reason you are visiting. Likely they will not care, but you are there to address the question 'why' and why add a distraction?

Reactions: Joeysms, Diprs2, Pino and 2 others
Mickeymic said:
You've got another vote for wearing pull-ups to a urology appointment here. It's just more convenient. In a typical urology appointment, I'll have to 1) produce a urine sample, 2) take off underwear for whatever test, and maybe pull my pants down a 3rd reason for something else. Pull-ups make that easier and as others have said don't create a distraction for your care team.

As I always wear medical and never printed diapers (I don't see any additional value in that) I'd never get the idea to wear a printed one to a medical examination. I only try to have at least - if possible of course - a dry one if I know I'm examined in that region. Of course if an urge hits shortly before - that's what IC is...

Reactions: Joeysms, Constantlydamp, Lethdale and 4 others
Thank you for confirming what I thought. I will save some of my regular medical diapers for the visit.
I might just get the plain white diapers for this next shipment. I might just stick to plain white medical diapers period. Never really thought about it but if something was to happen to me and they had to take me to hospital it might seem the same way. Even though I like different colors and patterns. I don't want someone thinking I am wearing for any other thing than medical.
As for pull ups while that idea seems to be a good one. My concern is unpredictability. Sometimes I find myself wetting a little at a time other times my bladder is full.

Reactions: Constantlydamp, Diprs2 and EcoIncon
lilshelly said:
I have a urology appointment for my urodynamics test that is coming up. I am just about out of diapers. This is my second visit. The first visit the doctor was checking on something else, not really bladder related. When he went to examine me I pulled my pants off and well there was my diaper.
He questioned why I was wearing the diaper and I told him I have issues making it to the bathroom.
Long story short. He wants to run the test to make sure that there is nothing is wrong which I am not sure if there is or isn't. I have had issues on and off for a couple of years.
My question is I have some white medical diapers left. I do like to switch up from time to time just for the heck of it. I mean we can change underwear and have patterns. I want to do the crinkles fairytale ✨️ print something new for me. Worried about wearing it to the doctor. I am afraid that they will think I am weird wearing a printed diaper and they will not take me seriously. Thoughts? Keep in mind that this is not a doctor that is used to seeing me.
I hear you and mostly wear white diapers but I did order some Crinkles and Forsite diapers in baby blue with stars. I liked them both but felt a bit odd wearing them outside the house. I don't think I could ever wear a printed diaper to the doctors and I am not too sure what he would say. As a Urologist I am sure he knows what is available on the market but I would be too ashamed to be seen in printed ones. I was even scared for him to know I wore at night shortly after I was having problems.

Reactions: Diprs2, furry121 and Edgewater
I elected to be more observant as to what babies and young children are wearing and I find that white diapers are still very common among those that I have seen. It clearly is a 'mother' choice thing, since babies are not buying diapers.

Long ago, when I was a child white cloth diapers with clear or white plastic pants ruled and clotheslines were filled with that mornings wash were commonplace.

Last edited:
Reactions: Constantlydamp, Diprs2, Angelapinks and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
I elected to be more observant as to what babies and young children are wearing and I find that white diapers are still very common among those that I have seen. It clearly is a 'mother' choice thing, since babies are not buying diapers.

Long ago, when I was a child white cloth diapers with clear or white plastic pants ruled and clotheslines were filled with that mornings wash were commonplace.
When I was younger I would always ride my bike around my area to see what cloth diapers and plastic pants were on the clothes lines. Ifit was late in the evening I would sometimes think of grabbing plastic pants off the line but most times it was too risky.

Angelapinks said:
I hear you and mostly wear white diapers but I did order some Crinkles and Forsite diapers in baby blue with stars. I liked them both but felt a bit odd wearing them outside the house. I don't think I could ever wear a printed diaper to the doctors and I am not too sure what he would say. As a Urologist I am sure he knows what is available on the market but I would be too ashamed to be seen in printed ones. I was even scared for him to know I wore at night shortly after I was having problems.
Where do u find foresite again those were soooo comfortable to me...
I find the printed diapers hold more fewer changes medical diapers in general succxxkk lol
Especially depends I remember green depends were actually pretty good back then and Walgreens had some good overnight diapers all plastic backed.

Better for covering urine smells or yea know.

Reactions: geka, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
furry121 said:
I find the printed diapers hold more fewer changes medical diapers in general succxxkk lol
Especially depends I remember green depends were actually pretty good back then and Walgreens had some good overnight diapers all plastic backed.

I get the Forsite Diapers from Age Comfort mail order in Canada. They are usually here in 3 days or less. There may be some mail order companies in the U.S. that sell them but Age Comfort may also cover the U.S. market.

furry121 said:

That is the one good thing about the crinkles brand and betterdry they come from the same company so one with prints and one without.

Reactions: geka, Diprs2, Angelapinks and 1 other person
I would most likely wear Depend or something vanilla like that, the last time I was at a Urologist that’s what I wore, and I was surprised he put it in his comments.

richieboy said:
I would most likely wear Depend or something vanilla like that, the last time I was at a Urologist that’s what I wore, and I was surprised he put it in his comments.
What would surprise you that it would be added to your medical records? After all, being IC is a medical condition as it is a common indicator of a developing or worsening medical or mental illness and that testing needs to be done at least yearly.

Reactions: Constantlydamp and Diprs2
I will wear printed diapers every now and then only when I feel playful.

Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2 and Angelapinks
Back