Plastic pants are wonderful

BobbiSueEllen said:
I found two pair of frosted white PPs, just like the vintage Gerber ones I wore over my diapers when I was a small baby, I love 'em! Got 'em a size up for that toddlery 'puffy' look. They leave pink elastic compression lines on your tummy & legs but that's a badge of office when you wear them...and a diaper.
My Protex vinyl pants leave compression lines too. I don’t recall my GaryWear PUL pants doing that, but they leaked. Better to have compression lines than wet clothes!

Reactions: Shannon1024, Angelapinks, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
oldpppants said:
Be careful. If you completely saturate you diaper and it leaks, there's only so much plastic pants can do. If your pee pools inside it will leak out.
This is something my mom made me keenly aware of in ‘60 or ‘61 when she asked what “I” thought “we” should do about my nightly bed wetting. I suggested we try plastic pants again and she thought that they wouldn’t help much without diapers, which would’ve been cloth back then, to absorb the liquid. The affinity for plastic pants was such that I didn’t want any diaper between my beloved plastic pants and my tushie so I stupidly turned them down. Now, over 60 years later, I’m dual incontinent and have learned how factual her concerns were above needing absorbency as I try to keep my bedding, clothing, furniture, and other surroundings dry.

Reactions: BillSpeed and BobbiSueEllen
MikeDJ said:
They sure are .......I loved them since the early days. I loved the swishy shiny white surface on them and of course that nice subtle crinkle. The old school Gerber ones are the best but so hard to find now.
I’ve got a few pair of tight fitting PEVA pants that I got on eBay that I wear on the infrequent occasions that I wear disposables. They’d never fit over my normal cloth diapers but they’re snug even with disposables but they also very supportive to prevent sagging. They have the added advantage for me in that their tight fit means there’s little air to get vented when I move or sit. Something those of us who are bowel incontinent have to keep in mind to prevent offending sensitive noses that we may encounter.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
hidden1234 said:
So on someone's recommendation, I picked up some plastic pants and these suckers are wonderful for wearing and wetting in public.
I took one of my smallest capacity diapers, put on some plastic pants over it. flooded it so it would def leak and the plastic pants prevented the leak. Now I sit here in a soggy diaper with no clean up! I love it!

hidden1234 said:
So on someone's recommendation, I picked up some plastic pants and these suckers are wonderful for wearing and wetting in public.
I took one of my smallest capacity diapers, put on some plastic pants over it. flooded it so it would def leak and the plastic pants prevented the leak. Now I sit here in a soggy diaper with no clean up! I love it!

I like to wear good tight fitting plastic pants over my nappy, and then keep it on for a good extended time. sometimes untill the nappy actually starts leaking. the plastic pants stop it going any further and getting on my clothing. when know I'm going to be wearing for a good long time like this., I all ways apply plenty of barrier ointment before I start. otherwise I get nappy rash on my bum.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Zeke
With as many folks as there are on this forum who loved the Gerber plastic pants that they grew up with you would think that they could sell enough of them to make them again. They used to be my “go to” when I used to snatch them off clotheslines and steal them out of grocery and department stores as a kid. I grew up in the ‘60s and Gerber was just one of the plethora of companies selling their version of plastic pants and they could be found in a large variety of stores back then.

Reactions: BillSpeed, Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
hidden1234 said:
I find that most people who try plastic pants find the same thing. I have worn them over my diapers for years. They do help keep from leaking and in addition they are so cute. Now days you can find them in such cute colors and prints. To me they are a perfect way to accessorize whatever I am wearing. Depending on what brand you try they can be soft and quiet or as my preference more crinkly and noticeable. I guess that is just part of the fun in wearing them.

Reactions: Littleboyplastic, Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
Diaperloverj said:
I love plastic pants. I wear them over my diaper and sometimes I wear them just by themselves and pee in them.
I haven’t done the peeing in plastic pants by themselves thing for years now, but recently, when I had pee pools collecting in them after it had run through my diaper, I was fascinated playing with it. This usually only happens with new cloth diapers before they’ve been washed a few times to remove the sizing and natural oils that retard absorption. If the plastic was held tight against the cloth diaper forcing the urine into the cloth it would eventually absorb the liquid.

Reactions: Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
Zeke said:
With as many folks as there are on this forum who loved the Gerber plastic pants that they grew up with you would think that they could sell enough of them to make them again. They used to be my “go to” when I used to snatch them off clotheslines and steal them out of grocery and department stores as a kid. I grew up in the ‘60s and Gerber was just one of the plethora of companies selling their version of plastic pants and they could be found in a large variety of stores back then.
Plastic pants are no longer mainstream it seems. Yes there used to be racks of them in so many kids stores, Toys r Us, Department stores and even see them in the baby aisle in Supermarkets. Nowadays you dont see them at all anymore. Yes there were so many companies and varieties that made them. You'dthink with all the talk if using cloth diapers again these days they would make a comeback but no. Nowadays the All in ONe diaprs are the thing now . Also most waterproof pants are now the laminate types. I still love a nice all plastic pair to pull on.

• Sad
Reactions: BillSpeed, Angelapinks, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
jbond007 said:
100% vinyl plastic panties for me, now and always. They're the best.
which plastic pants?

Reactions: BillSpeed, Angelapinks, jbond007 and 1 other person
windl2024 said:
which plastic pants?
My favorite plastic pants normally are the ones I'm wearing....

• Love
Reactions: BillSpeed, Angelapinks, jbond007 and 1 other person
vp39 said:
My favorite plastic pants normally are the ones I'm wearing....
I know exactly what you mean.

• Love
Reactions: BillSpeed, Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
jbond007 said:
I know exactly what you mean.
Can you please expand what you mean?

• Thinking
Reactions: jbond007 and BobbiSueEllen
windl2024 said:
which plastic pants?
Windl2024: Pictured here is a representative sample of the plastic panties in my wardrobe. I've tried most brands of plastic panties and have a few favorites. Do you like these?

Attachments

• 20240311-plastic-panties-SMALL.jpg
    20240311-plastic-panties-SMALL.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BillSpeed, Brumas94, vp39 and 2 others
I use mainly with snaps

Reactions: BillSpeed, Constantlydamp, vp39 and 2 others
I wear plastic pants daily, espescailly when I'm out and about or at work. They hold my pee smell in and give me confidence that people cant smell me quite so easily. They are also good for any small leaks. I couldnt survive without plastic pants.

Reactions: Angelapinks, vp39, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
Soggy247 said:
I wear plastic pants daily, espescailly when I'm out and about or at work. They hold my pee smell in and give me confidence that people cant smell me quite so easily. They are also good for any small leaks. I couldnt survive without plastic pants.
I wear plastic pants at night to try and keep my bed dry when my nappy leaks. I wear them during the day to keep the occasional leaks from wetting my clothes.

stuckin60s said:
Have always used plastic pants over my diaper the diaper is not complete without them for me. I just have to have them on over my diaper or don't bother with the diaper all together. Yes they are wonderful
I don't feel dressed without a thick nappy and plastic pants.

Reactions: Constantlydamp, Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
I love PVC pants over my diaper especially at night. Quite often I wear a onesie and tights too at night jn bed as it helps give the feel of being locked into my diaper. I have bought pvc pants from Etsy hand made by a lady who runs Betties Bespoke Panties. She makes great looking pants but she doesn't always get the elastic around the legs tight enough and so they are not great for stopping leaks but they go well with a nice sissy dress. :)

Reactions: Angelapinks, BobbiSueEllen and Littleboyplastic
DLSteph said:
I love PVC pants over my diaper especially at night. Quite often I wear a onesie and tights too at night jn bed as it helps give the feel of being locked into my diaper. I have bought pvc pants from Etsy hand made by a lady who runs Betties Bespoke Panties. She makes great looking pants but she doesn't always get the elastic around the legs tight enough and so they are not great for stopping leaks but they go well with a nice sissy dress. :)
I’m the same. PVC pants, tights and onesie or one piece. I feel so secure. Cute avatar too, what legs! Following if that’s ok.

Back