Greenie the Filly
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
Hey all,

so I'm very much getting into wearing much more often and intend to go 24/7 rather soon. It seems to be the general case that no matter how good your diaper is, you're always going to be prone to leaks. I've heard that plastic pants/covers are very effective in reducing the likelyhood of this occuring.

I'm still in university (last year, woot!), and I just dropped quite a bit of cash on a case of diapers and some onesies, so I'm looking for something on the cheaper side. Any recommendations?

• Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks, Jr2012 and KrankyPants
If you are concerned about leaking from a disposable diaper (leg area or waist if laying down) regular underwear over your disposable and plastic underpants will do the trick since any leakage will get wicked up a bit into the underwear and the plastic underpants (PP) will contain it. If the leak is severe you can wear training underwear (4 layer is great) and it takes up a lot more of the leak than regular thinner underwear. If you are leaking past that you need a better disposable or go to multi-layer cotton diapers and plastic underpants.

I only wear an M4 or other high absorbency diaper when skiing and then training underwear over that with my PUL pp (cuts the heat down a lot) over that. I have never had any leak out of that combo on the slopes and I usually wet 3 times a full load each time since I drink a lot of water on the slopes for about 6 hours. Bulkiness is in the eye of the beholder as I can still wear my regular jeans over this combo (my waist size is 35") and then change out of my jeans and slip on my snow pants over this in the car when I arrive (too hot to wear snow pants in the car). My last outing I removed my snowpants and pulled some flannel sweatpants over my M4/training underwear / PULs and then went into the rental store to return the skis. Even though I was soaked and sitting in the car for about 2 hours on the way back to the hotel, I did not leak nor did I find the bulk that obvious. No one in the rental ski store said anything or made any strange faces and I was standing with a group of people for about 20 minutes.

Reactions: littledub1955, Angelapinks, Deleted member 39193 and 1 other person
Plastic pants are always good to wear if you are having/preventing leaks. I usually don't have a leak problem with disposables, but I wear plastic pants with my cloth diapers every night and I wore them over my cloth training pants all through school. Onesies are also a very good addition. Also try a better brand of disposables--like MegaMax. and change more often.

Reactions: Angelapinks
Cheaper in the long run to buy quality and have it last.
gary pants

Reactions: littledub1955, Angelapinks, MetalDan86 and 3 others
I rarely have leaks, but I will use plastic pants as part of the experience.

Reactions: toddlerPampers and Angelapinks
quarktheory said:
gary pants
I have 8 pairs of plastic pants from www.fetware.com in Hooksett, NH just 20 miles north of me.

Reactions: littledub1955 and MetalDan86
chuck said:
Plastic pants are always good to wear if you are having/preventing leaks. I usually don't have a leak problem with disposables, but I wear plastic pants with my cloth diapers every night and I wore them over my cloth training pants all through school. Onesies are also a very good addition. Also try a better brand of disposables--like MegaMax. and change more often.
Yeah I have some pretty nice (at least nicer) disposables. I think I'm particularly bad at taping diapers on (which you'd think I'd get better after a decade of them), hence the leaks. I also have a huge bladder capacity, and while I try not to flood, it happens. I already have a good set of onesies, so I have that going for me.

quarktheory said:
gary pants
Noted. I see that northshore carries them, so perhaps I'll just save up a bit more.

Plastic pants are a great insurance policy for leaks. Having a pair available for situations of extended wear in public can keep your mind at rest. I also use when I'm low on dips and I want to use them to max capacity.
For 15$, worth keeping a pair on hand. They should last a while when gently hand washed.

Reactions: littledub1955, chuck and Jr2012
I love the look and feel of plastic pants and own many pairs.

Reactions: vp39 and chrischrischris
I've worn plastic pants, I call them rubber pants, because that's what we called them when I was a kid. I started buying plastic pants when I left home because I also liked to wear cloth diapers and plastic pants are necessary to prevent wet pants, beds, chairs its ets. I have a large collection now of all types, colors, and prints.

Reactions: vp39, Babybike2, steviet and 4 others
GreenieTheFilly said:
Hey all,

I'm still in university (last year, woot!), and I just dropped quite a bit of cash on a case of diapers and some onesies, so I'm looking for something on the cheaper side. Any recommendations?

If you're buying cheap plastic pants, you won't get quality ones; they'll last maybe a week or two and then start tearing/ripping. According the the guy who runs fetware, the more crinkly they are the more they are prone to having issues.

The Babykins "Tuffy" vinyl pants are really well built for the price.

Reactions: Babybike2 and Jr2012
I like them as much as diapers. I almost always have to put a pair over the diaper IM wearing. I feel like something is missing if I dont put on a pair over the diaper. I love the smooth shiny surface of them and they do crinkle somewhat as well. The snug elastics also kinda become a turn on as well. I love the look of an over sized pair over my diaper looking all big and poofy with the waist band just sitting below my bellybutton. It looks so cute and babyish.

• Love
Reactions: Ortler, littledub1955, Seasonedcitizen and 3 others
GreenieTheFilly said:
Hey all,

so I'm very much getting into wearing much more often and intend to go 24/7 rather soon. It seems to be the general case that no matter how good your diaper is, you're always going to be prone to leaks. I've heard that plastic pants/covers are very effective in reducing the likelyhood of this occuring.

Congratulations! Keep up your hard work! 🎓💯

My wife says I have enough plastic, PUL, and waterproof nylon pants to start a store: white, colored, and prints.

Reactions: Babybike2, Seasonedcitizen, passion4life and 3 others
I use them to help contain the smell.

I have researched all styles and brands of plastic pants and found it very important to buy the type that fits your needs for each situation. There are so many materials, colors and fits available it can be overwhelming. It is very important to me that I don't have any leaks at night or while dressed during the day. At night I wear plastic pants over a cloth diaper as I wet a lot. During the day, I wear a pull-up with thin plastic pants to ensure no leaks. If I can ever be of help giving rubber pant advise I would be happy to do so

Reactions: Babybike2, chuck, JOCKMAN and 2 others
that is true , plastic pants its very important

Reactions: marlin, Andrewgdfw, Lyric and 1 other person
rosesusan1000 said:
that is true , plastic pants its very important
Do you wear plastic pants 24/7?

Reactions: vp39, Angelapinks, Neroforte and 2 others
I will wear plastic pants over my disposables overnight to make sure I have no leaks. Funny thing though is that I rarely ever leak out of my diaper into the plastic pants. But I like the look and feel of them.
I have a variety of plastic pants, white quiet, milky white crinkly, snaps, pull-ups and rhumbas.
My last purchase was for a three pack from Amazon for $10.00. I wasn’t sure how they would be but it turns out they are my new go to’s. They are light and very comfortable. The elastic is similar to the elastic on women’s panties so they are comfortable around my legs.

Reactions: vp39, Angelapinks and passion4life
Back