littledreamers333

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other
ok so I am just wondering what all you prefer wearing more cloth backed diapers or plastic and why...for me I like plastic mostly because I like the crinkle they have to them

Reactions: Sidewinder
Plastic. It is what I wore as a baby in the 80’s and the ABDL game is all about the nostalgia for me.

Plastic is better regardless. Cloth leaks sooner and doesn’t hold odors as well. Supposed advantages are discreteness (no crinkle sound) and more breathability for the skin. I doubt both these reasons. It is hard to hear crinkles in public when clothed and most skin problems aren’t associated with a supposed lack of air flow, but from the waste itself. Unless you bring up chafing, which both types can cause. I will give cloth diapers this though: they are cooler temperature wise.

Last edited:
I wear cloth backed, because I wear in the evening and to bed where it is very quiet. My wife still hasn’t got used to the idea of diapers and probably wouldn’t appreciate hearing a plastic diaper every time I moved. Also, I don’t want my kids to find out. Given that I am a DL and don’t generally wet my diaper and don’t care about cute prints, there is not a real need for plastic for me. I also like that the cloth backed are cooler and I can get refastenable velcro tabs.

Reactions: Janvier
I'm a plastic guy myself, but if there ever was a premium ab diaper ever made that didn't have the cloth like shell stretch out like most do I would give them a shot, especially id the sides were breathable. I have chaffing issues on the outside of my hip bones after wearing for long periods of time due to sweat and rubbing.

Reactions: littledreamers333 and Sidewinder
I prefer plastic, because, 1, it's what I remember most from my early childhood, 2 I like the crinkly sound and 3, it feels soft, rubbing against my thighs.

Reactions: littledreamers333
Just to be clear, all disposables are plastic-backed. The covers are either smooth plastic or the woven, clothlike cover. Of the two, I strongly prefer smooth plastic. Real cloth diapers would come in ahead of clothlike covered disposables except in matters of practicality and since I wear for pleasure, practicality is usually a little lower on the list.

I was a cloth baby with plastic or rubber pants. I do have some cloth But Plastic-backed disposables are just a lot easier.

As a baby I wore plastic pants with my cloth diapers but I don't remember that.

Now I prefer plastic backed disposables because I like how the diaper feels. I also feel more secure in that I believe plastic backed diapers hold in the smell better.

I like cloth backed because they have refastenable tabs and they're quiet. But I prefer plastic backed because they contain wetness and the smell better. I really like the crinkle but only when I'm alone. It's a shame I have a hard time obtaining them.

Last edited:
Reactions: littledreamers333
I prefer plastic as well, but because I’ve never liked the fit of the cloth. With the cloth they don’t have as much natural stretch as plastic. As I move I think the cloth stretch out, sag and overall don’t feel as comfortable.

Mark down another for the plastic-backed club :)

My reasons are largely the same as my other padded pals; they were what I wore as a baby so they add realism to my regression time, I find they tend to be more absorbent than cloth-backed brands, they don't run the risk of falling apart or springing a leak as frequently as cloth-backed brands and they do a better job of containing odours compared to cloth-backed disposables as well :)

In truth, plastic-backed diapers are really convenient and utilitarian, they serve their purpose and they serve it well, there's a reason why plastic-backed is still somewhat of a standard. The only real benefits I see to cloth-backed would be extra discretion as they are quieter, but I personally really like the crinkle of a plastic-backed diaper 😄

It's also a matter of performance, I have worn cloth-backed disposables before and while the general vibe and feel is off as well, they just didn't perform well at all. They clumped up and started sagging apart after only a couple of wettings, they don't have a lot of structural integrity :cautious:

I can see actual cloth prefold diapers with plastic covers being effective and giving just as many benefits as plastic-backed sans the cleaning and laundry portion involved in using them of course, but cloth-backed disposable diapers... I dunno, they don't even sound great in theory 😅

Last edited:
I'm one of those insufferable bastards who prefers the clothlike disposables to the smooth sort. My preferences in disposables have largely followed baby diapers over the years. That said, there are smooth plastic diapers that I enjoy, such as the Bambino Magnifico. It gets a pass because, while it has a smooth plastic shell, it incorporates hook-and-loop tabs as well as stretchy sides, both of which I strongly associate with modern baby diapers.

All that said, the first diapers I reach for are my reusable cloth diapers.

Plastic for me, nothing to do with crinkling, it is the feel of the plastic that does it for me.

I prefer plastic, but I do like cloth. I wore Goodnites until I was a freshman in high school and cloth diapers remind me of those times.

I prefer plastic backed for sure because they don't stretch and sag like the cloth-like diapers do but I do buy and wear cloth backed diapers when the occasion calls for it. When I do wear cloth backed diapers I use either seni super plus or tena super.

Back