Pretend it's an incontinence issue?

Clothforever

Contributor
Regarding those who become aware of your diapers, why not just claim that they are used to manage incontinence? This way the whole abdl issue never is a factor and wearing them is acceptable. Your thoughts?

Reactions: Kellycares, AttilaThePun and Seasonedcitizen
I don't think it's fair to those that genuinely have that issue. It's part of what stigmatizes it in a way. Just be honest and say you enjoy them.

• Thinking
Reactions: CLPP, AttilaThePun, CuriousFabio and 4 others
I don't need to pretend I am incontinent I am no phony

Reactions: superlittle04, AttilaThePun, Racingmatt550 and 6 others
I am honest and straitforward if discovered I would tell the truth and just say for me they're helpful. That's just my input though.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, CuriousFabio, Edgewater and 1 other person
Yeah, whilst telling a lie isnt the best option, more than a few lies are told everyday for lesser reasons than embaressment.

I'm IC, so moot point for me.

But, look at it like this, if you had a vibrator show up on your doorstep (Not in generic packaging) would you say, yes i use it for masturbation? or would you say for muscles or some other lie to not be embaressed.

There is a line in the sand, but every second a wave washes it away, in seesnce its a moving target, at what point is it unacceptable to lie. Do you tell the 1yo there is no santa?

Now being IC i'm not going to blame someone for using that as a valid excuse, that is each persons choice as to what they are willing to do/lie.

I do however not feel it's somehow wrong towards the IC person/people either. Dont see that is makes IC issues get better or worse perception, that will depend on the individual experiances.

I feel it's not doing me no harm personally, others will feel different, but by having some more "IC" people in the world doesn IMHO cause the group some sorta damage, It's bringing it attention, and that usually is good, and doubt someone trying to lessen the looks they are getting is going to do anything to draw any more attention and try to fly under the rader as much as possible. after all they are trying to NOT get attention and doing/saying anything not generic would do the opposite.

Reactions: TenaciousDL, AttilaThePun, flybaby and 2 others
Bigbabybret said:
Yeah, whilst telling a lie isnt the best option, more than a few lies are told everyday for lesser reasons than embaressment.

I'm IC, so moot point for me.

But, look at it like this, if you had a vibrator show up on your doorstep (Not in generic packaging) would you say, yes i use it for masturbation? or would you say for muscles or some other lie to not be embaressed.

There is a line in the sand, but every second a wave washes it away, in seesnce its a moving target, at what point is it unacceptable to lie. Do you tell the 1yo there is no santa?

Now being IC i'm not going to blame someone for using that as a valid excuse, that is each persons choice as to what they are willing to do/lie.

I do however not feel it's somehow wrong towards the IC person/people either. Dont see that is makes IC issues get better or worse perception, that will depend on the individual experiances.

I feel it's not doing me no harm personally, others will feel different, but by having some more "IC" people in the world doesn IMHO cause the group some sorta damage, It's bringing it attention, and that usually is good, and doubt someone trying to lessen the looks they are getting is going to do anything to draw any more attention and try to fly under the rader as much as possible. after all they are trying to NOT get attention and doing/saying anything not generic would do the opposite.
ok fair enough I see your point where it could potentially be a problem. Like i said above I'm honest to a fault so maybe that's why i feel a bit strongly about telling the truth regardless what it is.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Edgewater and Bigbabybret
mistykitty said:
ok fair enough I see your point where it could potentially be a problem. Like i said above I'm honest to a fault so maybe that's why i feel a bit strongly about telling the truth regardless what it is.
Yes, totally agre, you personal feeling are yours, and that is 100% perfect.

I personally dont feel offended as an IC person if someone lied about being IC (least not causing medical/social cost/insurance costs) to limit or lesson any exposure of a kink.

Now, other may feel it wrongs them, and that is fine, i just dont see where its anyones business but the 2 involved in the said lie.

And as a whole, i usually lean to the no lies, but like i said, i'm not going to tell a toddler (real one) there is no santa just because theyhave been teld a lie.

Yes, there is varying degrees of lies, and the line will be you own to make, and i know it will change over time for sure.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, incontinente, Edgewater and 1 other person
I guess it depends on who discovers me. If one of my kids found out I was wearing diapers, then yes, I'd lie. If it was an adult friend, I might think twice. I have a couple of friends who I've known since elementary school, and with whom I've shared many personal things (but not diapers) over the years. I'd be more apt to come clean if one of them discovered.

But knowing them, if they saw a diaper poking out of my pants, they'd probably just assume I needed diapers and not say/ask anything.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Edgewater, dogboy and 3 others
Bigbabybret said:
Yes, totally agre, you personal feeling are yours, and that is 100% perfect.

I personally dont feel offended as an IC person if someone lied about being IC (least not causing medical/social cost/insurance costs) to limit or lesson any exposure of a kink.

Now, other may feel it wrongs them, and that is fine, i just dont see where its anyones business but the 2 involved in the said lie.

And as a whole, i usually lean to the no lies, but like i said, i'm not going to tell a toddler (real one) there is no santa just because theyhave been teld a lie.

Yes, there is varying degrees of lies, and the line will be you own to make, and i know it will change over time for sure.
Ok looking at things that way i'm inclined to feel a bit bad about my rush to judgement now because I guess you're right unless it's being done with malicious intent in some situations it may be ok. As far as the real toddler example i probably should have specified when I meant honest I meant with adults and abdl adults. I wouldn't ruin something for an actual kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: AttilaThePun and Edgewater
I've never done this but I've considered it as an option. Its a reason why if I wear in public I normally wear plain white or black diapers as opposed to AB printed- easier to claim as medical in a pinch. Never came up though

Reactions: AttilaThePun and mistykitty
ABAlex2 said:
I've never done this but I've considered it as an option. Its a reason why if I wear in public I normally wear plain white or black diapers as opposed to AB printed- easier to claim as medical in a pinch. Never came up though
The more people that mention this the more I can understand how this is viable.

Reactions: ABAlex2 and AttilaThePun
I have considered this on many a day, when I had my nervous breakdown for a couple months 2-4 times a week I was having tiny little leaks that I couldn't stop or tell were coming until it was out (we're talking like maybe 20ml at a time) since then I get bouts of depression here and there and do very, very occasionally get tiny leaks still.
After speaking to my GP back then it is actually on my medical records now as stress incontinence, but I think that it is listed as something that has happened rather than on ongoing issue.

It would definitely make it possible for me to get away with wearing a lot more, maybe even 24/7 without having to worry so much about what people are thinking but...
mistykitty said:
I don't think it's fair to those that genuinely have that issue. It's part of what stigmatizes it in a way. Just be honest and say you enjoy them.
This is exactly the way I feel about it, Like I would be belittling all those people who do suffer with IC since the stress IC I get is very minor and maybe 2-3 weeks a year if I'm going through a really bad patch. Then there is the background knowledge in my head that it would be just an excuse to wear more but the reason I am wanting to wear is the same.

Bigbabybret said:

I get your point here but it kinda depends on how you get found out, sure if an ABDL person is in a diaper at work in discreet regular cloths and someone spots the bulge and calls them out, then saying they are IC and explaining about the problems that can bring might be fine and brings no bad attention to IC as a whole, and as you say may even help raise awareness and support from others.

On the other hand having a colleague walk into your office to see you in a printed diaper, sucking a paci and with a bottle of milk on the desk, saying you are IC and this helps you cope as an excuse in this instance is going to put a slightly dimmer light on IC in general, if people begin to think that is a common coping mechanism for IC people.

It doesn't even have to be that overt, let's say someone tells their boss and colleagues they are IC after being caught wearing to the office, they get some support but then one day they have a house party and a colleague, walking around the house, spots a bunch of AB paraphernalia not quite fully hidden away and word gets around. That may well get associated with IC too again lowering people views of it.

Reactions: AttilaThePun
Belarin said:
I have considered this on many a day, when I had my nervous breakdown for a couple months 2-4 times a week I was having tiny little leaks that I couldn't stop or tell were coming until it was out (we're talking like maybe 20ml at a time) since then I get bouts of depression here and there and do very, very occasionally get tiny leaks still.
After speaking to my GP back then it is actually on my medical records now as stress incontinence, but I think that it is listed as something that has happened rather than on ongoing issue.

It would definitely make it possible for me to get away with wearing a lot more, maybe even 24/7 without having to worry so much about what people are thinking but...

This is exactly the way I feel about it, Like I would be belittling all those people who do suffer with IC since the stress IC I get is very minor and maybe 2-3 weeks a year if I'm going through a really bad patch. Then there is the background knowledge in my head that it would be just an excuse to wear more but the reason I am wanting to wear is the same.

I get your point here but it kinda depends on how you get found out, sure if an ABDL person is in a diaper at work in discreet regular cloths and someone spots the bulge and calls them out, then saying they are IC and explaining about the problems that can bring might be fine and brings no bad attention to IC as a whole, and as you say may even help raise awareness and support from others.

On the other hand having a colleague walk into your office to see you in a printed diaper, sucking a paci and with a bottle of milk on the desk, saying you are IC and this helps you cope as an excuse in this instance is going to put a slightly dimmer light on IC in general, if people begin to think that is a common coping mechanism for IC people.

It doesn't even have to be that overt, let's say someone tells their boss and colleagues they are IC after being caught wearing to the office, they get some support but then one day they have a house party and a colleague, walking around the house, spots a bunch of AB paraphernalia not quite fully hidden away and word gets around. That may well get associated with IC too again lowering people views of it.
Adding on to this, if it in a situation where someone is able to ask for proof of need then you're stuck.

Reactions: AttilaThePun and Belarin
I've considered claiming IC to be a last-resort option, as (like any lie) it could lead in undesirable directions. Like if I used that excuse with a family member, "what did your doctor say about that?"

The pandemic did give me another excuse though. I have some serious risk factors (which is no secret), so saying I'd rather use a diaper than go into a public restroom is the absolute truth. if the AB-ness of my diaper is questioned, I can say that I found diapers that are way better than what's in the local stores. And, why not have some fun with a neat print? Lots of people wear underwear with colors or prints.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Sealander, Belarin and 1 other person
littleFeathers said:
I've considered claiming IC to be a last-resort option, as (like any lie) it could lead in undesirable directions. Like if I used that excuse with a family member, "what did your doctor say about that?"

The pandemic did give me another excuse though. I have some serious risk factors (which is no secret), so saying I'd rather use a diaper than go into a public restroom is the absolute truth. if the AB-ness of my diaper is questioned, I can say that I found diapers that are way better than what's in the local stores. And, why not have some fun with a neat print? Lots of people wear underwear with colors or prints.
This in my thoughts is a better approach to look at it from. Give a reason that is true for you, but lying and saying ic without being ic should be a last resort situation due to the possible impacts it can have.

I'm going to recuse myself from this thread now. I can see viable reasons on both sides so I'm to impartial to make a true decision.

All my peers are people I've lived around for atleast a decade, many of them know im abdl, amd im young with no history accidents. I couldn't get away with it.

I’m just a DL not an AB so I just wear the plain diapers. My kinks are none of anyone’s business and I don’t flaunt them. Also I am old enough that being noticed wearing a diaper would appear as a medical necessity .

Reactions: Kellycares, AttilaThePun, Subtlerustle and 1 other person
Haha....at my age I doubt anyone would seek and answer. Us older folks are stuck with the stigma of needing diapers. I would add that that assumption isn't fair to anyone but that's society for you. I would also add that at my age, I would probably ask, "Why is what I wear your business?"

Reactions: Kellycares, AttilaThePun and Edgewater
Belarin said:

Yes in your opnion it would put light on IC in a bad way, but I look at it as most would/will do a bit of digging in a wierd instance, and most like come to the conclusion the have lied and are in fact doing something for fun not medically.

Even if people dont ever get that the person lied and they are not going to beleive that wearing printed diapers sucking on a paci and whatever else is the normal IC person.

But i'm sure anyone remotely curious would find said AB hardware and easily get the gist.

Now on the next thing, there ARE ic people that DO also AB stuff.

Now comes down to, even if someone has lied about IC, and get found out as AB, that is a real scenerio.

Most people i beleive are smart enough to know that most people have more than one intrest in life. Just cause one area might have an overlap in another one, isnt going to cause the general public to suddenly go, yeah all IC people are into AB stuff that is not going to happen.

Like is someone that drives a truck into off roading, no. No more than me owning running shoes says I can run.

Either way, I dont see it harming IC people, not going to happen enough and the internet has plenty of info on AB that will quickly pop up.

The real line in the sand is personal and even at that will change over time and instance.

Your point of vie is 100% perfect for you, as it's yours. I do see your defence of that point "wich is not needed" could happen, but someone will quickly put that person to being an AB, which is more juicy to talk about as it is anyhow.

So, I personally see that the only person hurt by lying is the person lying, call it carma, being old, my outlook, or whatever that is what i feel is the case.

Now remember NO ONE IS WRONG, this is your own outlook. But as being IC and really not AB i though i'd weigh in and say that its not going to cause IC people harm. one more not 99yo IC case being public i think will out weigh the few if an people that jump to AB is IC. A quick look on the googler and that should be fixed, and any reporting is going to get the AB conncection right away.

Yes there may be someone that heard something and didnt care enough to look or think about it, well they dont really care either way, and if they were to say to someone that IC people dress like babies I'm pretty sure would be corrected quickly buy most anyone once again.

Total wrong information only contines to perpetulate in a vaccum, once there is information, some get informed and then they tend to correct the ones that are wrong.

Yes there are some things that are very hard for most people to grasp, from quantum physics to orbital mechanics. But even these are in time going to be dealt with.

Merry Christmas!!! Bring some joy into someones life this holiday season, and they will bring you joy in kind.

Reactions: AttilaThePun and Edgewater
Back