Pregnant Women and ABDL diapers?

russell100 said:
My older sister wore a nappy for each of 4 pregnancies & for several months after too.
Did you persuade her to try them?

ChocChip said:
Did you persuade her to try them?
Not exactly but she does know that I wear nappies & we have talked about the benefits of wearing them.

Reactions: ChocChip
russell100 said:
Not exactly but she does know that I wear nappies & we have talked about the benefits of wearing them.
I guess if someone has an adult family member in nappies and know it's no big deal, it makes it more likely they will try them themselves if the need arises.

Thought I would jump in here because I'm pregnant and just started using diapers.

At first I was using pads to catch leaks from sneezing etc. After a while there were a couple of occasions where I wasnt close to a bathroom and desperately needed to pee. I had to purposely let myself pee a bit into the pad in order to relieve the pressure and avoid a larger accident. Every time that happened I was so nervous about leaking so I bought some depends underwear which I now wear if I'm going out somewhere and I'm not sure about toilet access.

I also wake 3 or 4 times in the night to pee and I thought well I'm already buying diapers! I bought some heavier ones in the hope that I could just relieve myself without having to properly wake up and get out of bed during the night. It's only been 3 nights and I'm not finding it that helpful. I wake up needing to pee and have to concentrate very hard to let any out while in bed, sometimes I have to stand up to be able to. So it feels a bit pointless but I'm hoping that it will get easier. I do like the comfort it gives me because when I wake up I'm so desperate the trip to the bathroom feels like I wont make it. I always have so far but it's good to know that if I don't ill be protected.

Reactions: ChocChip and AAO
Chachacha said:
...It's only been 3 nights and I'm not finding it that helpful. I wake up needing to pee and have to concentrate very hard to let any out while in bed, sometimes I have to stand up to be able to. So it feels a bit pointless but I'm hoping that it will get easier.

Yes, it will get easier as you continue to wear and use diapers at night.

It becomes second nature after a while. Make sure you lie on your back as otherwise disposables tend to leak out of the sides. Also having a good mattress protector makes it easier to let go in bed as you're relaxed knowing any leaks won't do major damage.

That's the power of mind conditioning from potty training and decades of reinforcement. It will take time to overcome that training. as mentioned, the best thing you can do is just lie on you back and concentrate on relaxing to pee. It WILL happen if you become desperate enough. Having diaper you can trust to not leak go a long way in helping too. You mentioned using heavier diapers, but which brand? Something like Megamax or Betterdry are your best bet, though Confidry or Northshore supreme might be ok for starting out as well.

ChocChip said:
I guess if someone has an adult family member in nappies and know it's no big deal, it makes it more likely they will try them themselves if the need arises.
That is very true.

Back