Poll: What's your partner's attitude towards your ABDL side?

What's your partner's attitude towards your ABDL side?

• I don't have a partner and I don't need one

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I don't have a partner, I wish I had one, but would keep it secret

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I don't have a partner, I wish I had one, I would intend to tell

Votes: 23 12.2%
  • My partner doesn't know, I'll keep it secret

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • My partner doesn't know, I intend to tell

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • My partner knows but disapproves

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • My partner knows and tolerates, but does not participate

Votes: 68 36.0%
  • My partner knows and participates

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • Other (please explain below)

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

ElPulpo

The friendly diapered octopus
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
There have been several threads about relationships with lots of interesting answers about what role ABDL plays within relationships. I would like to get some impression about the distribution of attiitudes towards our ABDL sides. Thank you for your answers.

As far as I am concerned, I told my wife a couple of years after we married. I should have done long before, but you might understand (and she did) that the topic is not easily brought up. It turned out she is as tolerant as with other aspects. She does not participate, but she doesn't mind either that I hoard diapers for hundreds of euros and wear in her presence - which is not as often as I would like to because we have children. I still hope things will get even more common once they leave home.

Reactions: Jr2012 and BbGerry
I'm the 'I don't have a partner and I don't need one; although, given the nature of socioeconomics and cost of housing resulting in being unable to afford to choose to live alone, I may have enter into some sort of partnership, a forced marriage if you will, to avoid the alternative of a prison cell or a cardboard box' category 😁

I wouldn't be surprised if that describes 50% of people 🤣

• Love
Reactions: Mal8, chrischrischris, KittyMerriweather and 1 other person
My partner knows that I wear for fun, and encourages me to wear from time to time.

Reactions: Lumos and Jr2012
I wear and wet most nights, she is not happy about it but tolerates it- I sleep in guest room

Reactions: Kayleigh and AComputerGuy
Knows and participates.

My G/F knew about my thing before we even met, on the POF site I said in my info that I was a AB/DL and was looking for a LTR but they must be aware that my kink would never go away. Anyone who replied or contacted me did so on the basis that it would be part of our relationship.

I got loads of replies congratulating me on being so honest and how they were intrigued by the lifestyle. I never received a single negative message.

• Love
Reactions: ARBBB2, Lyric, Lumos and 4 others
ElPulpo said:
There have been several threads about relationships with lots of interesting answers about what role ABDL plays within relationships. I would like to get some impression about the distribution of attiitudes towards our ABDL sides. Thank you for your answers.

As far as I am concerned, I told my wife a couple of years after we married. I should have done long before, but you might understand (and she did) that the topic is not easily brought up. It turned out she is as tolerant as with other aspects. She does not participate, but she doesn't mind either that I hoard diapers for hundreds of euros and wear in her presence - which is not as often as I would like to because we have children. I still hope things will get even more common once they leave home.
I’m in a similar situation. It’s pretty good. Would I love to have a situation where we both wore for pleasure occasionally? Absolutely. Given the spectrum of possible outcomes though, I’m extremely grateful for my luck. I wear to bed most nights and after dinner to after breakfast if we are not leaving the house. Buying, crinkling and talking diapers is no issue really. My kids are coming home soon from university though so my life in diapers is going to be set up for a huge disruption.

Reactions: Jr2012
My husband is very supportive. He participates some but is very bad at putting on my diaper

• Haha
Reactions: Mal8, Kayleigh, babybobby and 2 others
I'd like options for partner approves too. There's disapprove, which is negative and tolerates just seems neutral but not necessarily positive.

My partner knows and approves, but does not participate (usually)

Reactions: DylanLewis and BbGerry
ade said:
I'm the 'I don't have a partner and I don't need one; although, given the nature of socioeconomics and cost of housing resulting in being unable to afford to choose to live alone, I may have enter into some sort of partnership, a forced marriage if you will, to avoid the alternative of a prison cell or a cardboard box' category 😁

I wouldn't be surprised if that describes 50% of people 🤣
Ah isn't that the sad truth. There's always roommates of course if you don't want a romantic relationship. I know many adults who live with roommates to afford rent. And up until a year ago I too depended on roommates to make ends meet

I voted other.
My partner knows about it, and likes to too, but does not participate. He likes it for vastly different reasons then I do.

Reactions: Mal8, DylanLewis and chrischrischris
"My partner knows and participates"
I am pretty upfront what I would like out of relationship :3

Sheepies said:
I'd like options for partner approves too. There's disapprove, which is negative and tolerates just seems neutral but not necessarily positive.
LimeBloodedNoir said:
My partner knows about it, and likes to too, but does not participate. He likes it for vastly different reasons then I do.
You're right and I am sorry. I'm afraid it's not been easy for me to think of an exhaustive set. Now it's impossible to change the answers any more.

I'm somewhat surprised by the amount of positively reacting partners. Either the ones in an accepting partnersip are more interested in answering or the overall situation for ABDL relationships is better than I had feared. It's sad to see the votes of those who miss a partner, won't tell or experience disapproval. I hope all of us will find a way to live their life as it fits them best.
Thank you all for answering!

Reactions: Sheepies
I told my partner all about my love of wearing diapers and rubber pants very early into our relationship because, after so many years of having to hide the diaper side of my life, I finally decided to be honest and straightforward about it regardless of her reactions. So after a divorce and a few failures I finally met a girl who is now my partner/fiancee. She has from the very beginning been supportive, understanding and loving and encourages me to wear my diapers and rubber pants as often as I want and be much more adventurous in my diapers than I have ever been. She told her daughter and two of her closest friends as well. She lets me go around our home in just my diapers, rubber pants and shirt and I feel so free, a little childish and often naughty when I potty in my diapers. She always makes sure I am diapered when we go out anywhere and takes a diaper bag with us in case she needs to change me. She diapers every night before we go to bed and changes my soggy diapers every morning.

My wife knows and accepts me as a DL. We sleep in the same bed. I either go to bed with a very, very wet diaper or panties, stockings, and a nighty. I go to bed well after my wife so it is rare that she sees me come to bed. If she wakes up when I come to bed, so be it. She has seen me in lingerie as well as a swollen diaper. She never has said anything one way or the other. Our position is she wouldn't "demand" I stop wearing any more than I would "demand" she start wearing.

My wife tolerates me wearing, but she doesn’t really like it. She would rather I didn’t wear, but isn’t going to tell me that I can’t.

There is a big difference between tolerating and being accepting.

Reactions: Kayleigh
"My partner knows and participates" ...I am a happy camper.

Reactions: Subtlerustle, TDR and NappyCouple1980
Me and my girlfriend are both DLs and she came out to me first after a date night and it took every ounce of strength to hold back me from telling her I was too because I wanted to surprise her after our next date, I made her think I was going to try it out by changing her out of her wet diaper at my place but I made her close her eyes and put her in one of my Dino Elite ones from my closet and then put her spare Cushies over it

• Love
Reactions: Mommysdiaperboy, Lumos, Abdlchriscrinkle and 3 others
Stuffie is my partner and he accepts me for who I am . I ticked other

My partner participates 100%, and she does all my diaper changes. She likes it when I go into my little side she loves letting me be a toddler, and I also love it.

Reactions: Lyric and chrischrischris
It's a bit complicated. My partner's made clear they're not into it, but regularly pats or spanks my padding, and we've occasionally had sex where I'm padded. Pretty much everything goes, except changings. But that's because I haven't asked yet!

Back